Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Nice pistol!
    Tony2Guns likes this.
    HK - No Compromise

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

My cousin was there last year, some day I hope to visit too (no offense, nice place to visit but…).
    He said, handguns... IIRC more or less you need to be a shooting club member, have a lic, wait a 30-day cooling off, then you can have your pistol. You also need to qual every yr or lose your lic, on top of that LEO inspects your storage yearly too.
    So much for privacy/property/castle rights.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

very nice congrats!!!!
    Tony2Guns likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GasGuzz View Post
    My cousin was there last year, some day I hope to visit too (no offense, nice place to visit but…).
    He said, handguns... IIRC more or less you need to be a shooting club member, have a lic, wait a 30-day cooling off, then you can have your pistol. You also need to qual every yr or lose your lic, on top of that LEO inspects your storage yearly too.
    So much for privacy/property/castle rights.
    It varies from State to State. But yes everyone must join a pistol club and be licensed. All guns are registered of course. 30 days is an outside figure for approval times on buying a new gun. I had to wait 6 days for approval but another 4 for the paperwork to arrive in the mail; which is ridiculous since I already own several other 9mm pistols. But if they get backlogged sometimes it can go beyond 30 days. Everyone has to do a minimum of 6 shoots a year but some clubs require more. Don't meet the minimum and the club will expel you and the cops will seize your guns. With gun safes - the State I live in a cop came around and checked my safe after I first installed it and I've never had a visit since. All he did was try and pull if off the wall. It was about a 60 second visit.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony2Guns View Post
    [B][B]

Yep a bit of practice and most people can change mags very fast. The laws come from various people - some from the cops and some from the Government but mostly they have no idea what they are doing.

At one club I belonged to they let the cops practice there for free. One day the cops decided to shoot out all the electronic target control boxes and the lights for night shooting - which was thousands of dollars of damage. The cops were never allowed back again after that. I've seen cops do burn outs in their V8 Highway Patrol cars because they were bored. No one complains of course.....
    That's super wack :/
    I'd like to think that the vast majority of us here in the States wouldn't do something so stupid, but there's always going to be some...

It varies from State to State. But yes everyone must join a pistol club and be licensed. All guns are registered of course. 30 days is an outside figure for approval times on buying a new gun. I had to wait 6 days for approval but another 4 for the paperwork to arrive in the mail; which is ridiculous since I already own several other 9mm pistols. But if they get backlogged sometimes it can go beyond 30 days. Everyone has to do a minimum of 6 shoots a year but some clubs require more. Don't meet the minimum and the club will expel you and the cops will seize your guns. With gun safes - the State I live in a cop came around and checked my safe after I first installed it and I've never had a visit since. All he did was try and pull if off the wall. It was about a 60 second visit.
    I'm wondering what the benefit of having someone shoot 6 times a year is? To prove you're just an enthusiast, and not a murderer in wait?
    Everyone should have a safe, that seems *almost* reasonable.
    Overconfidence erodes vigilance.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Congrats on your first HK. Looks like you got a good one!
    Tony2Guns likes this.

JB1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Very nice pistol. Don't worry about the 10+1 rounds. If it makes you feel any better, I live in USA in a state where I could have whatever gun or magazine capacity that I wanted, and I'm running a couple VP9sk with 10 round mags. No interest in 13 or 15 round mags even for the range. I have great confidence in the gun and its 10+1 rounds.
    Tony2Guns likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan... View Post
    That's super wack :/
    I'd like to think that the vast majority of us here in the States wouldn't do something so stupid, but there's always going to be some...

I'm wondering what the benefit of having someone shoot 6 times a year is? To prove you're just an enthusiast, and not a murderer in wait?
    Everyone should have a safe, that seems *almost* reasonable.
    I've always had a safe since I first owned a gun. It does make sense.

The mandatory shoots always had me puzzled. Even if you choose not to buy any guns - some people just rent them (it's about $7 to $10) - you still have to do the minimum.

The other stupid "California" law we have here in my State is all ammo sales are recorded and you can only buy ammo for the calibers of guns you own. I ran out of 9mm at the range a few weeks ago and they would not sell me any because I didn't have the registration papers with me. Even though I had the pistol on the counter in front of them. So I purchased a thousand rounds somewhere else.

But I can drive across into the next State and buy whatever ammo I like. Just like the US I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JB1 View Post
    Very nice pistol. Don't worry about the 10+1 rounds. If it makes you feel any better, I live in USA in a state where I could have whatever gun or magazine capacity that I wanted, and I'm running a couple VP9sk with 10 round mags. No interest in 13 or 15 round mags even for the range. I have great confidence in the gun and its 10+1 rounds.
    We cannot carry a pistol legally here so it doesn't make much difference to me either. It's mostly muslim gangs and outlaw bikers carrying pistols here.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've always had a safe since I first owned a gun. It does make sense.

The mandatory shoots always had me puzzled. Even if you choose not to buy any guns - some people just rent them (it's about $7 to $10) - you still have to do the minimum.

The other stupid "California" law we have here in my State is all ammo sales are recorded and you can only buy ammo for the calibers of guns you own. I ran out of 9mm at the range a few weeks ago and they would not sell me any because I didn't have the registration papers with me. Even though I had the pistol on the counter in front of them. So I purchased a thousand rounds somewhere else.

But I can drive across into the next State and buy whatever ammo I like. Just like the US I guess.
    Yep, there are always ways to circumvent the rules, be it alcohol, drugs, guns, ammo, etc..

We cannot carry a pistol legally here so it doesn't make much difference to me either. It's mostly muslim gangs and outlaw bikers carrying pistols here.
    ^^ And that's also similar to many places here in the USA. Take Chicago or any other large diverse city for example, law abiding citizens have to jump through a million hoops to carry a pistol, with a limited amount of ammo, yet every gang banger on the corner has ready access to any full size pistol and extended magazine they want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links