HELP! Cracked frame on a USP .45c Stainless - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: HELP! Cracked frame on a USP .45c Stainless

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GreenDragon11 View Post
    The seller was a pawn shop, and they claim they didn't notice it when they took in the gun. Not sure if I believe them or not.
    You’re aware of a pawn shop business model, correct?
    It probably came without a grip sleeve with the damage disclosed/obvious and then, ‘Let’s slip on a grip and sell for it $600, it’ll sell quickly’.
    I’d return it for a full refund (if not just for their dishonesty), and wait another day. Even if you paid $900 for one, your life is well worth it.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)

Return + refund (including shipping both ways)!!!

Tony

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I would return it and get your money back. That crack or non matching serial number would bother me every time I picked up the pistol.

Send it down the road.
    HK - No Compromise

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by omega hkpro View Post
    a gun show vendor tried the same thing with me with a West German P38 , the slide was cracked, but he tried to hide it with a price sticker, then when I pointed it out he played dumb like he didnt know anything about it, you have to be extra careful buying used at shows, thats where people try to get rid of messed up guns and dont tell you about it.
    That's why I avoid gun shows..There was a time when one could find some real bargins at a show..But, not anymore

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I checked the ad on GunStroker and I think you were defrauded for sure. Not any up close pictures of the damaged area.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll be the odd guy out here. if you bought it to use and carry, I would see if the seller would cover a frame replacement. On a carry gun I wouldn't care if numbers didn't match, if you have to use it then you're going to lose it for a long time anyways. Plus you have a brand new frame.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelV View Post
    I'll be the odd guy out here. if you bought it to use and carry, I would see if the seller would cover a frame replacement. On a carry gun I wouldn't care if numbers didn't match, if you have to use it then you're going to lose it for a long time anyways. Plus you have a brand new frame.
    Or you'll lose it forever. You raised a really good point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelV View Post
    Valid point! If seller reimbursed or offer partial refund for the cost of a new Frame, you get two frames and the beautiful slide.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ralphhh View Post
    That's why I avoid gun shows..There was a time when one could find some real bargins at a show..But, not anymore
    I disagree. I've bought 3 HKs at gunshows at bargain prices, and all 3 were in excellent condition (barely fired). Luck? Surely, but I was long prepared when I spotted them. And before buying, I told the seller I had to dry-fire, field strip, and do a good visual inspection of everything or no deal. No problems at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent04 View Post
    I disagree. I've bought 3 HKs at gunshows at bargain prices, and all 3 were in excellent condition (barely fired). Luck? Surely, but I was long prepared when I spotted them. And before buying, I told the seller I had to dry-fire, field strip, and do a good visual inspection of everything or no deal. No problems at all.
    Well, good for you..The last gun show I was at everything was either way overpriced, or priced the same as the LGS's I frequent..so, bacically you got lucky.. IMO, one can get better deals elsewhere, besides a gun show.. The only thing gunshows are really good for, is the dumping off of unwanted items, one can usually find a buyer.. I sold off a few milsurp rifles that way, Once I sold a M48 Yugo Mauser, probably within 30 seconds of walking through the door, guy saw me with it as I was wakilng in, and asked how much, I told him, and told him the bore had some pits, he looked, said it was the best one he'd seen that day, and pulled out the cash.. I took a quick look around, and was on my way home in about 15 minutes... I get a little chuckle everytime I think about that...
    Last edited by ralphhh; 03-27-2019 at 02:47 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links