Hk45 VS HK45C - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Hk45 VS HK45C

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I carry with the 8 round mag and 2-10 round mags in a carrier.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I have many of each and quite honestly like each equally for different reasons. I use my HK45 on Duty and use my HK45c as a back up on Duty and as my primary CCW while off duty.

The HK45 I prefer to carry with a 5/6 detent so that I can carry it cocked and locked, single action and ride the thumb safety as I initially viewed the platform as an improvement to my beloved 1911 and a crossover of sorts, between the 1911 and the Glocks I had carried the majority of my career. However I would probably enjoy the pistol just as much with a LEM and to be honest is probably the variant that has the most merit. Great trigger for a polymer pistol, bomb proof, great ergos and shoots one ragged hole.

The HK45C I believe is more applicable to most end users. It is a bit of a jack of all trades gun. It has the natural footprint of a G19. I think the ergos are still excellent. I put talons on mine. You can run the pistol with elephant foot mags as more of a full size pistol config or you can run flat plates as more of a compact. I do not like having a thumb safety on these and wouldn't carry one without it being converted to LEM. LEM is a great trigger and also further minimizes the footprint of the platform with a bobbed hammer and removal of the safety. Again, bombproof, great trigger, great ergos and shoots one ragged hole.

My HK45C gets double the carry time my HK45 gets, but I shoot the Compact the least. I slightly favor the HK45 compared to the HK45C. I shoot them both very well with a slight edge going to the HK45. The only thing I preference is putting a 10-8 front and rear on both platforms.

In the end, I wouldn't want to live without either. I know that in the world of HK pistols it seems that people are either HK45 or USP 45 dominant. As recently picking up a USP 45 I can see why. But while I've no intention of ridding myself of my USP and will be adding more USP's to the stable, I still preference the HK45's to the USP. Both however are equally awesome in their own ways. Buy, buy, buy..... You only die once.
    Last edited by sabre675; 04-19-2019 at 02:01 PM.
    HK45T OD V5/6
    HK45T OD W/Standard Barrel V5/6
    HK45T Black German V5/6
    HK45 Lipseys x Dos V5/6
    HK45c HKPro Edition RAL8000
    HK45c Black V7
    HK45c OD Green X Dos V7
    HK45c Baby Poo RAL8000 V7
    HK45 RAL8000 V5/6
    P30L V1
    P30SK V1
    USP .45 V5/6

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by douglasjboehme View Post
    For those that CC their HK45c, do you use the tactical mags or the 8 round mags?
    Both depending on dress.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EXOPT1 View Post
    The USP's are all around better designed guns. I've been using them for years without any issues. On the other hand I recently bought a HK 45 and on the very first mag the hammer was following the slide back down. I contacted HK and sent it back, received it back and the problem was not fixed. This happened 3 times. The third time I didn't even leave my office as it was doing it during dry fire. I actually made a quick video and sent it to HK and they replaced the gun. I left the gun at the dealer and put it toward something else. Maybe I just got a lemon, but I wouldn't part with real money for another one any time soon.
    All around better design? I've been into both pistols and they're 90%+ the same. The recoil spring is the only major difference between the two as far as I can tell. The HK45 series is essentially a slimmed down USP to make the pistol more broadly accepted by people with small hands. I think the both the USP series and HK45 series feel good in my hands and I have medium sized hands...
    WolfieRules and PorterM like this.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The 45C is probably the greatest pistol I've ever owned, and I've owned a lot of them.

I only had one problem with it, and that was the grip. I never found a way to keep it sticking to my hands, I always felt it was slippery. So I took a pretty big risk and sent it to a very skilled stippler (who never did a 45C before), we made a plan, and this was the result. The gun stuck to my hand exactly the way I wanted it to and still maintained a relatively smooth feel while I was carrying it:

Sadly I had an ill family member whom I had to pay medical bills for and I had to sell a lot of my guns at the time, this was one of them. I am still looking for this gun which is making rounds in So. California, if you are out there, I would like to buy my gun back please :)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hk45 VS HK45C-rfg-hk45-c-1.png  
    sabre675, PorterM and WolfieRules like this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sabre675 View Post
    All around better design? I've been into both pistols and they're 90%+ the same. The recoil spring is the only major difference between the two as far as I can tell. The HK45 series is essentially a slimmed down USP to make the pistol more broadly accepted by people with small hands. I think the both the USP series and HK45 series feel good in my hands and I have medium sized hands...
    Thats rough man, hope you get your baby back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I opted for the HK45, ordered the grip and It’s a home gun only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PorterM likes this.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Sponsored Links