HKPRO Forums banner

The USP Experts...

5K views 46 replies 18 participants last post by  ARCTICDETH 
#1 ·
Does anybody know if Experts are still available in 9mm and/or .40 S&W? I see .45 acp EVERYWHERE.

I was a total wuss about shooting the .45 Expert. The gun is big for my hands (mostly in the grip area). So I got a weight for it, some .185 grain Ammo, and headed to the range this morning. See photos attached for results at 10 yards.

The Expert is making me think I’m a better shooter than I really am!

I just need to get a good front sight for it.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
I just bought a USP 9mm expert about a month and a half ago, brand new at my local gun store, I know what you mean also when you say the expert makes you think you are a better shooter than what you really are. First time I shot mine I couldn't believe it, best groups I've ever shot with any pistol just about.

#7 ·
Does anybody know if Experts are still available in 9mm and/or .40 S&W? I see .45 acp EVERYWHERE.

I was a total wuss about shooting the .45 Expert. The gun is big for my hands (mostly in the grip area). So I got a weight for it, some .185 grain Ammo, and headed to the range this morning. See photos attached for results at 10 yards.

The Expert is making me think I’m a better shooter than I really am!

I just need to get a good front sight for it.
I just bought a USP 9mm expert about a month and a half ago, brand new at my local gun store, I know what you mean also when you say the expert makes you think you are a better shooter than what you really are. First time I shot mine I couldn't believe it, best groups I've ever shot with any pistol just about.
Man you were lucky to find one... we are lucky to see any Experts here. The local gun store has a few Elites but nothing in 9 mm. This Expert was my first .45 and I was worried about the muzzle flip since the Expert is so light and long. To my surprise, with the added weight (purchased via auction), shooting .45 rounds was like shooting BBs. I think more women would like shooting these guns if they only tried. My hands/arms aren’t strong as the guys but I have no problem managing this gun. The only thing that I have to think about is hand placement (my support thumb in thumbs forward position doesn’t reach the takedown bolt so I have to curl it and because the grip is wider than my USPcompacts, sometimes my trigger finger wants to land on the trigger instead of the polymer when not shooting).

#8 ·
I consider myself fortunate, to have a 40-Expert. Awesome shooter.

#11 ·
The gun is big for my hands (mostly in the grip area).
Why did you add the rubber grip cover which makes it bigger yet?
I needed the finger grooves and to cover the stippling on the front and backside of the grip.

I found that the Hogue grip cover doesn’t add very much in width department.

Basically it’s a trade off. I deal with the palm swell to get the finger groove grippiness.

#14 ·
I can only imagine too... but my LGS has several of them, all .45s. Some of them, they put on GB. I had a choice between the Elite and the Expert. Honestly, the Elite’s trigger felt better to me but overall, the gun just felt too long in my hand. I wish I could rent one to compare it with the Expert.

#22 ·
I just picked up an Expert in 9 locally a couple of weeks ago. Was going to get the 40 but another 40 caught my eye.
The Expert is a fine shooting gun, only think I did like was the sights so changed them with meprolight's.
Nice guns! I think I’m just going to put a Dawson’s FO front on mine. I like the adjustable rear well enough.

I wonder how snappy the .40 Expert is.

#27 ·
Purchased the pachmyr brand, much better,, there is no palm swell
More comfortable for me

Dont use the hogue no more palm swell uncomfortable
Medium large/ large hands. Fat fingers
The pachmyr one fits sommuch better for me. If i had bear paws like my Father, would be fine, but i dont.

#34 ·
Cool! I’m really curious about the 9mm Expert and how it shoots so if I ever get the opportunity to fire one, I will jump on it. Not sure I want to buy one though since I already have the .45.

The Mark 23 is a no go for me. My hands ain’t big enough.

#40 ·
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/806412850. Here is an auction for a 9mm expert with jet funnel and 18 round magazines. If I were you, I would get the 9mm expert pistol. You can find some for $1100-1300. You can also order the conversion kit, but for 300 more, I would rather have the pistol. The only reason I have a 9mm conversion kit for my elite is that you can not find any 9mm elites for under 2 grande, or at least I have not. Happy shooting, as the experts are awesome!!

#43 ·
I bought an HK Expert in 9mm last year. I converted it to a V7 Match/Hybrid trigger, and began to shoot the hell out of it. Then added a Trijicon RDS and kept going for another 2000 rounds. Decided I liked it so much, I bought a second one as it was a target of opportunity, and the price was right. The only other pistol I shoot now is an HK USPC 9mm V7 and just to remain proficient. Not sure there is a better pistol on planet earth for the money. Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Purple

#44 ·
I bought an HK Expert in 9mm last year. I converted it to a V7 Match/Hybrid trigger, and began to shoot the hell out of it. Then added a Trijicon RDS and kept going for another 2000 rounds. Decided I liked it so much, I bought a second one as it was a target of opportunity, and the price was right. The only other pistol I shoot now is an HK USPC 9mm V7 and just to remain proficient. Not sure there is a better pistol on planet earth for the money. View attachment 229850
Totally agree. I’ve got the Expert .45 for a target/ backup home defense gun and I carry my USPc .40. I like that it’s the same platform so there’s zero potential confusion in a stressful situation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.