P30s question
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: P30s question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default P30s question

Hi... I’m new to the forum and interested in picking up a P30s. It has a safety and is a V3 model. New at a dealer for $480. While I’m not a fan of the safety it looks unobtrusive enough that it shouldn’t matter. I’m an admitted Walther fanboy as I have 3 of them and 2 FN’s. I know HK quality is not an issue. I want to add a hammer fired pistol and this looks like just the ticket at a good price. This will be a range/home defense gun. My carry is the pps m2 and the FNS 9c. Home defense and range are a ppq m2 and a FN 509m. The P30s should be comparable to this two I think, as far as size, dependability, and quality go. Any guidance or opinions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hard to go wrong with a p30. The trigger reset may be a little long for your liking coming from the Walthers and FN’s and most here will tell you give the LEM trigger a try before purchasing the V3 DA/SA. Hard to pass on it though for $480.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

It's more the hammer version of the 509m (vs. the PPQ/M2) with a heavier DA, and a paddle + decocker.
    $480 NIB if it's a 9, grab it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

At that price I’d grab it while you can. Personally, I like the”s” model, but I carry my handguns condition 1 (hammer back, safety on)
    HK91
    HK94
    USC/UMP
    SL8/G36
    P7M8
    P9s .45acp
    VP70Z
    USP Tactical .45acp
    V51/HK51 clone
    HK45
    HK45c
    HK 416 10.5" upper
    GSG5PK
    P30Ls
    HK45T (OD Green)
    VP9
    CR556A1
    P30SKs
    SP5K

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaake View Post
    Hi... I’m new to the forum and interested in picking up a P30s. It has a safety and is a V3 model. New at a dealer for $480. While I’m not a fan of the safety it looks unobtrusive enough that it shouldn’t matter. I’m an admitted Walther fanboy as I have 3 of them and 2 FN’s. I know HK quality is not an issue. I want to add a hammer fired pistol and this looks like just the ticket at a good price. This will be a range/home defense gun. My carry is the pps m2 and the FNS 9c. Home defense and range are a ppq m2 and a FN 509m. The P30s should be comparable to this two I think, as far as size, dependability, and quality go. Any guidance or opinions?
    Heyas Jaake! Welcome to the site!
    First, let me say that I'm also a fan of Walthers, as well as FNs!
    Second, let me say that at $480 that is a STEAL. Grab it up! Particularly for an "S" model, which usually runs anywhere from 50-70 dollars more than a model without a safety. So even if you decide to flip it, you can get a really good resale price on it.
    Now, all that said, coming from your choices of striker fired pistols the trigger on the p30 is something that is going to take some getting used to for you. The travel in the p30 trigger can be a dealbreaker for some people. I've fired a lot of hammer guns in my time. Both semiautos and revolvers, and the pull on this thing is a lot longer than what I've ever been used to.
    Aside from that, the sights are great. The ergos are phenomenal! The paddle release is really good, and highly intuitive. They recoil very well, and the accuracy is what you'd expect from any premium handgun.

As with a lot of modern 9's, it's best to break it in with about 200-300 rounds of NATO or 124 or 148 grain ammo. Most HKs will eat just about anything, but....as with most modern nines, you may or may not have an issue with aluminum or steel cases.
    They don't "require" a lot of maintenance. You can usually go 1500+ rounds before it "needs" to be cleaned, but if you are habitual about cleaning your guns, that's ok too. ;)
    If you can, stock up on mags for it, if you can find a good inexpensive source. When there's a drought on them, the mag prices can surge upwards of 50 bucks through online retailers. As a HD pistol, you might also check into getting some of the OEM 20 round mags, if your state allows for large capacity.
    Since your PPS is a single stack, you may notice that the p30 is quite a bit more chubby in your hand, but with the right combo of grip panels, this thing will fit like glove!
    Now, there's 2 things that I do want to mention about HK guns. 1) If you are used to shooting other hammer guns, you may be kind of surprised when you dry fire a HK polymer hammer gun. The feel and sound of hammer dropping on them... honestly, they sound and feel a lot like an airsoft pistol. This is by no means saying that they are cheap, or toylike, nor unreliable. QUITE the opposite. I'm only saying that it's a softer feel, and a different sound when dry firing.
    2) HKs are extremely addictive! So I'm warning you now, if you end up liking this p30, there's a high chance that another one is going to be calling out to your wallet. And as a striker guy, you may end up hearing the call of a VP9 in your future! ;)
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis Hidden Content
    Some people whine that HK doesn't put things out fast enough -- the same people that whine when something is put out before it's perfect. Some people just like to whine.

bp1
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Good price! If you are cool with the safety on it. Steal that b***h! I mean, buy it!

I believe I'd rather have a safety/no decocker versus decocker/no safety.

I seem to be going towards LEM on all my Hk's, personally.
    Last edited by bp1; 04-01-2019 at 09:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

This (RGuns) importer has come up before, note this is not warranted by HK-USA.
    DarkeWolf and AGG like this.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Ahhhh yeah.
    Jake, take a look down at the engraving right there by the accessory rail. See the name of that distributor engraved on it? That's what Guzz is talking about. For some reason, the guns imported by that distributor voids the factory warranty.
    Still tho. Even if you decided to go ahead and flip it, you could probably get everything that you paid for it back.
    Nice catch there Guzz!

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)

Welcome to the site--- though you may never need HKCS warranty work, it is something to think about!!!

Tony

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links