Considering A Move to Dark Side (Of H&K...) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Considering A Move to Dark Side (Of H&K...)

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WellWellWell View Post
    This thread is not meant to discuss .40, but rather the firearms for those who have experience with them.
    Man get you a VP40 if that's what you want. "Lead don't follow". You most likely can shoot .40SW much better than people that just don't like it and want you to be like them. If it was discontinued the manufacturers didn't get the memo. Their still making pistols, PCC's and ammo in .40SW.
    (my little bag of tricks) (my road dogs) (words can not express a few things nicely dressed),
    {And a Presa Canario that loves his people . He won't stop unless I tell him to).
    Use your imagination.

(The Phantom Brigade)
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WellWellWell View Post
    I have been a long fan of the hammer fired guns, but do to a recent move away from carrying AIWB back to strong side... I am more inclined to want a striker fired pistol again. That points me towards a VP series naturally, I am leaning towards VP40 in FDE or Grey. I believe they are no longer making these on HK-USA, I also found retailer online listing these as discontinued...

VP9SK is also a strong consideration in the same .color choices. I am so lost, go big or small... I really don't have a need for deep concealment at all though smaller is often more convenient to carry. I had a VP9 a while back for a brief period though I couldn't bring myself to fall in love with it for various reasons, willing to give it another chance though.

My only stablemates currently are P30L V3 .40 and USP 40 FS, thoughts on what I should do? I can get VP9SK locally for $520 bran new and can do about the same on the VP40 online... FWIW.
    Heyas WellWellWell! Interesting conundrum that you have. If this were me, I'd start with which model do I want the most. Simply because the SK isn't available in 40sw.
    As an owner of both the VP9 and the VP9sk, I love them both. They are both excellent shooters, and have not had any fails with either of them. I'm 100% honest when I say that I will not carry a weapon that I have to depend on. The SK is definitely a better carry gun, due to it's shorter measurements, and it really honestly gives up ZERO performance due to it's smaller size. The only noticeable difference, is that you have to shift your grip when changing mags. Because of the shorter grip length to avoid pinching your palm when inserting a mag. But you're gonna have to do that with ANY 2 finger grip frame.
    Now, I said before there's no sacrifice in performance. Quite the opposite, actually. The SK is a softer shooter, and I shoot tighter groups when I'm trying for groups, with the SK than I do with the regular sized. Most likely due to the dual recoil spring in the SK vs the single recoil assembly in the FS. (fullsized)

9mm is also less snappy, so as a carry gun, you are back on target faster for a followup shot. Which is why I moved from 40 back to 9mil.

That said however... so far, you're mostly .40. Keeping your ammo consecutive would be a smart move. It also means interchangeabilty throughout all your guns. ESPECIALLY if these ***kers decide to make us start doing background checks for ammo! There is also the fact that once the VP40's sell out, that's it. That by itself in my mind says to get one while I still can. Assuming that our gov't still allows us to, you can pick up the SK at a later time if you decide to do so.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis Hidden Content
    Some people whine that HK doesn't put things out fast enough -- the same people that whine when something is put out before it's perfect. Some people just like to whine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IronKnight1991 View Post
    Man get you a VP40 if that's what you want. "Lead don't follow". You most likely can shoot .40SW much better than people that just don't like it and want you to be like them. If it was discontinued the manufacturers didn't get the memo. Their still making pistols, PCC's and ammo in .40SW.
    Exactly.

I’m still on Team Hammer-fired but if I ever ventured to the dark side, I would get a VP40.

And yup, if .40 is dead, a whole lot of folks missed that memo. I got in my last fight over a box of high performing 9 mm Ammo during the shortage. No more. Sold the 9 mm and couldn’t be happier with the snappy lil .40 and .357sig guns. More non-9 mm Ammo for me and no +p necessary.
    bp1 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

bp1
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Given that you have a P30 and a USP, both in .40, I'd say go with a vp40 or a P2000sk .40, unless you have completely ruled out hammers.
    P2000 .40 ...
    USP Compact 40 ...
    VP9SK if striker and small are the criteria
    (I just bought a new vp40 for $475)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I only shoot 9mm and 45 acp so out of your two choices I’d recommend the Vp9sk. I have a vp9 and Vp9sk and shoot both of them just about equally well. If you do go with the Vp9sk, you owe it to yourself to pick up a 13 round mag for it. It gives you a full grip and really isn’t any longer than the end of the finger extension on the 10 round mags.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

If you are wanting striker-fired to carry, then the VP9sk!!!

Tony
    DarkeWolf likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andru View Post
    You want to carry a gun inside ur pants without safety. Why, again?
    What's the problem with no manual safety carrying iwb? All 3 of my firearms have no manual safety (Striker fired) and I carry iwb 90% of the time. The trigger is covered by the holster and the gun and holster go in together.
    DarkeWolf likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Chambered? When taking it out finger goes on a trigger, ta da.
    I dont know. With safety, it is 2 separate, very different movements that are needed.

bp1
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andru View Post
    Chambered? When taking it out finger goes on a trigger, ta da.
    I dont know. With safety, it is 2 separate, very different movements that are needed.
    When drawing, "finger DOES NOT go on the trigger".
    Striker generally requires you to look the pistol in to the holster upon re-holster vs. thumb over the hammer on hammer-fired.
    Am I incorrect?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I grab the grip with my three fingers and keep my pointer finger on the holster which will then transfer to the guns frame above the trigger. Nowhere in the draw or holstering is my finger anywhere near the trigger.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links