Hk45 VS HK45C - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Hk45 VS HK45C

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have both and the HK45 has the better grip and might have just a tad less recoil but, if I could have only one, my choice would be the compact due to its versatility. It’s small enough to carry (I carry mine 90% of the time) and the extended mags give you the same capacity as the full size. If you were not planning to carry, it would be a more difficult decision but the desire to carry concealed puts the compact over the top.
    WolfieRules likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent04 View Post
    Have both, shoot both, and love 'em both, but love the HK45c a little better. Unlike the HK45, there is no trigger channel ridge at the bottom of the trigger guard, that rubs against the lower edge of my trigger finger when the trigger breaks. After about 150 rounds of fire, my trigger finger gets sore.
    I also have both and this is a perfect assessment!👍🏻

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I have both (German made 2016 examples) and both are great shooters - I am a smaller framed guy so the only difference for me is I don't carry the HK45 fullsize, its just too big for me to be comfortable - the 45C is the same size as my Glock 19 and perfectly comfortable to carry (recommend swapping for flat floorplates on the 8 round mags)
    WolfieRules likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

If I could only have one or the other, for maximum flexibility, I'd go with 45C. Both are silly reliable and accurate, get both if possible. I have a few of each.
    VP9 - all 4 of them :-)
    VP9SK
    P30SK v3
    HK45 V1 German Made
    HK45 V7 US built
    HK45 V1 US built
    HK45C V7 OD
    HK 45C V1 German Made
    P30 v3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Both...
    PorterM and WolfieRules like this.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Newtown92 View Post
    Leaning towards the 45c because of the 10rd mags. Would of been great if the HK45 had the ability of holding 12rds of 45 like the USP, but if it could hold 12rds would the the frame be as good? Probably not and the frame of the Hk45/p30 is one of the best feeling pistols out there, thing is basically a glove. Haven't held a 45c, is the grip better or worse than the Hk45/p30?
    The grip for the P30 VPs and HK45 is the best and I would say I like the P30 over the others. But the HK45c or t is nice also I will at some point send it out to have that taken care of. I know I shouldn't say it but the S&W 2.0 grip is my best of the best lol the gun just don't move when you shoot it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfieRules View Post
    If I could only have one or the other, for maximum flexibility, I'd go with 45C. Both are silly reliable and accurate, get both if possible. I have a few of each.
    Agreed, can’t beat the 45c.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The USP's are all around better designed guns. I've been using them for years without any issues. On the other hand I recently bought a HK 45 and on the very first mag the hammer was following the slide back down. I contacted HK and sent it back, received it back and the problem was not fixed. This happened 3 times. The third time I didn't even leave my office as it was doing it during dry fire. I actually made a quick video and sent it to HK and they replaced the gun. I left the gun at the dealer and put it toward something else. Maybe I just got a lemon, but I wouldn't part with real money for another one any time soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EXOPT1 View Post
    The USP's are all around better designed guns. I've been using them for years without any issues. On the other hand I recently bought a HK 45 and on the very first mag the hammer was following the slide back down. I contacted HK and sent it back, received it back and the problem was not fixed. This happened 3 times. The third time I didn't even leave my office as it was doing it during dry fire. I actually made a quick video and sent it to HK and they replaced the gun. I left the gun at the dealer and put it toward something else. Maybe I just got a lemon, but I wouldn't part with real money for another one any time soon.
    That is all very suspect, I'm assuming the gun was new in the box when you purchased it? Did you handle the weapon before purchasing it? This is something I would have easily caught in the store before purchasing the gun so that's why I asked, if you purchased it online I would be questioning the seller. It is mechanically impossible for the HK45 to do this in the stock factory condition. I will add since you brought up the USP being a better gun, the HK45 internals are virtually identical to the USP, to the point that they can use the same springs and LEM conversion kits.
    Last edited by PorterM; 03-29-2019 at 06:18 PM.
    WolfieRules and sabre675 like this.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bought this for my wife a few years back. It has the LEM and she is just as accurate with this as she was with her 9mm Beretta 92F. For me, the size isn’t that much different so why not get the bigger gun thus higher round capacity

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    PorterM and WolfieRules like this.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links