HK45c?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: HK45c?

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default HK45c?

Had one many years ago. I hated the slippery grip. A set of Talons helped, but for one reason or another I offloaded it.

So. About 7 years later I’m thinking I made a mistake. I’m torn between an HK45c and a USP 45c. I like the grip of the USP a lot more, but the HK45c seems a bit more... streamlined? I dunno. But it is calling...

I dearly love my P30 and P30sk. I expect the 45c trigger is comparable to them.

If they ever make a comeback and become available (and not at $850+ Gunbroker prices) I believe I’ll get another and give it a more honest shot. The fact that I’ve heard the grip is a bit more aggressive than it was years ago intrigues me.

But man, they’re hard to come by these days...I hope they’re around this summer.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I would give one another try for sure! I see Mike at Cross Creek Guns, a supporting vendor has them for $694 but none in stock.
    Last edited by dave7120; 04-18-2019 at 03:36 AM.

JCC
    Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I watched this video last night and thoroughly enjoyed. Did not know anything about the HK 45C or tactical.

https://youtu.be/z7sM_6mcZ4U

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    HK P9S 9mm
    HK USP9C
    HK P30 SK V3 TRU DOT
    HK VP9 SK TRU DOT

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dave7120 View Post
    I would give one another try for sure! I see Mike at Cross Creek Guns, a supporting vendor has them for $694 but none in stock.
    Oh, Mike knows I’m hunting one. He’s my go to HK guy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    Oh, Mike knows I’m hunting one. He’s my go to HK guy.
    Great, mine too! Good luck finding one, if anyone can get you one it will be Mike!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am thinking about selling my HK45c. Have about 500 rounds thru it, but I like the finger grooves which it does not have. Got the xs system big dot on it. Will include the meprosites and the 6 mags. Original box and manual.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

USP45c!!!

Tony
    Mr.Mayhem likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OP, I can relate to your situation. I have had three 45c (LEM) pistols over the years, including owning two at once. I enjoyed everything about them but the slippery grip. Like you, I tried Talon Grips, both varieties. Did not like the result. I even tried a Houge slip on grip sleeve. I really did not like that.

So, off they went, somewhat reluctantly. I have gone to .40 caliber P30 pistols as primary (with a .40 P2kSk snuck in there every once in a while) I am very happy with the results.

I did recently acquire a full size 45T, and I love the thing. HD, outdoors, and range fun. It is hard to beat.

Lastly, I’ll say that the 8 or 10 round spare mags for the 45c were not comfortable to carry, especially when compared to a single stack magazine. Yeah, I know, the P30 mags are a similar size, but getting 13 rds of .40 over 8 rounds of .45 is comforting, so it is “worth” the trouble, most times.

If you can truly accept the grip of the 45c, or if the newer stippling has solved your problem, you know it is a performer. Good gun.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I have the 9 USP9c/P2000, if/when I’d get the USP45c.
    My P2000 has the Hogue Handall and it’s perfect, it adds grip but most of all palm swell. The USP9c grip stippling/size is perfect as is.
    IIRC the 45c side stippling remains, the front/back follow the aggressive P30 pattern. If you carry the USPc without an undershirt, it’s abrasive.
    But either are tomayto/tomahto, the USP45c sings more to me – and it’s a USP.
    Last edited by GasGuzz; 04-18-2019 at 06:05 PM.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

USP45c hands down.
    Kjax1911 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links