USP Serial Numbers Caution.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: USP Serial Numbers Caution.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Default USP Serial Numbers Caution.

I had been wanting one of the newer date codes with the engraved HK on the slide. While itís not all models, it appears that BI, BH and BK USPs have the engraved HK back. Iíve looked a bunch of different places and they are pretty scarce, but I found one. However, I wanted to make sure I got a particular date code and marking on the slide. So, I called the retailer and a nice guy helped me and sent me a picture of the slide. Once we confirmed it was what I wanted he agreed to send that specific gun. I paid and waited and today I went to get the gun. When I got the gun in my hands I noticed that the slide had a different serial number than the frame, barrel and box. I called the place up to let them know and the guy I dealt with was very apologetic. He said heíd take care of it and send me an RMA. We agreed Iíd send this one back and heíd send me a new one and make sure all the numbers matched.

I then got a call from a manager saying all the guns that they had were the same and they didnít know when HK changed how they sent guns out. The rep had told him not all guns had matching numbers. He sounded like he expected me to keep the gun because HK had changed. I told him I didnít want it and asked for my money back. He said heíd check.

Then I called HK. No change in the process.

The manager calls me again and agrees something is wrong. He had talked to the rep again and all Euroopean made guns had matching serial numbers. Previously he had been referring to US made guns. There is definitely something wrong and they will fix it.

I am happy to say they are sending my FFL an RMA and as soon as they get the gun I will get a refund.

A long way to say, watch out for the serial numbers on new guns. I remember the discussion about the Colion Noir gun where all the numbers didnít match. Maybe it wasnít them and it came from HK that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dbealmear; 04-24-2019 at 07:12 PM.
    mew likes this.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

You had me worried. Just checked by BH dated USP45 Elite. All SNs on the box, barrel, frame, and slide match. Glad to hear things worked out for you!

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Thanks. Yep. Didnít mean to worry anyone, but it is strange. Maybe it was someone at the retailer. I canít imagine HK would let guns go out like that. They must have a system to review.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Wow , That is scary. Thanks for the heads up.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I would think there could be major problems if a firearms manufacturer sent out pistols with mismatched serial numbers? I’d be shocked if that ever happened with any of them. Strange!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It appears to be a refurbished unit with a new frame. Whether the dealer purchased it as refurbished is unknown at this point.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

That is really odd.
    HK - No Compromise

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Actually, if the LOWER was damaged in some fashion, HK's ONLY answer is to replace the lower with a new one, but that the new lower does in fact have a different serial number than the rest of the gun.

That the FFL LGS did not apparently LOOK at the firearm that they sold you. You, being the new owner actually LOOKED at the firearm you purchased and that is when you found the S/N issue.

I would guess that the slide, barrel and box have one serial number and the lower frame has the different serial number on it. Other wise there would be TWO pistols with problems because there would be two pistols with mismatched S/N, because rare is the day that the serial number on the SLIDE will be what is changed. That is why they do make changes to the lower by giving you a lower with a different S/N.

Just my .02
    Last edited by wallew; 04-24-2019 at 10:20 PM.
    jt15550 likes this.
    Protect and defend against all enemies, both foreign and domestic

A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davidrol View Post
    It appears to be a refurbished unit with a new frame. Whether the dealer purchased it as refurbished is unknown at this point.

HK don't sell refurbished guns.
    GuntherRommel likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is that even legal from the factory? And how do they get proofed?
    HK USPc 9mm
    HK USPc 40S&W/357Sig SS
    HK G36 conversion
    HK UMP45 conversion
    Vector V53
    HK M27 clone
    HK VP9
    HK P7M8

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links