Is this a part off of a VP9?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is this a part off of a VP9?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Is this a part off of a VP9?

I was reassembling my VP9 after installing a new trigger and a seat spring. When I was tapping the locking block pin back into place I noticed this piece in my lap. I can’t find anything like it on the VP9 parts diagram. Does anyone know what it is? Thanks.

ETA: see this thread for more info and answers https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handg...er-safety.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is this a part off of a VP9?-a061ae44-2bbc-49f0-891c-7d3fe8f6622f_1556403962699.jpeg   Is this a part off of a VP9?-cb05998a-eabb-4731-8728-8f5789b97c36_1556404015853.jpeg  
    Last edited by EXCATM; 06-02-2019 at 08:31 PM.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

It looks a little like that retainer clip that goes in/out the upper right side of the frame during disassembly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HotelKilo View Post
    It looks a little like that retainer clip that goes in/out the upper right side of the frame during disassembly.
    Do you mean the safety clamp part number 20 here https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-man...pistols-hk/vp9 ?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just did triggers on my VP9 & VP9SK. I don't recognize that part.

While it may resemble #20, neither hole is open. They both appear to be closed.

Do you notice anything when dry firing ? Does everything appear to be tight ?

After blowing your pics up and looking close, I'd say no it's not.

I didn't take anything apart on the rear portion of the housing. Even so, the schematic shows nothing that looks like that in that area.
    Last edited by js101055; 04-27-2019 at 11:21 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by js101055 View Post
    I just did triggers on my VP9 & VP9SK. I don't recognize that part.

While it may resemble #20, neither hole is open. They both appear to be closed.

Do you notice anything when dry firing ? Does everything appear to be tight ?
    One hole is open the other is closed. When dry firing everything appears to be fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If one side is open that part holds the right side slide release in place.

Pull the slide off. On the right side silver rail there is a small rectangular cut out.

Make sure your right slide release lever is pushed all the way in. The open portion of your mystery parts goes in that slot. Puch down on it to lock the lever in place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I swear though that your pic doesn't look like the part that I am describing. See scan attached.

Name:  clip.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  13.4 KB

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If one side is open that part holds the right side slide release in place.

Pull the slide off. On the right side silver rail there is a small rectangular cut out.

Make sure your right slide release lever is pushed all the way in. The open portion of your mystery parts goes in that slot. Puch down on it to lock the lever in place.
    By open I mean that one hole is drilled all the way through the other is not. The part is made of metal. You are talking about the safety clamp right? This is not the same part. Here are a couple of pictures next to the TRS pliers for size reference. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is this a part off of a VP9?-5ac3e4d4-e510-4584-9c7a-0ccd954b9d87.jpeg   Is this a part off of a VP9?-325a233e-a9bf-49cf-9233-30ab464cbe9f.jpeg  

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I swear though that your pic doesn't look like the part that I am describing. See scan attached.

Name:  clip.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  13.4 KB
    No that’s definitely not it. I’ve got the part you posted installed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I won't even speculate on how that piece ended up on your lap. I'd say that isn't a part from a VP9.

I've done 2 triggers in the last 4 days and my memory is still fresh.

Did you take anything off of the rear portion, behind the grip ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links