Help me liberate my HK .45 USP-F Mags - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Help me liberate my HK .45 USP-F Mags

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd just buy as many new mags now, while you can..This whole situation is still in flux, and anything can happen, Keep the 10rnd mags in case things go south. As I understand it the state of California is on pretty shaky legal ground here, Still, never under estimate corrupt politicians.. Every new mag that gets into California, whether it's used now, or stashed away for later, is a big F-U to California politicians who voted for this..So, get'em, get'em now, while you can!!!!!
    Last edited by ralphhh; 04-02-2019 at 11:13 PM.
    PorterM likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yeah, from what my understanding of the situation is, there's supposed to be a hearing today or tomorrow to try to get a temporary block on the sales.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF0uaDGiF74
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis Hidden Content
    Some people whine that HK doesn't put things out fast enough -- the same people that whine when something is put out before it's perfect. Some people just like to whine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBelly62 View Post
    I would not try and do anything to change those mags if I were you, glad things got changed in California. We here in NJ had 10 round mags before, then it got lifted to 15, now were back to 10 again. Our situation is different from yours as it was a change with Gov, but hopefully your outcome changes it for other states
    Can you still use the 15s at the range? Here in CT if you had the 15 before the ban youre good. You can only carry 10 in the mag when cc but at the range nobody is going to care...

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Always made me laugh seeing this...

Help me liberate my HK .45 USP-F Mags-gun-control-explained.jpg
    GuntherRommel likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suzukigs750ez View Post
    Can you still use the 15s at the range? Here in CT if you had the 15 before the ban youre good. You can only carry 10 in the mag when cc but at the range nobody is going to care...
    No as far as I know, As I understand it the way it is worded you can't use, have in possession, or transport. There was a grace period in which to have them permanently blocked/pinned. Now this new screwball Gov wants to up the cost of a pistol permit in his new budget proposal from the current $2 to $50
    VP9
    VP9L
    VP9 ODG
    HK 45 FDE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How many 10’s do you have?
    Keep the 10’s for now, there’s bound to be a challenge (followed by a stay) and you still have Home Rule.
    Pickup 12’s before the flood/price-hike to Kali, if not already.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I say keep the 10's, buy 12's. I suspect if you found a way to modify the 10 rounder mags to carry 12 it would be unreliable and very fragile. I think HK did a good job making them only 10 rounders. I agree with others, this may not stand up to appeals. I hope and pray it does stand as is, but this may go to the 9th circuit of appeals... Who knows what happens there.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

If only it were that easy, all my 10's work as well as my 12's

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Don’t touch the neutered 10 round Mags just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by No.body View Post
    Hello HKPros:

You might have heard in a landmark ruling on March 29, the 10-round magazine capacity limit in California has been ruled Unconstitutional in Federal Court.

(See HERE)

We in California are elated... and buying up all the standard capacity mags from everywhere.

We are also converting our castrated magazines back to their appropriate design.

Among other things, I have a number of HK .45 USP-F mags that are OEM 10-rd mags. As you may know they are originally 12-rd mags.

I opened them up and this is what I see:

It's seems fairly easy enough, but thought I would check with the forum if others might have a better idea. Do I just shave/cut down those plastic ends to be able to make the space for the extra rounds?

What does your regular 12-rd mag base plate look like?

I hope it is just a simple conversion.

Your help is most appreciated. Thanks.

Don’t convert the mags just yet. The judge put a stay on the order until the Appeal is heard. You don’t want to get caught in the middle of that mess. I am thrilled about the decision though because I am hoping it goes to the Supreme Court and knocks out the NY magazine restrictions. Be careful what you post as well.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes, BAD NEWS!! Benitez ordered a stay on the law. You have now got until 5:00 PM CA time, to make your purchase(s) until the law goes back into effect until it gets its day in court.
    After 5 pm, it will once again be illegal to buy or bring them into the state. How that affects people's online orders, I do not know. But this is not good for you guys. I will definitely keep my hopes up that once it gets to court, that it will be permanently removed.
    Last edited by DarkeWolf; 04-05-2019 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Corrected some info

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links