Why Is The D/A Pull On My P2000 So Much Smoother Than The D/A On My USPc?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Why Is The D/A Pull On My P2000 So Much Smoother Than The D/A On My USPc?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Why Is The D/A Pull On My P2000 So Much Smoother Than The D/A On My USPc?

The trigger pull on my P2000 is as smooth as silk in D/A. It is the S/A-D/A version. I would not want a better S/A-D/A than this gun has. I had a H&K armooer install a spurred hammer on my USPc and convert it to condition 3 with a decoking lever. When I sent him the parts I told him the D/A was real rough. He said he would work on it. While the D/A is okay, it is not even close to being as smooth as the D/A on the P2000. Would dry firing the USPc help or is the D/A always smoother on the P2000? I really like the USPc but wish the D/A was smoother. They are both 9MM. They are the best 9MM handguns I have ever owned!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have experienced this as well but I have no idea why it is. I dry fired a P2000 (as well as a P2000sk, P30, and P30sk) last weekend and found them all to have smoother DA trigger pulls than both of my usp compacts. I can’t judge whether the pulls are lighter but they were definitely smoother.

If the usp is the older design (as compared to P series or others), with different internals then maybe that contributes to the pull.

The Match trigger kit helps with the usp compacts.
    Last edited by Casi1; 03-28-2019 at 04:14 PM.
    Tuco45 likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

USP pistols had updates internally.....???
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it.
    You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good.
    Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy.
    Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

"If you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat" Ronald Reagan

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mmissile View Post
    USP pistols
    had updates internally.....???
    I don’t know ... but I wouldn’t think so. If it was a tried and true design from decades ago why would HK change it. Maybe someone else can confirm.

I would have expected that other designs/ models that came after the USP might have improved internals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OP, you aren't alone. I've owned 3 USP's and 3 p2000's over the years and that has been my experience. It's one of the reasons why I stick to only the p2000.
    Tuco45 likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I only had experience with the light LEM on the USPC and I actually loved it so can't really comment on the DA/SA part of it but I agree that the P2000/SK DA/SA factory is nice. Have you tried to send it to HK or @Marine0303 for a quick inspection? second opinion and all that.
    Marine0303 likes this.

Teufelshund Tactical
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuco45 View Post
    The trigger pull on my P2000 is as smooth as silk in D/A. It is the S/A-D/A version. I would not want a better S/A-D/A than this gun has. I had a H&K armooer install a spurred hammer on my USPc and convert it to condition 3 with a decoking lever. When I sent him the parts I told him the D/A was real rough. He said he would work on it. While the D/A is okay, it is not even close to being as smooth as the D/A on the P2000. Would dry firing the USPc help or is the D/A always smoother on the P2000? I really like the USPc but wish the D/A was smoother. They are both 9MM. They are the best 9MM handguns I have ever owned!
    I would assume that there is some sort of friction going on, if you are having an issue. I would want more detail when you say "rough".
    SF,

James

Heckler and Koch Certified Armorer (Heckler and Koch)
    Heckler and Koch Pistol, Submachine Gun and Rifle Instructor (Singleton International)

Owner, Teufelshund Tactical

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

My KD unit, wouldn't accept a Match Trigger.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Casi1 View Post
    The Match trigger kit helps with the usp compacts.
    Since when? Is that your own experience or were you just making a guess?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I would send it to Marine and have him suss it out perhaps...you know, a certified HK armorer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links