HK USPc .357 sig barrels popping up again...
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Casi1

Thread: HK USPc .357 sig barrels popping up again...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default HK USPc .357 sig barrels popping up again...

Hey Guys...

A lil birdie just informed me that some sites are showing German HK USPc .357 sig barrels as back in stock.

If you have been waiting for one, you might want to check today.

<Casi1 scurries off to buy a backup barrel for her .357>

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

All, I have gotten a few PM’s asking about these barrels so I figured that I would post an update. I received my backup barrel today and it’s a legit BI date coded .357 Sig barrel with the 111- number.

Hope this helps...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I didn't know they were hard to find? I bought one last January. Mine is also BI date code with the same serial number prefix. Word of caution, where they stamp the serial numbers on the back side of the chamber there was a distinct ridge around the numbers. I had to use some emery cloth to remove that ridge or it hung up in the slide.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcube View Post
    I didn't know they were hard to find? I bought one last January. Mine is also BI date code with the same serial number prefix. Word of caution, where they stamp the serial numbers on the back side of the chamber there was a distinct ridge around the numbers. I had to use some emery cloth to remove that ridge or it hung up in the slide.
    Thanks for the heads up about the ridge. I too bought one in January (it had been hidden on a dealer shelf for some time, date code BC) and hadn’t had any hang up /lock up issues. I will be sure to check this BI one though.

My understanding is that HK USPc .357 barrels had been hard to find for some time. I had called HKCS and got on everybody’s backorder notify list for a long time before I found my first one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Casi1 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up about the ridge. I too bought one in January (it had been hidden on a dealer shelf for some time, date code BC) and hadn’t had any hang up /lock up issues. I will be sure to check this BI one though.

My understanding is that HK USPc .357 barrels had been hard to find for some time. I had called HKCS and got on everybody’s backorder notify list for a long time before I found my first one.
    It is easy to check, I just dropped it in the slide and noticed it hung up drastically on the numbers when trying to slide it. Depending on how much use your slide has it might not be an issue? I just picked up the USPc in .40 the end of December and ordered the .357 barrel right after that. As luck would have it, my new one appears to be very low mileage :)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HK USPc .357 sig barrels popping up again...-barrels_1_crop.jpg  

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcube View Post
    It is easy to check, I just dropped it in the slide and noticed it hung up drastically on the numbers when trying to slide it. Depending on how much use your slide has it might not be an issue? I just picked up the USPc in .40 the end of December and ordered the .357 barrel right after that. As luck would have it, my new one appears to be very low mileage :)
    I bought my .40c in January NIB as well as the .357 SIG barrel. I love the .357 SIG barrel so much that I eezoxed then retired the .40 barrel.

I just tested the new .357 SIG barrel in my slide and fortunately, didn’t find any problems.

HK USPc .357 sig barrels popping up again...-16779437-4d26-4261-87a1-4181d3669336.jpeg

HK USPc .357 sig barrels popping up again...-613a0f5d-bf44-405b-93fe-b91c59459c65.jpeg
    bp1 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It looks great. How is the mag extension functioning, any problems?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael k View Post
    It looks great. How is the mag extension functioning, any problems?
    Thanks. The jury is still out on the extension... I’ve only shot a few boxes through it. So far so good though.

Sponsored Links