Traded the VP9 for a USP.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Traded the VP9 for a USP.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Traded the VP9 for a USP.

Well, my vp9 experience was short lived. After 250-300 rounds I just couldn't come to terms with the gun. Loved the grip, loved the trigger, but I just didn't shoot it as well as my old faithful sidekick Glock 17.

I've no doubt that the HK was a higher quality gun, but it was getting into my head that I wasn't shooting it as well, so I knew going forward that I would likely never feel comfortable switching my duty gun from the Glock to the HK.

Given that it likely wasn't going to become the duty gun, I convinced myself it was okay to splurge and trade it for a gun that I have no use for, but always wanted...

Enter, the USP 45 compact :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ryan...; 04-25-2019 at 01:36 PM.
    bp1, Casi1, HecklerUndKoch and 4 others like this.
    Overconfidence erodes vigilance.

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Ryan,

Sorry that you didn't find the VP9 to your liking.

I LOVE my USP compact. My caliber is mainly .40 with a slight nod to .357 sig... But ANY USP is a great choice.

Good luck with this new pistol. But I suspect that you will shoot this much better than the VP9, and the transition from the Glock to the HK should be straight forward.
    Casi1 likes this.
    A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Excellent trade! I had a similar experience with the VP9. felt great in the hands but just didnt like it. My usp 45 compact is one of my favorites. Shoots just as good as the full size

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wallew View Post
    Ryan,

Sorry that you didn't find the VP9 to your liking.

I LOVE my USP compact. My caliber is mainly .40 with a slight nod to .357 sig... But ANY USP is a great choice.

Good luck with this new pistol. But I suspect that you will shoot this much better than the VP9, and the transition from the Glock to the HK should be straight forward.
    I'm sure with a little more time I could have grown to love the VP9, but I knew deep down that the gun I really wanted was a USP. Hoping I shoot it better :D

Quote Originally Posted by yz125racer View Post
    Excellent trade! I had a similar experience with the VP9. felt great in the hands but just didnt like it. My usp 45 compact is one of my favorites. Shoots just as good as the full size
    It was odd, 4/5 of my coworkers (all law enforcement used to shooting Glocks) couldn't shoot it well, 1 guy was plinking soda cans with consistency at 15 yards.. I'm hoping to go shooting today or tomorrow with this to see how it feels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I find the VP9 the most comfortable gun to shoot, and I shoot it a lot, but being it's a striker and it's of some size, I just don't carry it. But I kept it and don't intend on giving it up unless I run out of storage space. :)

I do carry a USPc. Just practice enough that you get used to that safety switch.
    Ryan... and Kjax1911 like this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have owned the USPc in both 9mm and 45 ACP. I liked the one in 45 ACP more. Good gun.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nifty View Post
    I find the VP9 the most comfortable gun to shoot, and I shoot it a lot, but being it's a striker and it's of some size, I just don't carry it. But I kept it and don't intend on giving it up unless I run out of storage space. :)

I do carry a USPc. Just practice enough that you get used to that safety switch.
    ^^ I am trying to get used to having a safety. I don't know that I'll really carry this, as I have my G43 w/streamlight that fits under just about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by MrShipwreck View Post
    I have owned the USPc in both 9mm and 45 ACP. I liked the one in 45 ACP more. Good gun.
    I had the opportunity to trade for a full size USP 9mm but I would have had to add cash, and for some reason when I think USP I think .45.. It's just the combo I've always wanted :)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Any USPc is good, I have the USP9c. The USPc in .45 is an institution.
    VP9 to USP45c, you are not wrong.
    Casi1, PorterM and Ryan... like this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I found the opposite to be true, in comparing my VP40 to my Gen4 Glock G22. I shoot the VP40 faster, with less perceived recoil force, and found it more comfortable than the G22 with no backstrap. This probably has to do with a combination of the tailorable ergonomics and heavier slide.

In shooting the G22 with no backstrap, I found that there was an irritating amount of trigger sting; adding the medium-size beavertail backstrap removed the trigger sting and increased my control, but I still shoot the VP a tad bit better.

I like both pistols; the G22 excels as my hunting backup and wilderness/hiking sidearm. The VP40 is used for competition (IDPA) and duty (but in that role, I'm more likely to use my P30L V1.5 LEM, but I've qualified with both the VP and P30L).

Best, Jon
    Ryan... likes this.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My USP 45 is more of a bedside gun, but if I were to carry a USP, I think I'd do so with it cocked and locked, like a 1911.

I never thought the DA trigger pull compared well with my SIGs, although I gotta' think that could be fixed easily enough.
    Ryan... likes this.
    "Remain yourself, in spite of all the mighty do."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links