P30 SK v1 LEM is a shorter trigger reset necessary for an edc? (GrayGun/LazyWolf)
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: P30 SK v1 LEM is a shorter trigger reset necessary for an edc? (GrayGun/LazyWolf)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default P30 SK v1 LEM is a shorter trigger reset necessary for an edc? (GrayGun/LazyWolf)

Never thought I'd find it but I did.. P30sk light lem V1. Only complaint is the long reset. Whose running a p30 v1/v3 with a shorter reset as there EDC? Gray guns and rick whose now at lazy wolf seem to be the best options for the modification.

Cons:
    Not sure how I feel about modifying reliable HK parts. Part of me wants to train through it since I learned that pinning the trigger isnt very realistic in defensive shootings anyways.. (Reset is done while the gun recoils). Around $400 give or take for the whole process which can take quite a while.

Pros:
    The videos speak for themselves, the trigger improvments are clearly visible and measured.This is only my 2nd handgun and after putting 200 rounds through it i can say that I shoot faster and get better groups with my current edc (SAO p938) with probably over 2K rounds so I guess thats not too surprising but I feel the shorter reset would help in both of those areas.

Curious on the input of those carrying a p30 for edc

Short reset:
    https://youtu.be/1Jd4TbaZPTM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Also just heard back from John Correia of Active Self Protection and he had this to say in regards to his p30.

"I have a Grayguns short reset package and it’s so good. Totally recommend!!!"

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

https://grayguns.com/product/hk-p30-...-thumb-safety/

99 bucks, grab one when back in stock and give it a try to see what you think. You can search the forum here on the topic, there are threads with other’s experiences, good luck.
    ”What do you want to discuss now, my favorite color?”–Col. Nathan R. Jessup

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Heyas Beauf! Welcome to the site! And to the HK addiction!

Ok, I'm not tryiing to be an arse here, please don't think that I am. I'm just trying to give you the most important point of view that I can think of. Since you haven't stated otherwise, and since your name isn't in blue, I'm left to assume that you're just an average citizen, like the majority of us. Now, with that in mind... as an average citizen, IF you have to draw, and the law gets involved (which, if you have to fire, it WILL get involved)... the chances are about 97% positive that your gun IS gonna get confiscated.
    So, with that in mind... do you want to spend that much money on a weapon that IF you have to use it, you may or may not ever see again?
    Second- with the cost of the trigger work being that much, wouldn't that much money be better spent on concealed carry insurance? To have a legal company behind you, so that IF you have to draw, you have an attorney to watch your back. So that your chances of getting the gun back are higher, AND to keep you from being an unwilling guest of the state.
    As well to have representation when the person that you shot, or their next of kin, takes you to civil court in a lawsuit.

Now that's not me being judgemental of you, or anything like that. I'm going with the assumption, that you're a responsible, law abiding person, who is a great person. I just know for a fact, that once you draw, and once you fire, life becomes a nightmare. And you have to be prepared for that, even more than being prepared for having to deal with the threat in the first place.
    WolfieRules likes this.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis Hidden Content
    Some people whine that HK doesn't put things out fast enough -- the same people that whine when something is put out before it's perfect. Some people just like to whine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I agree with darkewolf, I don't know what you might think you may or may not come across in the edc civilian world, (and no one could ever predict that), but I carry a p30sk lem v1, converted to a lem v4.1, and in my opinion, the reset is not the issue with the p30, but the long takeup before the wall, so the 4.1 kit made the most sense to me. Now with that being said, according to grayguns website, you cannot use the short reset kit from grayguns, if you are using the lem 4.1 kit, so you will have to chose one. I must laugh to myself when i hear reference to a long reset on a hk, because obviously they have never handled a walther CCP......now thats a long reset.
    waz0wski and DarkeWolf like this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I have a USP Compact that Gray Guns worked their short reset magic on and wow what a gun, er trigger. Took way too long to complete and cost way too much money but the end result was fantastic.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NFATCA Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkeWolf View Post
    Heyas Beauf! Welcome to the site! And to the HK addiction!

Ok, I'm not tryiing to be an arse here, please don't think that I am. I'm just trying to give you the most important point of view that I can think of. Since you haven't stated otherwise, and since your name isn't in blue, I'm left to assume that you're just an average citizen, like the majority of us. Now, with that in mind... as an average citizen, IF you have to draw, and the law gets involved (which, if you have to fire, it WILL get involved)... the chances are about 97% positive that your gun IS gonna get confiscated.
    So, with that in mind... do you want to spend that much money on a weapon that IF you have to use it, you may or may not ever see again?
    Second- with the cost of the trigger work being that much, wouldn't that much money be better spent on concealed carry insurance? To have a legal company behind you, so that IF you have to draw, you have an attorney to watch your back. So that your chances of getting the gun back are higher, AND to keep you from being an unwilling guest of the state.
    As well to have representation when the person that you shot, or their next of kin, takes you to civil court in a lawsuit.

Now that's not me being judgemental of you, or anything like that. I'm going with the assumption, that you're a responsible, law abiding person, who is a great person. I just know for a fact, that once you draw, and once you fire, life becomes a nightmare. And you have to be prepared for that, even more than being prepared for having to deal with the threat in the first place.
    Your are right. I do have ccw insurance through US lawshield though :) I do want to spend the money if it is going to maintain reliability and help me win the fight, even if it does get taken if im breathing I'd say it's worth!

Thank you for the reply though, good citizens carrying firearms without insurance really need to understand this.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The notion that I’m not going to use every available resource at my disposal to defend myself for fear of legal prosecution is ridiculous. If I have a tool that gets the job done, I’m going to use it. I have to be alive to get sued..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beauf9623 View Post
    Never thought I'd find it but I did.. P30sk light lem V1. Only complaint is the long reset. Whose running a p30 v1/v3 with a shorter reset as there EDC? Gray guns and rick whose now at lazy wolf seem to be the best options for the modification.

Cons:
    Not sure how I feel about modifying reliable HK parts. Part of me wants to train through it since I learned that pinning the trigger isnt very realistic in defensive shootings anyways.. (Reset is done while the gun recoils). Around $400 give or take for the whole process which can take quite a while.

Pros:
    The videos speak for themselves, the trigger improvments are clearly visible and measured.This is only my 2nd handgun and after putting 200 rounds through it i can say that I shoot faster and get better groups with my current edc (SAO p938) with probably over 2K rounds so I guess thats not too surprising but I feel the shorter reset would help in both of those areas.

Curious on the input of those carrying a p30 for edc

Short reset:
    https://youtu.be/1Jd4TbaZPTM
    AllI could tell you is, take the gun out and shoot it..See what you think, after all, you're the one who's going to be carrying it. Myself, when shooting rapidly, I don't really notice the reset. Honestly, I think people get too wrapped in small details like this that, in reality really is'nt going to make that much difference. Especially as a CCW, the perp you shoot (hypothetically) is'nt going to notice difference in the split times... With only 200rnds on the gun, I'd go shoot about 8-900 more, you don't need a short reset trigger, you just need more time on the trigger you have. Save your money, learn to use what you have.. LEM triggers can be run very well, It just takes time, and practice, to get up to speed..

One other thing to think about, you send your gun in and chances are it's going to be a long time before you see it again (last time I looked and, granted, it's been awhile, but, it'll be at least several months, maybe longer) several months, that you could use to train with the gun. Plus, the money you would've spent for a short reset trigger, would buy alot of 9mm to practice with..
    Last edited by ralphhh; 04-08-2019 at 02:28 PM.
    JonHK40 likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I’d volunteer my gun be confiscated even without being asked, it can only mean I survived the gunfight (and a reason for another HK).
    You spend what you must/need for EDC, cost be damned.

... modifying reliable HK parts. Part of me wants to train through it since I learned that pinning the trigger isnt very realistic in defensive shootings anyways. (Reset is done while the gun recoils).
    This is my camp.
    Trigger pull, reset, DA/SA, safety on/off, etc. is noticeable at your LGS or living room, with combat/SD drills and you’ll quickly learn all the features/intricacies are non-consequential.
    Train with your platform (as you’ve stated), and train again.
    Seamaster762 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links