HELP! Cracked frame on a USP .45c Stainless
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: HELP! Cracked frame on a USP .45c Stainless

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default HELP! Cracked frame on a USP .45c Stainless

Long story short - I bought a used AD-code USP .45c with Stainless slide off GB for $600. The gun in the photo happened to have a rubber slide-on grip that covered part of the mag-well.

The gun showed up at my FFL, looked good, but when I brought it home and took the rubber grip off I discovered its got a crack on the front strap right at the mag-well! Its got a 1cm long crack on one side and a hairline crack forming on the other. It looks like someone tried to slam a mag in wayyyy to hard.
    I told the GB dealer about it and they will be contacting me to amend the issue. But I already called HK customer service and they said it would be $200 with shipping for a new frame, and that the serial wouldn't be matching to the gun.

I'm no HK expert, but I really like the gun and only discovered today that they don't even make the SS models anymore. Is there anyway to fix this aside from getting a new frame and ruining part of the value? Can it be epoxied or <gasp> melted back together by a gunsmith?

I think the GB dealer will just offer a return+refund but I'm hoping to get a partial refund so I can have it fixed.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I'm no appraiser, but I'm guessing a broken frame that was haphazardly glued together isn't worth anymore than a brand new one with a non matching serial number.

Personally, if the gun was a personal item of the seller, I'd send it back and search for another gun. Stainless USPs aren't THAT hard to find, and chances are, if it were the seller's personal gun, it suggests a lack of moral integrity, or at the very least, an abundance of obliviousness. Who knows what else they could have messed up on the gun?
    ca survivor likes this.

Banned

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I would just glue it, it's not really a essential part of the firearm and will continue to function. Sounds like you got good deal on it.... to bad you can't just jetfunnel it

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    I'm no appraiser, but I'm guessing a broken frame that was haphazardly glued together isn't worth anymore than a brand new one with a non matching serial number.

Personally, if the gun was a personal item of the seller, I'd send it back and search for another gun. Stainless USPs aren't THAT hard to find, and chances are, if it were the seller's personal gun, it suggests a lack of moral integrity, or at the very least, an abundance of obliviousness. Who knows what else they could have messed up on the gun?
    Like he said stainless usp's aren't that hard to find, they aren't as common but there are plenty of them out there. Would try and get my money back and wait for another to show up.
    Last edited by Newtown92; 03-25-2019 at 11:39 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It sounds like the seller was trying to pull a fast one by covering up the cracked frame with rubber slide on grip. With all of the extensive damage to the frame shown in your pictures, I don't see any way at all the seller could have missed it. In any case, the defect should have been mentioned in the ad. If it were me, I wouldn't let him get away with selling a defective gun. I would get my money back and look elsewhere.
    Last edited by rbuzz; 03-25-2019 at 11:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, I'd ask for a refund any wait for another.
    mmissile likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What kind of help are you looking for exactly?

I mean your options are pretty clear.

Were it me and I planned to actually use the gun, I’d take the $200 and consider I got a good deal on a gun. Then I’d shoot the snot out of it. It wouldn’t be terribly hard to fill the crack with Devcon which is probably stronger than the original plastic. I’ve fixed Glocks dudes burned holes in trying to stippled themselves with Devcon and then drug surrounding plastic over it to match.

If you bought the gun to show to friends at a bbq and to sit around and look at, get your money back and get a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Send it back and get a refund. Who knows what else was abused on that. I also think sellers who post polymer guns on GB with rubber grip covers are hiding sh!t.
    mmissile likes this.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Seems like I should just send it back. I went through the rest of the gun and it looks fine but I'm worried the frame is compromised also.

The seller was a pawn shop, and they claim they didn't notice it when they took in the gun. Not sure if I believe them or not.

My only concern then is being able to find another stainless compact in .45 that someone isn't asking $900 for. I read around that since they aren't made anymore that the value jumped a bit. If I'm wrong please correct me, but what would be a good price on a USP 45c stainless like the one I got in used condition? This was gonna be my new carry gun until the crack became apparent...

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I would be rather pissed that the seller didn’t disclose that damage in the first place. Send it back and get a refund.
    Wilmersdorfer and mmissile like this.
    45c Full OD
    45c
    P30s
    USP Compact Tactical .45
    USP Tactical 9mm
    USP Tactical 45 Tan
    USP Tactical 45 OD #25-100000
    USP Custom Combat OD
    USP Custom Combat Tan
    VP9 Tactical

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast