HK 45 Tactical versus P2000
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: HK 45 Tactical versus P2000

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default HK 45 Tactical versus P2000

Okay, here's my first post. I tried to search without luck, but if I missed a thread please point me in the right direction!

I recently purchased a P2000SK and really like it. A few quirks - the small magazine release is giving me fits but that is easily fixed. I now have the opportunity to pick up a 45 Tactical.

Just curious how the two compare. I'm going to keep both if I get the 45, but I may not spend the cash on the 45 unless it has something to "sell" me. :)

Also, while I'm here, I am thinking about Cerakoting the 2000 in an olive or FDE. Thoughts on that project?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HeqadonaStick View Post
    Okay, here's my first post. I tried to search without luck, but if I missed a thread please point me in the right direction!

I recently purchased a P2000SK and really like it. A few quirks - the small magazine release is giving me fits but that is easily fixed. I now have the opportunity to pick up a 45 Tactical.

Just curious how the two compare. I'm going to keep both if I get the 45, but I may not spend the cash on the 45 unless it has something to "sell" me. 🙂

Also, while I'm here, I am thinking about Cerakoting the 2000 in an olive or FDE. Thoughts on that project?

Thanks!
    If you don’t carry a spare magazine, I feel the smaller mag release of the P2000SK could be a good thing. There would be less chance of losing the magazine during a scuffle, or due to operator error.
    HeqadonaStick and 4X4 like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Try using your thumb and fore finger to hit both sides of the mag paddle. I find this works for me with the small paddles.
    HeqadonaStick and Kost like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

To be honest, comparing a P2000sk and an HK45 is, well...

...a little off.

One is an excellent carry gun. The other is an excellent war gun.

They have the same makers and the same mag dumps. Similarities begin and end right there.

One is a small yet highly shootable carry gun, usually seen in 9 but occasionally in 40.

The other is a highly shootable battle pistol. This one is found only in 45, and the double stack magazine and 4.4” barrel make it immense.

Having owned both, I’d say they are two extremes. One is a small carry gun, the other is a very large service gun.

Simply put, hard to compare.

P.S. Use your middle finger of your shooting hand to trip the mag dump.
    Last edited by multistage; 04-16-2019 at 03:20 AM.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

As multistage alluded, essentially not comparable.
    Either are at opposite ends, deep concealment vs. mission duty, 40 maybe but they’re even further apart at 9 vs. 45.
    If you’re thinking CCW, the USP45c/HK45c are ‘closer’.
    Cerakote... You’re going to sandblast the HK-HE off and replace it with a paint job, ‘your money’ would be the only rationale.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Both great firearms. HK45 Standard can be carried Concealed comfortable enough. But if you're looking to CCW an HK45C/Compact or a USP Compact are both better options for a .45 and are all within the compact footprint along with the P2000. As far as magazine release, the HK/European Style paddle release, as far as I known is meant to be used/actuated with the index finger as you do not have to break fire control/grip and is more intuitive/efficient when you've had enough repetitions to ingrain the skill
    HK45T OD V5/6
    HK45T OD W/Standard Barrel V5/6
    HK45T Black German V5/6
    HK45 Lipseys x Dos V5/6
    HK45c HKPro Edition RAL8000
    HK45c Black V7
    HK45c OD Green X Dos V7
    HK45c Baby Poo RAL8000 V7
    HK45 RAL8000 V5/6
    P30L V1
    P30SK V1
    USP .45 V5/6

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    To be honest, comparing a P2000sk and an HK45 is, well...

...a little off.

One is an excellent carry gun. The other is an excellent war gun.

They have the same makers and the same mag dumps. Similarities begin and end right there.

One is a small yet highly shootable carry gun, usually seen in 9 but occasionally in 40.

The other is a highly shootable battle pistol. This one is found only in 45, and the double stack magazine and 4.4” barrel make it immense.

Having owned both, I’d say they are two extremes. One is a small carry gun, the other is a very large service gun.

Simply put, hard to compare.

P.S. Use your middle finger of your shooting hand to trip the mag dump.
    ^^^^^ This! Decide what role the pistol will be deployed in. P2000 is a concealment pistol and open carry, HK45T is a duty gun, most likely carried open.
    Can't go wrong with either one!

Comparing Apples to Oranges here...
    Just saying...

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had several 45c pistols, but decided my P30 guns (along with an P2kSk) in .40 did everything they needed to do, and more. The 45c guns all eventually went to other owners.

That said, I recently purchased a 45T full sized, which does HD, hiking, and range duty. It is a phenomenal pistol.
    If you need a ccw handgun, look to the Sk series of guns. They are very versatile with the magazine and mag base plate choices available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks everyone.

I was unclear - I am not comparing them for similar duty, just for "feel," ease of use, fun at the range, ability to customize etc. I might carry the 2000 but the full size won't work in that role. I have other firearms so finding a niche is not the issue here, just whether or not to spend the cash on two HK's and how to decide on which to keep if I can't have them both - although if this forum is anything like other specialty forums I frequent, I suspect the answer will be "get them both!"

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Personally, if you're interested in 45 I'd rather have a USP tactical in 45 than an HK 45 tactical. (Well I actually sold all of my HK 45 tacticals) My HK 45 is Light LEM, my USPT 45 is DA/SA. I really enjoy them both but if I were to choose 1 it's USP all day. More rounds, better trigger, it's a USP!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links