is a purple slide a bad sign - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: is a purple slide a bad sign

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

If my remembered correctly, my P7 slide started as normal steel black color and gradually change to purple.
    HKaltwasser likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Learn something new every day. I traded up an M8 with mill mark and plumb slide for an M13 a long time ago. The M8 was definitely a police / gov. trade in and I always assumed the plumb slide was a bad refin job in connection with milling the police markings? The plumb was the same even where obviously milled?
    Rollerlocks....

*Locked out of my original AKR account...

GCV

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You guys have to post some pictures. On the GlockTalk site there was a G17 with a plum frame and it looked kinda nice.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AntiqueEarl View Post
    too sixy, your right. the expert said my Mark 23 had a painted slide, it is not. I want to know about another pistol, looks like the wrong place.
    See Post #23--- I was not referring to yours--- I was commenting on the Mark 23 that I had posted in the HEADS UP section--- read posts all the way through!!!

Tony

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

My P7M8 slide is black. Should I be ashamed?
    Do you even HK, Bro?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AntiqueEarl View Post
    I have a new in the box p7m8 Sterling and the slide is purple and the frame is black. Is this bad, had the gun for a long time. the p7 is not a police trade in. I have a like new in the box Chantilly p7m13 that has black slide and frame, also not a police trade in. No pictures
    It's very desirable in my opinion. I believe it was due to the amount of nickel in the slide material. I think they changed the composition later so you don't get that plum hue.

The only ones I don't like are the fake "plum" slides that CDNN did to try and match the original aged bluing. Yours obviously isn't a fake one because it's not a P7 police trade in though.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AKR* View Post
    Learn something new every day. I traded up an M8 with mill mark and plumb slide for an M13 a long time ago. The M8 was definitely a police / gov. trade in and I always assumed the plumb slide was a bad refin job in connection with milling the police markings? The plumb was the same even where obviously milled?
    Yep, you had an refinished plum slide . It was a coating and not aged bluing.

Here's a real one:

Here's a refinish:
    Last edited by HKaltwasser; 04-12-2019 at 02:41 PM.

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I personally don't care for the plum, but that's just me.
    hvrnaut likes this.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis View Post
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I personally don't care for the plum, but that's just me.
    I agree and so, my LBCC will be getting a makeover. My p2000 and USPc are still black.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry to have wasted this professional groups time, sorry to have come back to ask a question. Please kick me around more, but, I own more nib HK item then you boys will see in dreams.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links