Anyone conceal carry a full size USP?
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Anyone conceal carry a full size USP?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Anyone conceal carry a full size USP?

I have a USP9 (regular, not Tactical) that I want to CC. I have large hands so most small guns do not fit my hand well at all and they're uncomfortable. I love everything about my USP and want to use that for CC. Has anyone ever CC'd a full size USP (Mine is the 9 so it's a little shorter than the .45 model)? If so what holsters would you recommend for it?

Also, I was considering putting the Jet Funnel on it as well (it already has the match trigger installed in it). How much more length does the Jet Funnel add to the grip?

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't... but I believe Tom Cruise used a full size USP in the movie Collateral... I think you can Google what type of holster he used...

I wouldn't recommend the Jet Funnel as it will probably print a bit more... especially carrying at 3-4 o'clock.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I have. Bulky clothes hide it. It reall doesn't print much more than a compact. HK makes fat guns. They print.
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it.
    You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good.
    Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy.
    Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

"If you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat" Ronald Reagan

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Any handgun can be concealed. Full size handguns like the USP will require you to dress around it. If you're able to put up with the size and weight of having such a firearm on your hip everyday, and willing to add extra layers to hide the fact that you're carrying, then have at it. It won't be at all comfortable, but it can technically be done.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I don’t have a full size USP but I conceal carry a USP compact every day in a Legacy holster that is totally comfortable. And I’m a girl so I figure if the holster can hide a compact on me then it should be able to hide a full size on a man.

It’s possible to conceal (without the jet funnel), just not as super easy as the little guns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have. When I used my USP in .45 for on duty, I made it my policy to carry a full size gun off duty. When I’m off duty, I don’t usually have the luxury of back up or rarely wear body armor. So, I wanted a pistol large enough to fight with.

I used a Kramer owb rig made of horse hide with their belt and mag pouches. It worked great for me. I’m 5’6 at 175 lbs and it didn’t bother me.

I retired my full size USP .45 recently and now carry a full size HK45 for winter and a P30LS for summer. I still use my Kramer rigs, but I have switched to a kydex rig I made my self. The belt I use is made of scuba straps. I forgot the make since I bought it 10 years ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the comments so far, everyone. I'll definitely be carry it, it seems. Would you all recommend an IWB or OWB holster? Just for reference I am 6'2, 230lb. Most of my shirts are already loose fitting a go far enough past my waist to where you likely can't see any of the gun even if I were to OWB carry it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I carry my USP45 full size OWB in a kydex at 4 o'clock just fine. It's heavy and certain movements are going to print a lot more, but I would much rather carry a gun I'm comfortable with and that I regularly train with as opposed to something small that I won't like.

If I have to wear something lighter, I usually just carry the USP compact IWB same spot.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

HK makes a 15rd mag for the MP5K for a reason.
    Body shape/mass is more the determining factor, followed by what you want/need to carry. USP’s are blocky guns, I can with my USP9c/IWB but I’d rather CCW my P2000/IWB.
    As mentioned, HK are fat guns. My single-stack Compact/Commander 1911’s are more comfortable OWB (they’re heavier).

Premium Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I carry a VP40 daily. For me it's pretty easy to conceal. I have never been "discovered".. I have on occasion carried my USP45. I have been doing this for the last 10 years. It is important to dress around the gun..

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links