Was told that the P30L is being replaced.. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Was told that the P30L is being replaced..

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Heyas Gunn! Welcome to the site!

There is no official word that any of the p30 lineup is being discontinued, or replaced. However, HK HAS released a longslide version and kit conversion for the VP9. Your dealer is either misunderstanding that, or is misinformed. As has been mentioned above, HK is a bit behind on their shipment of guns and parts to North America, and a lot of dealer's sources show them as unavailable, which could be what is leading your dealer to the conclusion that they've come to.
    But no, the p30l is not discontinued or being replaced. They should be hitting our shores again really soon.

However, there is word that HK is considering moving away from .40 S&W. Most likely any of their new products would not be geared towards that caliber.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis Hidden Content
    Some people whine that HK doesn't put things out fast enough -- the same people that whine when something is put out before it's perfect. Some people just like to whine.

4X4
    Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The P30L is same size as other full size pistols. Not really a long slide. The P30 is equal to the 19X, FN 9 and 40 pistols, etc. Being they are totally different, what he told you does not even seem plausible. A 5" P30 longslide v3 with safety would make a nice hunting/gaming pistol. I have a 5" threaded barrel in my P30L FWIW.
    P2Ksk 40/357
    P2K 40/357/40T RCM tube
    P30 40
    P30L 40/357 RCM tube/40T RCM tube
    VP40/HK 40T tube

4X4
    Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"However, there is word that HK is considering moving away from .40 S&W. Most likely any of their new products would not be geared towards that caliber."

Any source for this? Would be pretty dumb with Glock doing the same. I bought my last Glock pistol when the G40mos came out.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
    "However, there is word that HK is considering moving away from .40 S&W. Most likely any of their new products would not be geared towards that caliber."

Any source for this? Would be pretty dumb with Glock doing the same. I bought my last Glock pistol when the G40mos came out.
    4x4 - In the world of rumors, and fake news, I do not blame you for doubting. ;)
    I can't post links, and I won't post the email. But the words used were "highly unlikely" or something very close to that, in an email that I'd received from HK. I'd written them in regards to the VP longslide kit, asking if there were going to be .40 versions of the kit, or the full VP40L. (I was seriously wanting a .357 conversion!)
    4X4 likes this.

4X4
    Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkeWolf View Post
    4x4 - In the world of rumors, and fake news, I do not blame you for doubting. ;)
    I can't post links, and I won't post the email. But the words used were "highly unlikely" or something very close to that, in an email that I'd received from HK. I'd written them in regards to the VP longslide kit, asking if there were going to be .40 versions of the kit, or the full VP40L. (I was seriously wanting a .357 conversion!)
    I'll be very disappointed if this comes to fruit. I'm buying pistols from manufacturers who are still producing and coming out with new .40 pistols. I have 357 barrels for most, OEM if possible.

4X4
    Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

With the great job HK did with the VP40 it's a bummer. I know (3) guys who shot 9mm but wanted to use 40 for HD and all the pistols they tried (there are plenty with mild recoil in 40 they did not try) were too much for them until I let them shoot my VP40. They own VP40's and shoot 40 now, one is even a gamer. I could see the writing on the wall with no VP40sk (HUGE mistake HK).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That would be bad. I’m a big .40 fan myself!! I’ve invested heavily in the .40 S&W with several manufacturers. HK being the top (Glock being 2nd).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

.40 is a good cartridge, but in many venues, it's simply eclipsed by "new and improved" 9mm cartridges. In my neck of the woods, the Pacific Northwest/Metro Seattle, volume gunstores that I'm familiar with simply either do not stock, or stock very limited inventory of firearms chambered in .40, as they saw very slow sales movement in guns so chambered.

I think HK does the best in harnessing the quick, accentuated .40 pressure spike and recoil forces. I think .40 is slowly finding a significant niche as a woods/wilderness cartridge. But for individual and organizational use, today's buyer and user is FAR more likely to go the 9mm route; it's less expensive, easier to use/teach, less wearing on guns and users, lighter, and higher capacity with similar-sized magazines.

I would be very surprised to see much more new product from HK in .40, and I'm similarly skeptical as to whether we'll ever see a VP45; a significant market demand does not seem to be there any more. And .357 SIG? Fuggadeboutit...Especially when arguably essentially the same ballistics can be realized with the VP9L and 127 gr +P+ 9mm cartridges...

Best, Jon
    Vincent04 likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Behind the glass you’ll see a price drop in HK/.40, still buyers go Non-HK for even lower. With my LGS 1/10 is in .40 because ‘they have to’ stock it, the 9 versions flying off the shelf at +30%.
    Remains to be seen what HK will produce after this batch of .40 is gone.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

The OP hasn't been back since the moment of posting. Just a drive by troll. Probably sitting back, laughing and saying 'made you look'.
    ca survivor likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links