Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Help me liberate my HK .45 USP-F Mags

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Help me liberate my HK .45 USP-F Mags

Hello HKPros:

You might have heard in a landmark ruling on March 29, the 10-round magazine capacity limit in California has been ruled Unconstitutional in Federal Court.

(See HERE)

We in California are elated... and buying up all the standard capacity mags from everywhere.

We are also converting our castrated magazines back to their appropriate design.

Among other things, I have a number of HK .45 USP-F mags that are OEM 10-rd mags. As you may know they are originally 12-rd mags.

I opened them up and this is what I see:

It's seems fairly easy enough, but thought I would check with the forum if others might have a better idea. Do I just shave/cut down those plastic ends to be able to make the space for the extra rounds?

What does your regular 12-rd mag base plate look like?

I hope it is just a simple conversion.

Your help is most appreciated. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help me liberate my HK .45 USP-F Mags-img20190401162206.jpg  
    Last edited by No.body; 04-02-2019 at 12:13 AM.
    PorterM likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by No.body View Post
    Hello HKPros:

You might have heard in a landmark ruling on March 29, the 10-round magazine capacity limit in California has been ruled Unconstitutional in Federal Court.

(See HERE)

We in California are elated... and buying up all the standard capacity mags from everywhere.

We are also converting our castrated magazines back to their appropriate design.

Among other things, I have a number of HK .45 USP-F mags that are OEM 10-rd mags. As you may know they are originally 12-rd mags.

I opened them up and this is what I see:

It's seems fairly easy enough, but thought I would check with the forum if others might have a better idea. Do I just shave/cut down those plastic ends to be able to make the space for the extra rounds?

What does your regular 12-rd mag base plate look like?

I hope it is just a simple conversion.

Your help is most appreciated. Thanks.
    It is my understanding that the 10rd mags cannot be converted to the 12rd mags. This is due to the the design of the bottom of the mag. Please correct me if I am wrong. I do have both the 10rd and 12rd mags. I will take a look when I get home.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

THat is what I was afraid of... I have a lot invested in these.

I have been messing around with them this afternoon, it appears there is no easy way around it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by No.body View Post
    THat is what I was afraid of... I have a lot invested in these.

I have been messing around with them this afternoon, it appears there is no easy way around it.
    You can always sell the 10rd. CA is not the only ban state with this problem.
    PorterM and No.body like this.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That is a good point!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am very happy for California and I hope this causes the same to happen in other restricted states! Congrats and enjoy your new 12 round mags!
    Last edited by PorterM; 04-02-2019 at 01:50 AM.
    No.body, TooSixy and DarkeWolf like this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Topic of this thread makes me happy. Welcome back to America buddy
    PorterM, No.body and TooSixy like this.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Seen a YouTube video a few years back where some guy converted them to 12 rounders using some metal.
    No.body likes this.

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I have not looked at that mag, but I would ASSUME (I know, I know) that you should be able to replace the foot of the mag and perhaps need a new mag spring? IDK. It should be doable, because I doubt they actually modified the actual body of the magazine. Put in a block at the bottom of the mag? Sure.

As you NOW know, gun laws have a tendency to be overturned. So why make mags that NO ONE wants in the long run.

And this will affect ALL THOSE OTHER STATES that have magazine limitations. Colorado, New York, Illinois, and all those other states run by liberals that have put mag limitations in place. It's called precedent. And once the CA mag ban is officially over turned, don't be surprised that all sorts of plaintiffs with their lawyers, will take all those states to task and UNDO all those other states laws as well, USING this over turned law.

just sayin...
    Last edited by wallew; 04-02-2019 at 02:11 AM.
    PorterM and No.body like this.
    A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Happy for you! Send that my way ( CT ). Range time would be better spent shooting rather than reloading lol. That's all I want them for. I'm fine carrying 10 rounds!
    No.body likes this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links