USP compact .40 SW VS P30S .40 SW
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: USP compact .40 SW VS P30S .40 SW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default USP compact .40 SW VS P30S .40 SW

Hey guys found this great site not long ago and love it! My first handgun purchase was a USP FS 45ACP back in 97 and instantly fell in love with the platform I have had a few FS USP and recently purchased a compact USP 45. I’m now considering purchasing another USP compact in .40SW but also like how the P30S fits my paw.
    Can any one send me thier thoughts on the subject? Besides the fact that I will purchase both sooner or later?? LOL!!!
    Also anyone out there know of a place that has the USP .40 compact in stock and at a fair price? I’m leaning to the LEM model for both pistols

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I don't think the P30s comes in LEM. Here's a used V7 USP .40 in tan. Oops, I thought it was a compact but it's not.

https://www.gunauction.com/buy/14876376
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the correction your right I was looking at the 9mm. Looks like the USP is taking the lead, for now

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    ... I’m now considering purchasing another USP compact in .40SW but also like how the P30S fits my paw.
    Can any one send me thier thoughts on the subject? ...
    I prefer the USP40c over the P30s in 40. The felt recoil is much lower. And unlike the P30s, you can buy a factory HK .357sig conversion barrel for the USP40c if you want to try that round as well.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HKaltwasser View Post
    I don't think the P30s comes in LEM.
    It does but almost unobtanium in the U.S. I have only seen 2 in existence.
    HKaltwasser likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Right now, I would almost say that it will go down to price and availability. 40 is a hot caliber to buy for cheap right now, as a lot of retailers are trying to clear their stock of them, and there's a few people that are trying to consolidate their ammo more towards 9mm.
    While I am by no means trying to steer you away from the LEM models, I do just want to mention that HK has been pretty slow about getting new orders to here in the states lately, due to them having a lot of military contracts that they have to fill. So that said, you might want to consider getting what you can find, with the idea to do a LEM conversion on it, if you can't find one in LEM.

In my mind, the USP is a better pistol. It doesn't have the fantastic ergos of the p30, but IMO, it's got a better factory trigger, and a better recoil system. Especially in .40. The fullsized USP 40 that I had was just a phenomenal high speed shooter. The way the pistol would roll up and back then down and forward in the hand pretty much put my trigger finger almost exactly where it needed to be for next shot. I'm also not a fan of the lengthy pull on a p30 trigger.

IF you can find one in the price range that you are willing to pay, I'd go with the USPc first. Another advantage to that, is that p30 mags fit the USPc, so if you wanted to stock up, you'd have mags for both.

Regardless, both are great guns. I don't think that you would have regret with either purchase! :)
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis Hidden Content
    Some people whine that HK doesn't put things out fast enough -- the same people that whine when something is put out before it's perfect. Some people just like to whine.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)

Welcome to the site--- stay with the USP--- 1. because it is a USP, and 2. you are accustomed to the USP!!!

Tony
    Kost likes this.

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

[email protected],

Welcome to the forum. You have embarked on the Red & Black road. It's a long journey and along the way you will empty your wallet purchasing more fine HK firearms.

For example, if you don't mind a LEO trade in (carried a lot, shot a little), here is the USPC in 40 - $450 with two mags or $385 with one mag

USP Compact

Again, welcome to the HK ENABLERS forum.
    Last edited by wallew; 04-05-2019 at 01:46 PM.
    A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Tempting deal there, USP40c $385/1-mag.
    Mine are DA/SA 9's. I don't/rarely carry my P30/P30s since having the USP9c, although I carry my P30SK-s the most.
    Start with the USP-Compact... and down a slippery slope.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I was about to post the USPc Summit deal, but wallew beat me to it.
    For .40 I'd go USPc all day long.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links