Threaded Barrel for Compensator issues
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Threaded Barrel for Compensator issues

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Threaded Barrel for Compensator issues

Need suggestions on proper threaded barrel length for my 4.1 inch VP9....I have a PMM compensator and they recomend a SilencerCo barrel as they designed the comp for the S-Co 4.75 inch barrel but from the posts ive seen and looking at endless threaded barrels the 4.75 inch barrel will not fit my pistol. Suggestions please or personal experiences...thanks guys!

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremydavis View Post
    Need suggestions on proper threaded barrel length for my 4.1 inch VP9....I have a PMM compensator and they recomend a SilencerCo barrel as they designed the comp for the S-Co 4.75 inch barrel but from the posts ive seen and looking at endless threaded barrels the 4.75 inch barrel will not fit my pistol. Suggestions please or personal experiences...thanks guys!
    I have the PMM comp on a Fluted VP9 1/2x28 I bought from HKParts... No issues.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    Pinoy
    VP9
    P30SK
    P30L .40

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok good that’s a relief cause I really want to stick with the HK barrels instead of outsourcing one...thanks for the reply

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Ok good that’s a relief cause I really want to stick with the HK barrels instead of outsourcing one...thanks for the reply
    Check "My VP9 build" from user 'Warranty'.
    He has a sweet setup. Here's mine.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...8&share_type=t

My VP9 build

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Any 1/2×28 RH barrel would not be OEM; H&K OEM 9mm threaded barrels all come in 13.5×1 LH. HKParts is an aftermarket company, and not affiliated with H&K; while they sell OEM parts, they also have many barrels made under their house name of HKParts. PMM has compensators for both threadings.

Why would a SilencerCo VP9 threaded barrel not work?
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 04-27-2019 at 12:30 AM.
    Hidden Content

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得 箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I saw on one of the question and answer sections where someone posted the guestion “will the 4.75 silencerco barrel fit the 4.1 inch Vp9 model” the response was No from the silencerco rep...I saw this on too separate guestion and answer sections...I don’t know why it wouldn’t...but the only thing I can imagine is that there is to large of a gap from the comp to the slide...that said I have seen posts like the one above that looks to fit just fine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That’s sharp brother...is there any discernible gap from the comp to the slide? I don’t see one...just trying to cover every option

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Threaded Barrel for Compensator issues-11b05bcd-1e81-44e8-a686-b873d216fb2f.jpeg this was one example from Brownells is what I was saying earlier...maybe I’m just confused about barrels length for proper comp fit...maybe the person asking the question is too lol...just wanna make sure

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That’s sharp brother...is there any discernible gap from the comp to the slide? I don’t see one...just trying to cover every option
    Not much at all, but I asked PMM for the best placement whether close to the slide with the barrel tip slightly protruding into the comp, or a bigger comp to slide gap and barrel tip more flush to comp opening.

With the barrel slightly protruding into the comp, I wondered if I was getting full use of the comp's port. So I would get more compensation having the tip more flush against the comp opening to have more gas push thru the top.

PMM said "combination of both"... Which I took as whatever u want. So I went with less slide gap.

PMM with give u 3 sets of shims and rocksett to set ur comp. I ended up buying my own rocksett bottle since I had to redo mine.

All in all, I like it and it's a cool mod. I wonder about the recoil difference between Comps and the VP long slide kit though. With new barrel and comp, you're breaking into the same price range as the long slide kit(with new barrel n sights).

I will say, use foam or padded grips during install as mentioned .. I don't have that and tried to my locking pliers with duct tape.. Let's say I have my own PMM unique finish. But as Bob Ross would say, "there are no mistakes, just happy little accidents."

Guess he never tried to mod an HK.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11B05BCD-1E81-44E8-A686-B873D216FB2F.jpeg 
Views:	24 
Size:	364.5 KB 
ID:	231564 this was one example from Brownells is what I was saying earlier...maybe I’m just confused about barrels length for proper comp fit...maybe the person asking the question is too lol...just wanna make sure
    That makes no sense, given that all VP9s have a 4.09" barrel length.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links