Wondering if I made a bad choice?.. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Wondering if I made a bad choice?..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I’d say you made a good choice.

You saved at least $125 based on prices in my area. I’m like you in that I typically buy easily modded guns in new condition but if this one looks as you describe (the barrel/ramp, etc) and controls all work as they should then I would not worry about it.

After some range time, if something turns out to be questionable/modded, you can always send it to H&K to restore to factory condition.

I love my USP compacts! I’m sticking with H&K and Walther from here on out.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I carry a USP 45 stainless from 1996 at work. Works great for me :)
    Certified Heckler & Koch Armorer (HK416/MP5/UMP/USP/HK45/VP9/VP9sk)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yep. The more I look at it and mess with it the more I'm glad I got it. I'll let you guys know how the range trip goes tomorrow. I still can't get over how new this thing looks for being 10 years old.

Wondering if I made a bad choice?..-20190321_194853-1856-.jpgClick image for larger version.†

Name:	20190321_194853[1856].jpg†
Views:	129†
Size:	1.25 MB†
ID:	228486Wondering if I made a bad choice?..-20190321_195006-1857-.jpg
    cartobum likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've never bought a used gun before either, mainly for the reasons that you have mentioned. Three weeks ago I went to the LGS to buy a new Berretta 92F, but I looked at a used 3yr old HKP30L V3. It looked like it had only seen a couple of boxes of ammo. I already own an HKVP9 that I shoot very well. I wanted a DA/SA gun and I ended up buying the P30L. OMG what a great gun. I absolutely made the right decision. No regrets. Wow, those pics look great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd Amendment Soldier View Post
    I may have just bought the newest used 10 year old gun in the world lol. Heading to the range tomorrow.
    Yep, you may have. Pics look great. I stumbled across a bnib USPc .40 BE date code last month for $700 that I couldn't pass up. You did just as good, if not better. Congrats & enjoy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yep. The more I look at it and mess with it the more I'm glad I got it. I'll let you guys know how the range trip goes tomorrow. I still can't get over how new this thing looks for being 10 years old.
    Yes, that looks almost new. Sitting in a safe for 10 years makes no difference aside from oil and lube. You did remember to oil and lube it?:-)

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

Welcome to the site, and congratulations on the acquisition!!!

Tony

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Bought a NIB USP Compact 9mm, date code AE (2004) in 2012 for $650, outstanding sidearm! Did make a few mods to make it better. Spurred hammer, Trijicon Green night sights, HK45C mag release, converted to V9, DecalGrip.

We want pictures of yours! =)

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Been carrying my AE code USP Tactical (.45) for many years on duty, SWAT and otherwise. It's been in and out of some bad work related places and never once failed to go bang. It's on my hip now.

Still relevant and ready to go to work. Kinda like me. ;)

Your 10 year old choice will serve you well.
    Kost likes this.
    "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it." - Steve Prefontaine

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Went out to several LGS today looking for a CZ P01 Omega and could not find one. They are on roughly 6 month backorder according to the shops I spoke to. At the last LGS on my trip I came across a H&K 9mm USP Compact in the used case. It has a 2009 manufacture date code on it. I have been searching for a USPc in 9mm for sometime but have only been able to find.40 S&W and .45ACP. It seems the 9mm is very rare at least in my area. It is a Version 1 with single action/double action, decocker/thumb safety. I guess my concern is that this gun is already 10 years old. It was in perfect brand new condition though. There were absolutely zero marks on the barrel from racking/firing, the feed ramp had never had a round fed in to it, and the magazines looked brand new as if they had never been put in the pistols.

I paid $650 for the gun out the door. I guess what Iím wondering is did I get a good deal and what would you guys think about buying a 10 year old gun? I usually buy new because you never know what some armchair Rambo has tried to modify or mess with. If this gun had not looked as brand new as ir did I probably would have just left. Iím just paranoid and Iím looking for assurance I didnít make a bad buy. Is the HK lifetime warranty useable by someone that was not the original purchaser?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
    That's a damn good find!!! My P30L 9mm and P30sk 9mm ( both LEM ) both was used guns that i picked up... I might have overpaid for the P30L at the time lol but F-it !!! but the P30SK, i picked up with 4 mags, for under 450$ out the door.... and both of them have run flawless for me with a few thousand rounds thru them..

that being said, if the price is right and the gun looks good enough for me to buy.... buying it used isn't an issue

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links