Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Rip p2000

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cheapness rules!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I’m not bashing Glock at ALL. As I said I love my Glocks and honestly carry them more than my HK’s. I just see my Glocks more as a “tool” ( that I also trust 100%) and see my HK’s as a prize. But I also carry my HK’s too!! They seem to me “overbuilt” ( in a good way). Drop the side on my HK’s, slam in a mag, drop a mag, my HK’s are simply tighter, cleaner, more positive in operation, recoil and feel. That’s what I mean by saying what I said. I love both companies. Love Walthers too for that matter. Just to me the HK’s are a higher more refined piece of firearm engineering equipment.
    dpadams6 likes this.

4X4
    Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The G5's need real world extended reliability cred, the other's do not as they have proven themselves.
    P2Ksk 40/357
    P2K 40/357/40T RCM tube
    P30 40
    P30L 40/357 RCM tube/40T RCM tube
    VP40/HK 40T tube

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bigger holes make bigger leaks. why not 357Sig? its a great round. and the 357Sig is like shooting a 9mm+P, so not much recoil IMO. I understand the cost issue, but if more standarized, it would drive down prices

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

85M loss to HK

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benhou View Post
    85M loss to HK
    Likely, a bigger loss to us fans of the P2000/P2000sk. I could be wrong, and really I hope I am, but it would seem that there is little justification for the expense of still producing the P2000 line when the VP series is doing so well. I guess I'm going to be **** out of luck for getting an OD frame P2000 now.
    Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I don’t know but I wish HK or someone with 100% knowledge of the situation would let us know something. HK customer service just keeps shoving me later and later with their shipment of the p2000/p2000sk and some USP models over from Germany. It’s quite frustrating. Being strung along is not a good Buisness model.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by corgi View Post
    Bigger holes make bigger leaks. why not 357Sig? its a great round. and the 357Sig is like shooting a 9mm+P, so not much recoil IMO. I understand the cost issue, but if more standarized, it would drive down prices
    Eh, that's just not the way the winds are blowing right now. That being said, my agency just switched from the P229 to the P320 and we stayed with the .357 sig but then again we've used that cartridge since 1997 with excellent results in real-world applications.
    bp1 likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I want LE to have the best tool possible, but budget is a real thing. Those are tax payer dollars. Why not buy Wilson Combat because it might test better than glock.... $3000 VS $400 x 20,000 guns at a minimum, it makes a difference. If HK could not be competitive then bad on them. I personally love the P2000 and think it is an amazing gun. Glock did a better job or had some one on the inside make it happen.

On a side note for ammo. 9mm is cheaper, I think a study showed better qualification scores with 9mm, and the gun holds more ammo. I know qualification is not the same as a real life gun fight. People will look for data and everyone qualifying is a way to track marksmanship. Not everyone is a gun person, for some LE the gun is just a tool they have to carry. They don't practice often, barely qualify, and are probably in trouble if a real life fight happens. Give them more ammo and make it easier to shoot.
    PorterM and FergusandCo like this.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think CBP went with the Gen 5 Glocks because they addressed and built to the requirements of the tender; Striker-fired, polymer-framed, low bore axis, Optical sight compatibility, etc... I also assume they were competitively priced.

In addition, Glocks are just very shooter friendly, and the test-bed agents universally shot them well. The trigger system is just easy to shoot accurately. If you have to train an entire village to use one handgun (which is kind of the way of things in law enforcement nowadays), the Glock 19 or 47 in 9mm is not a bad choice, and most people will do well with it. I only have an older Gen II Glock 19, but, to me personally, it is just a hair behind the P7 series in terms of practical accuracy. If I had a magic wand, I'd want one with a grip safety (1911/Springfield XD style), but that would be my own preference on a hammerless, striker-fired gun.

Glocks do require a different degree of trigger discipline, compared to the DAO & LEM style triggers that came before them. I suspect there will be a few more AD's and sympathetic reflex discharges.
    "Remain yourself, in spite of all the mighty do."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links