HK45c? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: HK45c?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have the HK45c and carry it daily. I recently picked up a law enforcement trade in USP45c and like it as much if not better than the HK45c. I added the Talon Grips to the USPc to tone down the grip a bit and although I have not run as many rounds thru it as I have the HK45c, I believe the USPc shoots better and has better recoil. Once I have put several hundred more rounds thru it, it will most likely become my new EDC.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have the HK45c and USP9c, much prefer the feel of the hk45c. The USP has a horrible small mag release that is next to impossible to use under stress. Happily it can be swapped for the much nicer one for the HK45c, that helps a lot but I still prefer the feel of the hk45c and it my primary carry and will be for the foreseeable future.
    WolfieRules likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I put 1200+ rounds through mine before selling it, focusing time on drawing it from a holster (Raven and Milt Sparks), IDPA type stuff. It was 100% reliable and as accurate as my Nighthawk Talon 2 commander. However, the grip of the 45c was meant for gloved hands, not bare hands. If HK introduced a HK 45c with the P30’s frame, I would never pick up a 1911 again.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madangler1 View Post
    I put 1200+ rounds through mine before selling it, focusing time on drawing it from a holster (Raven and Milt Sparks), IDPA type stuff. It was 100% reliable and as accurate as my Nighthawk Talon 2 commander. However, the grip of the 45c was meant for gloved hands, not bare hands. If HK introduced a HK 45c with the P30’s frame, I would never pick up a 1911 again.
    I agree 100%, and have made this statement in the past. It would not only replace my (expensive, semi-custom) 1911’s, I would carry in place of my P30 pistols.

Leather & Lace Fiend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I too have had a love/hate relationship with the 45c. I'm currently on my 8th (!!!) and will be keeping this one around. I don't think that I've come close to buying and selling any other gun as much as I have this one. It is not perfect, but I can't get away from it as a comforting "disposable" carry gun.
    "a lascivious taste for the grotesque, the painfully paradoxical, the questionable and the absurd." Hidden Content

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

This thread just proves you need to try it and determine yourself! I'm not a fan of 1911s at all, and didn't like my USP 45 (stainless full-size) either. Sure, it was accurate, but always felt a little "off" for me. My HK 45c feels much better, and although this is not a scientific measurement, I sweat my 45c recoil was less that my full-size USP, so I sold the USP...
    HK VP9, P2000SK 9mm, P2000 9mm, 45c, USP 45 SS (sold), P30L, Mark 23 & PCS 9
    "A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ― Edward R. Murrow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have both a USP9c and an HK45c. I like them both for different reasons, grip on the USP is better though. Maybe a USP45c would be more my style, I don't know.
    Last edited by OddyseusDSM; 04-19-2019 at 12:41 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    So. About 7 years later I’m thinking I made a mistake. I’m torn between an HK45c and a USP 45c. I like the grip of the USP a lot more, but the HK45c seems a bit more... streamlined? I dunno. But it is calling...
    It's not an easy call. I have both. Just now I grabbed them both from their respective storage locations and gave them a grope. It's REALLY hard to decide which grip I like better. But the HK45C has the bilateral slide release and the front slide serrations, which put it just a little bit ahead of the USP 45C.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Picked up a near mint USPc 45 a couple weeks ago at my LGS with 6 mags for reasonable price. Haven’t fired it yet,...considered putting it on GB along with my 357 sig, but i hate getting rid of hk’s.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links