Vp9L is growing on me.... - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Vp9L is growing on me....

  1. #21
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Kjax1911's Avatar
    Join Date : Jun 2017
    Location : PA
    Posts : 39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WolfieRules View Post
    I haven't videoed mine, however since round one was accurate and slightly softer and flatter than regular VP9. Mine hits where it is pointed.
    .

    My experience also!
    HK45 tac
    USP45 tac
    USP9 tac
    USP9c
    USP40c
    USP45c
    VP9le x 2
    VP9 Long Slide
    P30LS 9 v3
    P30L .40 v3

  2. #22
    GJM
    GJM is online now
    Very Senior Member

    Join Date : Nov 2008
    Posts : 214
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JonFrost View Post
    Do you have a video you could share of that? I feel like they shoot about the same for me, but I often feel like a smaller gun like the p30 or p229 shoot flatter for me than the p30L or 226. I have pretty big hands and I think I control a smaller pistol better.
    JonFrost and Kjax1911 like this.

  3. #23
    Senior Member

    Join Date : Feb 2018
    Posts : 183
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default Vp9L is growing on me....

    Thatís strange. Considering they share a spring and mass is identical. It must be a balance thing.


    Iíve been more accurate with my VP9L thus far. Iíve only put around 600 rounds down it though. Iím a production shooter so itís only for CCW and range fun right now.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

  5. #24
    GJM
    GJM is online now
    Very Senior Member

    Join Date : Nov 2008
    Posts : 214
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redpillregret View Post
    That’s strange. Considering they share a spring and mass is identical. It must be a balance thing.


    I’ve been more accurate with my VP9L thus far. I’ve only put around 600 rounds down it though. I’m a production shooter so it’s only for CCW and range fun right now.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    While the movement shows on slow motion video, I really like how the L shoots, and am planning to shoot it at a two day steel match this weekend. With Glocks, I found the 19 length slide with an optic cycles flatter for me, but despite that, I always did better in matches with a 34 in CO.

  6. #25
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Oct 2018
    Posts : 33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redpillregret View Post
    That’s strange. Considering they share a spring and mass is identical. It must be a balance thing.
    The same round travels faster and with more muzzle energy out of a 5" barrel than it does out of a 3" or 4" barrel. So more of the energy is transferred to the projectile. That energy is coming from somewhere, so there should be a reduction elsewhere. But that's just a quick look from what I learned in my physics class. Physics wasn't my major. Could be other things at work here too.

  7. #26
    Senior Member

    Join Date : Feb 2018
    Posts : 183
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    By the same token, longer barrels let you load down and retain the same velocity as a shorter barrel.

    How much is to be gained? Thatís the question. Iíve had two identical barrels and one shoots 50 FPS more. You just never know.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #27
    PC7
    PC7 is offline
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    PC7's Avatar
    Join Date : Dec 2008
    Location : Tennessee
    Posts : 1,421
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Really enjoy shooting my VP9L and have iron sights and one direct milled with a DP Pro. I had my wife do slow motion video of the VP9 and 9L, and interestingly the 9L muzzle did a lot more moving at the end of the recoil cycle.
    Interesting video GJM, thanks for sharing.

    It would be interesting to see some drill times (Bill Drill, FAST) compared between the two.
    Accuracy testing, freehand, at 25 and 50 yards would be in order as well, for a truly far comparison.
    Last edited by PC7; 04-04-2019 at 10:45 PM.

  9. #28
    GJM
    GJM is online now
    Very Senior Member

    Join Date : Nov 2008
    Posts : 214
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PC7 View Post
    Interesting video GJM, thanks for sharing.

    It would be interesting to see some drill times (Bill Drill, FAST) compared between the two.
    Accuracy testing, freehand, at 25 and 50 yards would be in order as well, for a truly far comparison.
    There was a time I would have been keen on doing that testing, but these days I am very focused on improving my software skills and not so interested in diverting training effort to subtle hardware comparisons. Especially since as a practical matter, for the foreseeable future I need to shoot the VP9 in Carry Optics, since the L isnít legal yet. This weekend is an opportunity to shoot the L in a two day steel match, so I will take advantage of that opportunity. I can say that I crushed a PR with the L yesterday, in shooting all six runs of the Garcia dot drill clean, and then for good measure shooting four more dots clean, for a total of ten. Candidly, I canít say how much of that was the L and how much some very specific dry and live fire training I did this week and last. Something that jumps out in the hardware area, and seems way bigger than any difference between the regular VP9 and L is the Crazy Wolf trigger and trigger job Rick did. That brought the pull from just over five pounds to just over three pounds, while maintaining wonderful trigger feel in addition to the weight reduction.

  10. #29
    Member

    Join Date : Feb 2017
    Posts : 64
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    There was a time I would have been keen on doing that testing, but these days I am very focused on improving my software skills and not so interested in diverting training effort to subtle hardware comparisons. Especially since as a practical matter, for the foreseeable future I need to shoot the VP9 in Carry Optics, since the L isnít legal yet. This weekend is an opportunity to shoot the L in a two day steel match, so I will take advantage of that opportunity. I can say that I crushed a PR with the L yesterday, in shooting all six runs of the Garcia dot drill clean, and then for good measure shooting four more dots clean, for a total of ten. Candidly, I canít say how much of that was the L and how much some very specific dry and live fire training I did this week and last. Something that jumps out in the hardware area, and seems way bigger than any difference between the regular VP9 and L is the Crazy Wolf trigger and trigger job Rick did. That brought the pull from just over five pounds to just over three pounds, while maintaining wonderful trigger feel in addition to the weight reduction.
    Nice job on the Garcia dots! Did you do it with the Optic equipped Long slide?

    I am seriously considering mounting a RDS on my gat......
    Last edited by gomerpyle; 04-05-2019 at 05:49 PM.

  11. #30
    Junior Member
    Admiral's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Location : Pepper Pike, Ohio
    Posts : 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I agree with GJM, My p30 moves around less than my P30L. Also my VP40 and VP9 do as well. I also shoot all of those and my HK45 more accurately than I can shoot my P30L.
    Go figure...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts