The USP Experts... - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: The USP Experts...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by landseer View Post
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/806412850. Here is an auction for a 9mm expert with jet funnel and 18 round magazines. If I were you, I would get the 9mm expert pistol. You can find some for $1100-1300. You can also order the conversion kit, but for 300 more, I would rather have the pistol. The only reason I have a 9mm conversion kit for my elite is that you can not find any 9mm elites for under 2 grande, or at least I have not. Happy shooting, as the experts are awesome!!
    Thanks for the recommendation (and link)!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bren View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Casi1 View Post
    Interesting. I held one at the range and it was too big for me.

Besides that though, I didn’t care for the separate safety and decock levers.

Its a sexy gun but just not for this chick.
    It's definitely a gun for people with bigger hands, so I totally get the issue there. I'm a guy with pretty large hands, so it was more comfortable for me. I agree in that I didn't like the separate levers on mine, either. I also didn't care for the sights that came on it. What I also thought was weird is the double action on the Mark 23 was horrendously heavy, like one of the worst trigger pulls I've ever felt. But the single action was amazing: it was insanely smooth and crisp, with absolutely no grit at all in the travel and it pulled at around 3.5lb on mine. After having one, though, I don't get the obsession with them. They're cool, they're built like tanks, but they're just huge and unnecessary, IMO, and I don't see the point in paying $1,000 more for one over a USP Tactical.

Again, I've had them all and the .45 Expert was my favorite. Perfect size, perfect weight, great sights, great trigger, and exceptional accuracy. If you're happy with your 45 Expert that, IMO, is the perfect USP in the lineup. The Elite is cool too, but I can't get past that shark nose on the front of it.
    That shark/dolphin nose on the Elite killed the whole thing for me. I kept telling myself ‘it won’t look so crazy once the weight is on it’. But alas, I couldn’t get over it’s looks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I bought an HK Expert in 9mm last year. I converted it to a V7 Match/Hybrid trigger, and began to shoot the hell out of it. Then added a Trijicon RDS and kept going for another 2000 rounds. Decided I liked it so much, I bought a second one as it was a target of opportunity, and the price was right. The only other pistol I shoot now is an HK USPC 9mm V7 and just to remain proficient. Not sure there is a better pistol on planet earth for the money. The USP Experts...-p1010451.jpg
    JonFrost, Kost and SilverBelly62 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kilmore View Post
    I bought an HK Expert in 9mm last year. I converted it to a V7 Match/Hybrid trigger, and began to shoot the hell out of it. Then added a Trijicon RDS and kept going for another 2000 rounds. Decided I liked it so much, I bought a second one as it was a target of opportunity, and the price was right. The only other pistol I shoot now is an HK USPC 9mm V7 and just to remain proficient. Not sure there is a better pistol on planet earth for the money. Click image for larger version.†

Name:	P1010451.JPG†
Views:	45†
Size:	1.00 MB†
ID:	229850
    Totally agree. I’ve got the Expert .45 for a target/ backup home defense gun and I carry my USPc .40. I like that it’s the same platform so there’s zero potential confusion in a stressful situation.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    Get all 3 and you will never look back.

Beautiful Trio TooSixy!

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    TooSixy likes this.
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Totally agree. I’ve got the Expert .45 for a target/ backup home defense gun and I carry my USPc .40. I like that it’s the same platform so there’s zero potential confusion in a stressful situation.
    I was EDC a Glock 43 but found that changing platforms slightly diminished my ability to draw and fire with the same consistent results, and agree using a weapon with the same grip index for target/practice and self defense applications improves ones response and accuracy. But then again, I am old and decrepit, and need all the help I can get. SFC Ronald "Kilmore" Moore.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Thanks! I just ordered a set of the Pachmayrs for large pistols. If those are too big then I will try the mediums.

Now Iím just waiting for the new grip sleeves, new front sight, and some .45 Ammo.

Now that my USP compacts have been modified to my liking (I do wish I could have one of those little ledges carved into the gun for my support thumb ... but thatís a pipe dream), Iím moving on to setting up the Expert. Iíve decided to go the 9 mm Expert conversion route so that will be the next project.

Will LOVE the pachmayr!
    No. Palm swell, and fit way better than the hogue ones!

Enjoy!

Follow directions, use a little windex, and slowly, push them up a few mm at a time, til there where u want them.
    It takes time, and well worth the time and sore thumbs!
    FAMILY, faithfulness, compassion, honesty, empathy, trust, hockey, single malt Scotch 21+, Heavy Metal music, German, Irish, Belgian, English bier, what else is there...?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Sponsored Links