Possible to convert .40 P30 to 9mm...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Possible to convert .40 P30 to 9mm...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Possible to convert .40 P30 to 9mm...

By just swapping barrel, recoil spring and magazine? No need to swap extractor or anything else?

I searched site but did not find answer.

Thanks!

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)

You cannot just simple swap barrel and parts. The .40 slide is cut out for a larger barrel and while you might be able to just put a 9mm barrel in it, there will be play. You need to buy a conversion barrel, or swap the whole complete slide.
    Kost likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Sell your. 40sw, and buy the 9mm version, like TooSixy said, you DO need an entire 9mm top end including the slide, by time you do that, providing you can actually locate it, you'll be into it for $700+, I'm not exaggerating.
    WolfieRules likes this.
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the info friends!

I like my .40 but am thinking of 9mm for wife to shoot. Makes sense to add one to the collection!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I quickly looked once and I could not find any conversion barrels. Apparently someone made them years ago, but I don't remember what model. You
    are asking for just a barrel basically, right? Example is glock, you can buy a 40cal glock and just buy a special conversion barrel for like $100 and shoot 9mm.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cc561 View Post
    I quickly looked once and I could not find any conversion barrels. Apparently someone made them years ago, but I don't remember what model. You
    are asking for just a barrel basically, right? Example is glock, you can buy a 40cal glock and just buy a special conversion barrel for like $100 and shoot 9mm.
    Might be able to get away with that in cheap glocks, not in an HK. Breech face dimensions are different between these two calibers.

HK Factory conversion kits consist of entire top ends, including the slide
    Last edited by Kost; 03-29-2019 at 05:50 PM.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

^ ^ ^ +1.
    Unlike Sig/Glock, HK sanctioned cal conversions/barrel-swaps are essentially 40sw/357sig.
    HK's first is go-bang every time. They don’t care (and hate) what others think/do.
    Kost likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My EFK conversion barrel arrived about a month ago, after 3-ish months of waiting.
    https://efkfiredragon.com/heckler-and-koch1.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

MasterJP, what you showed is what I was talking about. I didn't know they made them. Like I said I did a search years ago, ended up just getting a 9mm gun. Under $200 and you can shoot 9mm out of your 40cal, seems like a good deal for a range toy. I would not currently trust it for a CCW gun, MAYBE if I had put thousands of rounds through it. Back to price though, sub $200 and you have a barrel/9mm magazine and cheaper ammo.... win - win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

MasterJP, what you showed is what I was talking about. I didn't know they made them. Like I said I did a search years ago, ended up just getting a 9mm gun. Under $200 and you can shoot 9mm out of your 40cal, seems like a good deal for a range toy. I would not currently trust it for a CCW gun, MAYBE if I had put thousands of rounds through it. Back to price though, sub $200 and you have a barrel/9mm magazine and cheaper ammo.... win - win.
    I believe the recoil spring on the P30 in .40 is too strong for 9mm; you may have to one for the caliber or shoot hotter ammo.
    For USP though it works like a charm.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links