Opinions on HK45T OD Green Prices
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on HK45T OD Green Prices

H7K
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Opinions on HK45T OD Green Prices

HK45s have come down a lot because of the price reduction from HKUSA. I'm wondering if anyone thinks the colored frames have any extra value now, or if you think the values will hold up over time like they have done for the USP's in OD Green?

I was on gun broker and number of black HK45ts for only $770. I paid $980 for my OD Green HK45T back when they were $1100. Wondering if I can recoup that now or if I'm going to have to wait for 20 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H7K View Post
    HK45s have come down a lot because of the price reduction from HKUSA. I'm wondering if anyone thinks the colored frames have any extra value now, or if you think the values will hold up over time like they have done for the USP's in OD Green?

I was on gun broker and number of black HK45ts for only $770. I paid $980 for my OD Green HK45T back when they were $1100. Wondering if I can recoup that now or if I'm going to have to wait for 20 years.

I recently sold one for $650..the person I sold it to, recently resold it, I hope he made out..But, I think that not that many people like the green frame, plus the fact that the HK45 is a huge handgun, and the HK45c can do everthing the fullsize can, in a smaller package..If you like the green framed guns, fine, but never expect them to become collectors item.. As far as recouping your money, forget it..right now, the gun market in general is pretty soft, making it worse for the used market if you're selling, if you're buying, it's great.. But, no, you're not going to get you're money back when HK45's are selling for $770

H7K
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I bought this direct from Hk when I was in the industry. Im glad the prices have come down but on the flip side I feel like HK really hurt those who had already purchased these at much higher prices.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H7K View Post
    I bought this direct from Hk when I was in the industry. Im glad the prices have come down but on the flip side I feel like HK really hurt those who had already purchased these at much higher prices.
    Don't feel bad, One of the LGS's I go to had 20 VP9's in stock when HK cut prices (without giving them a heads up) Needless to say, they were'nt too happy.. And yeah, I was one of those people who paid about $1100 new, for that green HK45 I had.. At this point, I have a HK45ct, a USP45c lem, and a 9mm USPc lem, I think I got all the HK's I need, and if I want any more, I'll buy used..I learned my lesson..

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

I took a huge hickey when I sold a P30 recently. It was one of the 975.00 guns back in the day. I talked my buddy into buying it at that price. By the time he realized he'd rather have one of the P30sk guns, the bottom had fallen out on the P30 prices. His gun wasn't going to sell around here for even the 650.00 he wanted for it. I felt bad for convincing him to pay almost 1000.00 for it new so I gave him 700.00 for it. It took a price drop to 500.00 to move it. So yeah, I got bit.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ralphhh View Post
    ...and if I want any more, I'll buy used..I learned my lesson..
    That's the ticket, or wait until prices drop. HKs are built like tanks, and will last. More than half of my HKs are pre-owned and no problems whatsoever. So glad I went used, and not factory new.

When German-made USPs and the P30-series hit US shores again, prices will come down. It's amazing how supply and demand can make a big difference in a year!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent04 View Post
    That's the ticket, or wait until prices drop. HKs are built like tanks, and will last. More than half of my HKs are pre-owned and no problems whatsoever. So glad I went used, and not factory new.

When German-made USPs and the P30-series hit US shores again, prices will come down. It's amazing how supply and demand can make a big difference in a year!
    I could'nt agree with you more.. Most of the used HK's you see have been shot very little, and most of the time, whether or not it's a DA/SA gun or a LEM gun, the owner has given up on it because they did'nt see the results they were looking for, right away, and traded it off, usually for a loss.. Most people simply don't want to put in the effort needed to learn these systems, which is why striker fired pistols are very popular, they're easy to shoot, and can be learned quickly.. However, for those of us who can use DA/SA/LEM, The slightly used HK, sold a a much lower price can be a bargin, like you stated, they're built like tanks, very little goes wrong with them. And if you can work on them, unless it's something major, usually they can be repaired. I have two USPc's one was bought brand new for $400, it was one of the contract overrun pistols that showed up about a year or so ago, it came with box, papers (including a factory test target serial numbered to the gun) and 3 mags.. The second is in .45acp this too came with box, papers 2 mags, I traded a Gen4 Glock 19, even up..I did'nt think I could go wrong on that deal.. But, yeah, buy new? Nah, I'll pass, besides, I think I'm covered..

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Don't feel bad I got shafted for $1392 by GMP parts. I'll be old and gray before I see value.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2017 my first P30S was $725 ‘Boy, was that a good deal’. 3rd qtr came and everyone realized the POTUS isn’t selling guns, picked up a 2nd P30 for $535.
    All mine are, I don’t mind buying new. Win/lose some, but for a depreciating/non-contribution asset – I only buy guns to shoot.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Will be a while before it's worth what the OD Green USP Tactical. 45 is worth.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links