HELP! Cracked frame on a USP .45c Stainless - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: HELP! Cracked frame on a USP .45c Stainless

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

+1 for getting a refund, or at least a partial refund to cover the cost of the repair/frame replacement.

If you end up keeping it, hit up Tom Bostic of Tommy Built Tactical to see how much he would charge to repair that. He's fixed far worse, and it will look near perfect if not perfect when finished.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GreenDragon11 View Post

My only concern then is being able to find another stainless compact in .45 that someone isn't asking $900 for. I read around that since they aren't made anymore that the value jumped a bit. If I'm wrong please correct me, but what would be a good price on a USP 45c stainless like the one I got in used condition? This was gonna be my new carry gun until the crack became apparent...
    See the stainless from $550-$750 depending on condition. Believe they are no longer being made but don't let that scare you into paying $900 for one, there are plenty of them out there. Search on the "For Sale" section to get an estimated value of what they are going for, you'll maybe end up finding one.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Newtown92 View Post
    See the stainless from $550-$750 depending on condition. Believe they are no longer being made but don't let that scare you into paying $900 for one, there are plenty of them out there. Search on the "For Sale" section to get an estimated value of what they are going for, you'll maybe end up finding one.
    HK released a fairly recent batch of them a couple of years ago. CDNN was selling them for pretty cheap, I got mine brand new from them for $700, BF datecode in 2017.

Honestly, it's my least favorite HK to shoot, and I would have gotten rid of it a long time ago, if it weren't for the stainless slide. The stainless finish HK has on these guns is just plain beautiful, and it's the only reason why I still have it.

Check all the typical used gun sites (Gunbroker, Armslist, Guns America, here, etc.) regularly, and be patient. And perhaps find a non stainless as a shooter gun in the mean time, since it seems like you might want the stainless finish to stay shiny.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Get a REFUND ASAP! I wouldnt accept a damaged receiver, find a better one next time , best to find one locally so you can inspect it.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Full refund. No exceptions. You have a good case. But be prepared to shell out more dollar$ for a .45 stainless. Sellers want a premium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GreenDragon11 View Post
    My only concern then is being able to find another stainless compact in .45 that someone isn't asking $900 for. I read around that since they aren't made anymore that the value jumped a bit. If I'm wrong please correct me, but what would be a good price on a USP 45c stainless like the one I got in used condition? This was gonna be my new carry gun until the crack became apparent...
    Get a refund immediately.

The compact 45 is the most common stainless USP available next to the compact 40.

Be patient. Keep looking for the right deal.
    Mark 23
    USP 45
    USP Compact 9

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I would file a GB complaint and demand a full refund including shipping and all other fees, that's totally unacceptable, as the seller was obviously trying to hide the damage, even worse they didn't disclose it...SHAME on them!
    Last edited by Kost; 03-26-2019 at 12:55 PM.
    mew likes this.
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rbuzz View Post
    It sounds like the seller was trying to pull a fast one by covering up the cracked frame with rubber slide on grip. With all of the extensive damage to the frame shown in your pictures, I don't see any way at all the seller could have missed it. In any case, the defect should have been mentioned in the ad. If it were me, I wouldn't let him get away with selling a defective gun. I would get my money back and look elsewhere.
    This^^^^^^^^^ Seller tried to pull a fast one on you, that alone telks you all you need to know..get a refund, let the seller worry about fixing it, and move on. It may take some time, but I'm sure another one will come up for sale..

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I would return for refund without hesitation!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

a gun show vendor tried the same thing with me with a West German P38 , the slide was cracked, but he tried to hide it with a price sticker, then when I pointed it out he played dumb like he didnt know anything about it, you have to be extra careful buying used at shows, thats where people try to get rid of messed up guns and dont tell you about it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links