USP 45 added to stable.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: USP 45 added to stable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default USP 45 added to stable.

After debating between HK45C and HK45 and helpful input and measurements from the knowledge of forum members I ended up with a USP 45 full size. Iím a big guy, 6í4Ē 215 and hide a sig p220 carry well so decided on this one for my first HK in 45acp.
    Was able to feel each grip on the 45 and 45c at the lgs and didnít care for the HK45 grip. Too thin for me and it put my trigger finger too high. The USP is perfect for me and puts my finger in the correct spot. Ordered the flat base and mag extension from HKparts today and want the match trigger kit when back in stock.

Have any of USP owners notice although the barrel is not o-ringed that it does still have a forged ring on the barrel in the same location? I pulled out the calipers to measure this. It might serve the same purpose, not sure.

My next will be either a USPC45 or HK45C. Never seen a USPC45 anywhere as it is a unicorn. Have no size comparison of the two.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    sabre675 and omega hkpro like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I recently got a USP 45 and love it.

Rather than wait for the match trigger kit, I went this route:
    --HK match trigger-return spring
    --HK match hammer main spring
    --HK match flat sear spring
    --Grayguns Short Reset System, which also includes a lighter firing pin block spring, and a new, longer pin to install into the sear.
    --didn't bother with the match hammer or the match trigger with overtravel screw

Total cost is about $150, and it blows away the HK match trigger kits I've felt on other USPs. Double-action pull is lighter and smoother, although still relatively heavy. Single-action is crisp and light with very little travel to reset and almost no take-up distance.
    Seamaster762 and Kost like this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

You picked a jewel alright, great choice, classic USP .45! I see this one has night sights, great addition. USP Compact 45 is one of my favorites, I have large hands, USP 45 feels perfect to me!
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kost View Post
    You picked a jewel alright, great choice, classic USP .45! I see this one has night sights, great addition. USP Compact 45 is one of my favorites, I have large hands, USP 45 feels perfect to me!
    How does the compact USP feel to you with large hands? I didnít honestly like the feel of the HK45C in the store but it had the small backstrap. Canít find the unicornSPc at any lgs.
    Yes the full size is perfect for my hand. They wanted 40$ additional for the le model # with 3 12 rd mags and NS. (A no brainer to me)
    Ordered the flat base plate because I donít need it, my pinky rides right at the edge of the magwell. Love it so far and have a TLR3 made for the USP on the way. 80$ for 170 lumens is good for me.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster762 View Post
    How does the compact USP feel to you with large hands? I didn’t honestly like the feel of the HK45C in the store but it had the small backstrap. Can’t find the unicornSPc at any lgs.
    Yes the full size is perfect for my hand. They wanted 40$ additional for the le model # with 3 12 rd mags and NS. (A no brainer to me)
    Ordered the flat base plate because I don’t need it, my pinky rides right at the edge of the magwell. Love it so far and have a TLR3 made for the USP on the way. 80$ for 170 lumens is good for me.

If you have ever held a USP Compact 9mm/40sw, its just a bit bigger than that, and feels very good, USP Compact 45 is outstanding.

If this is your first fullsize USP 45, you need to get to the range, these pistols are great shooters, spooky accurate.
    Last edited by Kost; 04-11-2019 at 01:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kost View Post
    If you have ever held a USP Compact 9mm/40sw, its just a bit bigger than that, and feels very good, USP Compact 45 is outstanding.

If this is your first fullsize USP 45, you need to get to the range, these pistols are great shooters, spooky accurate.
    First USP and havenít shot it yet. This weekend if the rain holds off. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Congrats, been looking at one myself
    VP9
    VP9L
    VP9 ODG
    HK 45 FDE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster762 View Post
    After debating between HK45C and HK45 and helpful input and measurements from the knowledge of forum members I ended up with a USP 45 full size. I’m a big guy, 6’4” 215 and hide a sig p220 carry well so decided on this one for my first HK in 45acp.
    Was able to feel each grip on the 45 and 45c at the lgs and didn’t care for the HK45 grip. Too thin for me and it put my trigger finger too high. The USP is perfect for me and puts my finger in the correct spot. Ordered the flat base and mag extension from HKparts today and want the match trigger kit when back in stock.

Have any of USP owners notice although the barrel is not o-ringed that it does still have a forged ring on the barrel in the same location? I pulled out the calipers to measure this. It might serve the same purpose, not sure.

My next will be either a USPC45 or HK45C. Never seen a USPC45 anywhere as it is a unicorn. Have no size comparison of the two.

My USPC 45 barrel was not oringed either. I purchased a threaded barrel and that was oringed.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

Congratulations on the acquisition--- wise decision!!!

Tony

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Very nice specimen ! Love my USP .45.
    HK45T OD V5/6
    HK45T OD W/Standard Barrel V5/6
    HK45T Black German V5/6
    HK45 Lipseys x Dos V5/6
    HK45c HKPro Edition RAL8000
    HK45c Black V7
    HK45c OD Green X Dos V7