Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HKs at Gander

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default HKs at Gander

Just FYI,

Watch gander they occasionally get in HK's and have a few available now:

https://www.ganderoutdoors.com/brand...koch?q=handgun

Their page doesn't frequently come up when doing a general search on the web.

Plus, they ship to sister stores for no extra charge so if you are lucky enough to have one near you...
    P30SK-S : Out there and loving it!

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)

Thanks--- not many in stock!!!

Tony

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Ganderoutdoors...Any relation to Gander Mountain that went under a year ago?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know the gander mountain by us was very proud of their stuff. They used to sell magazines for higher than list price. Their used guns were pretty outrageous too. I don't miss that store much at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent04 View Post
    Ganderoutdoors...Any relation to Gander Mountain that went under a year ago?
    Yes, they were Gander Mountain, I understand they went under. Then someone bought it and reopened under Gander Outdoors. I bought my P30SK from them and their customer service was impeccable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Walruskid74 View Post
    I know the gander mountain by us was very proud of their stuff. They used to sell magazines for higher than list price. Their used guns were pretty outrageous too. I don't miss that store much at all.
    Yeah, I heard that was at least one reason the old place went down. I paid $591 for my HK and it was 1) the cheapest one I could find anywhere; 2) their service was great!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Thanks--- not many in stock!!!

Tony
    When I got mine they had six in stock on Thursday, by Monday they were all gone... as you know they don't lay on the shelves long!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

neat, thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am pleasantly surprised by the new ownership of Gander. Now it is Gander Outdoors, part of the same corporation that owns Overton's ( boating and water skiing) and Camping World (RV camping and accessories) On cases of shotgun shells at least, they are fast and cheap. Communications are good and packaging has been perfect. The old Gander Mountain was overpriced and had bad customer service. The new one is much better.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Thanks for the heads up and the link. I'll book mark it and keep checking back. We have a great Gander Mountain 10 minutes away from us here in Tampa that was always a pleasure to shop at. Sometimes their prices were a bit high but the customer service was excellent. It closed and the retail space remained vacant for quite a while (over a year?) and then I was surprised to find that Gander Outdoors reopened in the same space. That store was even nicer than the first store and customer service remained equally excellent. It too closed soon after - very disappointing.

I'm not sure if it is a lack of foot traffic in today's world of online shopping, or low margins on sporting goods, but I really miss the store. I always wound up spending a good bit when I visited the store as there is always something you need (or can justify!). The Bass Pro shop here in Tampa seems to be doing quite well but isn't the same at all. The firearms department is staffed by kids with barely any knowledge of what they are selling.

And the Dick's Sporting Goods stores, well let's just say it will be a cold day in Hell before I spend another dollar in their stores...

Thanks again, OP.
    Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links