Rip p2000 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Rip p2000

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by corgi View Post
    Where is all their Optics ready handguns like Glock has the MOS variant. I see this as a big miss for HK. I don’t want to mill an existing handgun and risk a bad job
    This is the love/hate relationship with Hk for me. I love the fact that they make very few products, but make them extremely well and don't fall into the SIG routing of rainbow guns and 20 models of each pistol with goofy names and colors. On the other hand, I like the fact that a company like SIG makes something for everyone. I have the opposite but same relationship about them. I guess that's why I have so many Hk's and SIG's and not much of anything else. Ultimately I just feel that Hk holds themselves to a higher standard. Whether it's real or just what I want to believe it's a big part of the reason I am such a fanboy.
    PorterM, dpadams6 and Vincent04 like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I’m an HK fan as well. RMR is not a passing fad but a solution that’s well established and accepted. I want to add an RMR and trying to figure my next option would be great if it could be HK. I can honestly say. I’ve never had a issue with any HK, something I can’t say about others I’ve owned
    Last edited by corgi; 04-12-2019 at 05:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why H&K hasn’t come out with a factory RMR gun like say the VP9/9L//P30L is beyond me. Don’t fall into the Colt businesss model. Evolve.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jslow View Post
    And maybe the possibility of HK pushing out more inventory to the civilian market?? I do love my Glock Gen 5’s but they are nowhere the quality of my p2000. Sorry for HK. Shame how the bottom dollar runs the world but.... it is what it is I suppose. Interesting.
    Could be worse, the could've chose the Sig 320...
    WolfieRules, gumby and MrShipwreck like this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

THe real question is... does the fact that CBP is saying goodbye to P2000 mean than it also will go away for the American consumers? Seems like there are virtually no P2000SK's online anywhere right now... can't see them being that popular... hopefully they are not done producing them for good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WellWellWell View Post
    THe real question is... does the fact that CBP is saying goodbye to P2000 mean than it also will go away for the American consumers? Seems like there are virtually no P2000SK's online anywhere right now... can't see them being that popular... hopefully they are not done producing them for good.
    There isn’t. As I mentioned more Times than I should. I’ve had the SK ordered since mid-December. July is what HK CS told me last week we should see another shipment. Then again... they’ve told me several things. 🙄

4X4
    Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Glock (almost) gives their stuff away to LEA's. Not surprised they underbid HK with their G5's (which need LE cred) at all. 9mm after .40 for years is probably not sitting well with the non-9mm agents. Would not sit well with me. Look at energy levels of .40 and 9mm at 100+ meters. A more likely engagement distance than NYPD encounters on a regular basis.
    Last edited by 4X4; 04-11-2019 at 07:05 PM.
    P2Ksk 40/357
    P2K 40/357/40T RCM tube
    P30 40
    P30L 40/357 RCM tube/40T RCM tube
    VP40/HK 40T tube

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

... they picked the MOS Gen5 Glock in 9mm... intends to transition all current law enforcement form .40 S&W to 9mm pistols by the end of Fiscal Year 2021...

The handwriting on the wall for the HK 40.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Everyone is going 9mm in LE it seems. Glocks are cheap and they Mfg in the US now as well. The interesting thing to me about Sig Sauer cranking out a bunch of new stuff all the time is that there always seem to be big teething problems. The recent P365 for instance with the MIM firing pin breaking at under 2000 rounds was typical. Someone is making an aftermarket Firing pin machined out of 17-7 stainless so that you can rely on it better.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jslow View Post
    And maybe the possibility of HK pushing out more inventory to the civilian market?? I do love my Glock Gen 5’s but they are nowhere the quality of my p2000. Sorry for HK. Shame how the bottom dollar runs the world but.... it is what it is I suppose. Interesting.
    What is this statement based on? I've personally owned two Glock 17s that each had over 15k rounds on them, neither of which so much as had a hiccup during my time with them. One is carried in a duty holster every day, in all conditions, and gets bumped/smashed into weekly while working. I've never felt more confident in a tool than I have in that trusty old Glock.

In addition to that, half the people I shoot with at in-service have Glocks that have been beaten on and neglected for a decade and STILL shoot accurately and without issue.

I don't doubt that HK puts more time into the production of each pistol than Glock, but to say they're "nowhere near the quality" seems disingenuous..

** All of that being said, I do genuinely love my VP9 and it certainly has all the qualities of a very well built firearm, but until something changes the Glock is going to stay by my side.

Quote Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
    Glock (almost) gives their stuff away to LEA's. Not surprised they underbid HK with their G5's (which need LE cred) at all. 9mm after .40 for years is probably not sitting well with the non-9mm agents. Would not sit well with me. Look at energy levels of .40 and 9mm at 100+ meters. A more likely engagement distance than NYPD encounters on a regular basis.
    Glock does have fantastic pricing for those of us in LE, not that they really need to IMO. What makes you say they need LE cred? At least here in WI, the Glock is by far the most popular duty gun I see.
    Indreams84 likes this.
    Overconfidence erodes vigilance.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links