Like Tree6Likes

Thread: USP compact .40 SW VS P30S .40 SW

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Cool Personal Preference

I've said this so many times before.
    And I think it's still true.
    Shoot both and the right gun will choose you.
    dpadams6 and grumpy1 like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's not that easy. In Chicago suburbs it's almost impossible to find a range that rents USP, even less chance for USP compact, and then forget about .40.
    P30 is everywhere, every range is swarmed with them, but rarely in .40.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    I've said this so many times before.
    And I think it's still true.
    Shoot both and the right gun will choose you.
    Correct answer by Barth. I can't shoot the USP-C worth a darn compared to my P30 because of the way the P30 fits my hands/fingers so much better. There are no changeable back straps and palm inserts for the USP series like there is for the P30. For me the choice would be no doubt P30 in .40. The Buds review of the P30S in .40 shows 27 of 27 five star reviews which indicates a very well liked gun by those that own it. Both the USP and P30 are superb pistols but one may work better than the other for a particular shooter.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...+(V3)+40+S%26W
    Last edited by grumpy1; 04-06-2019 at 05:41 PM.
    dpadams6 likes this.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    ― Thomas Jefferson

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I'd have to vote P30, especially if you are of the shorter fingered variety such as myself. Probably best fitting double stack pistol ever for those with small hands, yet scalable to those with larger hands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Guy’s
    I really love this site so much information and real experience and knowledge on IMO the best pistols out there. I hate to admit it but after purchasing my P30 I’m on the hunt for that USPc 40 !!! LOL I’ve been looking for one locally but might have to reach out and buy in the net. Thanks for the link on the deal I’ll be looking in to that since buying new is almost impossible. Anyone care to elaborate on the HK45 ? Hahaha
    When I was out looking for a compac I tried one on for hand size and feel and I really liked it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well I took Wallew’s advice and took a look at the LE trade in’s and well the inevitable followed its natural course!!! LOL
    My USP collection just got bigger and I added the P30s to my family
    I must say the P30 is surprisingly fun to shoot and extremely comfortable but then again it’s an HK right!! So my next question is this. I’d like to lighten up the trigger pull on my USPc 40sw ? Any one out there have suggestions I don’t really want to change out the DA/SA action ? I’m in Northern Alabama in addition this is a LE trade in and it has an unknow round count so if you have any suggestion on replacing or swapping out and parts I would appreciate it

4X4
    Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A great thing about the P30S is the ability to carry C&L. USP can also but I really like how the decocker is seperate from the safety. No chance of decocking when sweeping the safety off. I have a P30 and am getting a P30S for that reason. DA is pretty good on them anyway. No firsthand experience with USP.

4X4
    Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Well I took Wallew’s advice and took a look at the LE trade in’s and well the inevitable followed its natural course!!! LOL
    I must say the P30 is surprisingly fun to shoot and extremely comfortable but then again it’s an HK right!! So my next question is this. I’d like to lighten up the trigger pull on my USPc 40sw ? Any one out there have suggestions I don’t really want to change out the DA/SA action ? I’m in Northern Alabama in addition this is a LE trade in and it has an unknow round count so if you have any suggestion on replacing or swapping out and parts I would appreciate it
    New style light FPBSS.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I lightened my USPc 40 trigger by replacing the hammer spring with a 10lb from Wolff. Of all the reset springs and other parts I've tried that makes the biggest difference for the double action. And it's the easiest by far to replace. I haven't had any issues with light strikes, but I still might drop in an 11 lb to try it.
    Last edited by racegunner; 05-18-2019 at 05:47 PM. Reason: addtion

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I neither confirm nor deny being the owner of P30s’ & p30Ls’ in 9 & 40
    In LEM with safetys, nor do i confirm anything i say.
    Last edited by ARCTICDETH; 05-18-2019 at 07:50 PM.
    FAMILY, faithfulness, compassion, honesty, empathy, trust, hockey, single malt Scotch 21+, Heavy Metal music, German, Irish, Belgian, English bier, what else is there...?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links