Hk45 VS HK45C - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Hk45 VS HK45C

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Newtown92 View Post
    Leaning towards the 45c because of the 10rd mags. Would of been great if the HK45 had the ability of holding 12rds of 45 like the USP, but if it could hold 12rds would the the frame be as good? Probably not and the frame of the Hk45/p30 is one of the best feeling pistols out there, thing is basically a glove. Haven't held a 45c, is the grip better or worse than the Hk45/p30?
    it does, just buy the HKParts (or other vendor) mag extensions. I use the HKParts and TF +3 extensions, but only load 12. The HKParts extensions are my preference of the two types I have, but I'm told TF has a newer version (I've not used/tested/etc....) that addresses some of my concerns. I will say the quality of the TF extensions is increadible....
    HK91
    HK94
    USC/UMP
    SL8/G36
    P7M8
    P9s .45acp
    VP70Z
    USP Tactical .45acp
    V51/HK51 clone
    HK45
    HK45c
    HK 416 10.5" upper
    GSG5PK
    P30Ls
    HK45T (OD Green)
    VP9
    CR556A1
    P30SKs
    SP5K

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent04 View Post
    Have both, shoot both, and love 'em both, but love the HK45c a little better. Unlike the HK45, there is no trigger channel ridge at the bottom of the trigger guard, that rubs against the lower edge of my trigger finger when the trigger breaks. After about 150 rounds of fire, my trigger finger gets sore.
    The trigger trough has never been an issue with me. I know it really bothers some, but I've never even noticed it, and I've run my HK45 through week long training courses where we shot thousands of rounds individually. that said, there are gunsmiths who will remove the trough, or you can do it yourself. Based on what I've read/learned, you don't really know if the trough will bother you until you spend considerable time behind the trigger.
    WolfieRules likes this.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

both are great gats - may as well concede and buy both......
    Don't want to buy two 45's, if I do buy two might go with the HK45ct and a P30 in 9. Is the P2000 the same frame as the hk45c just smaller? If so might just go HK45 and P2000 357 if I can find it.[/QUOTE]

I've got a P30Ls in 9mm, great shooter. but my work/go to guns are .45acp.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

it does, just buy the HKParts (or other vendor) mag extensions. I use the HKParts and TF +3 extensions, but only load 12. The HKParts extensions are my preference of the two types I have, but I'm told TF has a newer version (I've not used/tested/etc....) that addresses some of my concerns. I will say the quality of the TF extensions is increadible....[/QUOTE]

Will you have to buy a longer spring or will the original work? Any reliability issues with the extensions?

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Will you have to buy a longer spring or will the original work? Any reliability issues with the extensions?
    Either way with the TF's, you can order a longer spring with the extension, or just the extension. with the HKParts, you just use the OEM spring.

I have run thousands of rounds through mine, I carry them on duty, I have never had a malfunction or failure to lock back with either brand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have both the HK45 and 45c. The grip is much better for me on the HK45. Love the finger grooves. I bought the tactical threaded barrel, and the raised Heinie sights and just love it. Picked up a couple of the 13 round mags for it shoots awesome.
    Kjax1911 likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Concerning the slippery grip of HK45c: Talon rubber grip applications are cheap, easy to apply, look great, and feel great . No more slip. I made my 2007 model a tactical and use an Obsidian 45 with it. Couldn’t be happier with this gun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hyno View Post
    HK45 for the grip alone. Both firearms are duty size handguns. Both share the same design. Same capacity. Same features. The full size variant however has an extremely ergonomic grip with superior texturing compared to the compact.
    Yessir, my thoughts exactly!
    HK45 tac
    USP45 tac
    USP9 tac
    USP9c
    USP40c
    USP45c
    VP9le x 2
    VP9 Long Slide
    P30LS 9 v3
    P30L .40 v3

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have the HK .45C, is a wonderful carry pistol an supper accurate, must be the O ring on the barrel, this gun is more accurate than some of my 1911s.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, if theres one thing ALL HKs display it is 1911 accuracy.
    USP/P30 likes this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links