Rip p2000
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Rip p2000

igs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Rip p2000

Currently, CBP agents carry HK P2000 handguns chambered in .40 S&W.

https://www.tactical-life.com/news/b...s-glock-gen-5/
    Last edited by igs; 04-10-2019 at 01:01 AM.
    FergusandCo likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

On the plus side, lots of trade-ins for the rest of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    JeepJack and ca survivor like this.
    01 / 03

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

And maybe the possibility of HK pushing out more inventory to the civilian market?? I do love my Glock Gen 5’s but they are nowhere the quality of my p2000. Sorry for HK. Shame how the bottom dollar runs the world but.... it is what it is I suppose. Interesting.
    dpadams6 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Premium Professional

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jt15550 View Post
    On the plus side, lots of trade-ins for the rest of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nope. Fed guns can’t be sold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've said it before here but I will say it again, H&K needs to refocus their efforts. They still have a lot of Military/LE contracts but if they are not careful, they will end up where Colt was not that long ago... you can only rest on your laurels for so long before you have to adapt and modernize. (As much as I love my VP9 and VP9sk they should come in 3 sizes, not 2, and the magazine capacity should have been 2 higher on each model than they are.) Beretta almost fell down that same trap but recently have been listening more to their civilian consumers and they are back on the upswing.

Edit: By 3 sizes, I mean something between the original full size VP9 and the VP9sk, I am aware that the VP9L exists.
    AGG and FPNunes like this.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PorterM View Post
    I've said it before here but I will say it again, H&K needs to refocus their efforts. They still have a lot of Military/LE contracts but if they are not careful, they will end up where Colt was not that long ago... you can only rest on your laurels for so long before you have to adapt and modernize. (As much as I love my VP9 and VP9sk they should come in 3 sizes, not 2, and the magazine capacity should have been 2 higher on each model than they are.) Beretta almost fell down that same trap but recently have been listening more to their civilian consumers and they are back on the upswing.

Edit: By 3 sizes, I mean something between the original full size VP9 and the VP9sk, I am aware that the VP9L exists.
    They should get their headquarters out of Germany, because they'll never survive if they can't sell guns in "conflict zones".

The company (along with SIG/Sauer and Walther, now) is a hunted species under today's lefty/pacifist government in Germany.
    WolfieRules and gumby like this.
    "Remain yourself, in spite of all the mighty do."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FergusandCo View Post
    They should get their headquarters out of Germany, because they'll never survive if they can't sell guns in "conflict zones".

The company (along with SIG/Sauer and Walther, now) is a hunted species under today's lefty/pacifist government in Germany.
    SIG USA exists independently of their German branch and is doing quite well in the civilian and LE/Military market. Walther has successfully rebranded themselves over the past few years and is finding success on the civilian side after the PPQ wasn't the hit they hoped for in the LE market. HK unfortunately is still trying to win big contracts but they aren't changing with the times to do it. The VP9 has been moderately successful on the civilian side but not on the government contract side and their old contracts are slowly going away. Another example (Aside from the size and capacity issue I mentioned) is how Walther had a huge hit with the PPQ 45 in the U.S. but the VP45 is nowhere to be found. I understand that 9mm is the hot thing right now but a very large and vocal civilian market has been asking for that pistol since the VP9 and VP40 were released. (Just look on the HK Facebook and Instagram pages under just about every post related to the VP9.)
    Last edited by PorterM; 04-10-2019 at 01:53 AM.
    FergusandCo likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Good points above on HK’s attitude on the US Civ market.

Even the 60yo G3 is still being manufactured. HK is a Mil supplier first, the Civ market (who they hate) is just icing. IIRC they don’t even list the .45 USP’s on the German Mil/LE site, compared to the US list. But dinner is on us, how many SOCOM MK23/M.0 units are we talking?
    The US .45 USP gives us a taste, um when they get to it. Good luck on a .45 VP (or striker).

As for HK barred from conflict zones, cough Saudi cough Arabia, MG series anyone?
    Last edited by GasGuzz; 04-10-2019 at 03:02 PM.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PorterM View Post

Unprofitable and unwise for any company to hope for/wait on "homerun" contracts--- a steady flow of multiple "smaller" sales is more prudent and is still lucrative!!!
    Probably the lowest bidder won out here.

Tony
    Last edited by AGG; 04-23-2019 at 11:46 PM.
    hvrnaut, PorterM and FergusandCo like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Where is all their Optics ready handguns like Glock has the MOS variant. I see this as a big miss for HK. I don’t want to mill an existing handgun and risk a bad job

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links