HK45CT Hammer Off Center - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: HK45CT Hammer Off Center

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mew View Post
    I'm in your camp Faustus, I would not settle for that either. No excuse it's not fit correctly, tolerance stacking?? excuse for not being right I guess.......
    Hopefully HK doesn't become like many other mfg's out there with the "its within spec" BS as production quality is where HK shines and separates itself from the crowd.
    Tolerance stacking is not an excuse..It is a real issue, all manfacturer's have issues with it, some deal with it better than others..Look at the bright side..At least this is'nt a Wilson Combat Beretta Centurion Tactical..some of those were sent out with some really messed up slides, and when WC got called about it, they passed the buck to Beretta, who promply stated that these were cosmetic issues..This after paying $12-1400 for one. I had one, I recently sold, mine was ok visually, However,looking inside the slide there was a milling cut made on the right side that went halfway through the back of the slot the locking block rides in. The machinist in me says that the mill went just a little too far when making this cut, and the operator did'nt catch it in time..Realistically, it did'nt hurt anything, and was cosmetic, But was it pi#$ poor machine work? Definitely.. I learned my lesson there, too.No more WC Beretta's.. they're not worth the money.. Same for new HK's I'll never buy new again, they don't hold their value any more than anything else. In the last couple of years I picked up two USPc's, 1 9mm, nib, was one of the import marked contract overruns, light lem, ambi saftey levers, 3 mags factory test target..$400, the other, a .45 I traded a G19 for it even up, converted it to LEM myself.. total cost $0..
    Last edited by ralphhh; 04-29-2019 at 04:54 PM.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Faustus View Post
    ... new HK45CT. It is a V7 (LEM) with the typical bobbed hammer. It was ordered this way, as a brand new, factory LEM (not a conversion).
    That’s pretty bad. Is this a US assy, does the PN/SKU/UPC/Label indicate this as OEM/Stock?
    I don’t have an LEM, but among my hammer HK’s only my P2000 is ‘OCD off’ by .007” left.
    WolfieRules likes this.

mew
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ralphhh View Post
    Tolerance stacking is not an excuse..It is a real issue, all manfacturer's have issues with it
    I'm not saying it doesn't exist, I'm saying it's BS for a quality firearm company to make excuses for it. You are OK with it, I'm not and neither is the OP. It grows tiresome for
    people to continually tell others to get over it, just shoot it blah blah blah and not voice their displeasure with poor quality control, I just don't get it.
    HK is a top tier gun maker NOT low end junk FFS........
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
    Edmund Burke

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not saying it doesn't exist, I'm saying it's BS for a quality firearm company to make excuses for it. You are OK with it, I'm not and neither is the OP. It grows tiresome for
    people to continually tell others to get over it, just shoot it blah blah blah and not voice their displeasure with poor quality control, I just don't get it.
    HK is a top tier gun maker NOT low end junk FFS........
    Who said they were making excuses for it? First, let's see what HK will or will not do.. As far as "top teir" you realise that these parts are MIM, and not machined from bar stock, and that's where your tolerance stacking probably starts. As I said, there's three parts invloved here, which one would you start with to correct the issue, and how long are you willing to work on it to correct it? The only other thing I could tell you is, If you want a truely perfect pistol, then you're going to have to pony up a lot more money, and go full custom..Production guns (even HK) will always have flaws.. And this is one.. To me, it's minor, I'd more concerned with how it shoots, what kind of groups I can get out of it, what kind of reliabilty does it have. Those things are far more important that a cosmetic issue. This issue too, is why I won't buy new, if I would've bought it used for say, $500 and it had a crooked hammer, as long as it worked like it's supposed to, I could care less..

As far as HK being "top teir" I don't buy it, they're a better than average, they've always maintained a excellant barrel to slide fit, but that's about it. The truth is, they got away with overcharging for their stuff for a long time. Prior to the VP9 coming out they were on the razor's edge of bankruptcy, at some point not long after the VP9 came out, they figured that if they want to stay competitive, they were going to have to drop prices on alot of their models. That tells me that alot of people, myself included, overpaid.. If HK wants my business, then they're going to have to make some real improvements, especially with their DA/SA triggers.. 11-12lb DA triggers on pistols like my HK45ct, just don't cut it anymore, and yet this "top teir"manfacturer can't even offer a lighter weight hammer spring for it.. You see, I don't worship at the alter of HK, I'm not married to them. Sure, they make some solid pistols but, they're not the only ones who can..

mew
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ralphhh View Post
    I called HK and they told me that was common, and nothing to worry about. It's a tolerance stacking issue, and I was told that if you wanted straight hammer you'd literally have go through a pile of them until you got one that fit straight.
    I did, and you quoted HK's excuse for poor QC. Not sure why you want to keep trying to explain this to me??
    I get it, you are OK with it cause it goes bang, and only custom pistols should be expected to have straight hammers!!!
    WolfieRules likes this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I have installed a dozen LEM kits in the last few months. Two had the same issue, hammer was slightly off center (actually canted a little to the side). Nothing rubbed, and everything worked as designed. One of the pistols I installed an LEM Universal Kit in my stainless compact 9mm EDC and it has about 1000 rounds after the installation of the kit. The hammer that once was slightly off center (canted) now sits in dead center in the cut it is designed to fit in. Maybe shooting the hell out of it got the parts to seat better. I just sold a USPC 9mm V7 that was a factory built original V7 LEM. The hammer on it was also slightly off center. The hammer hits the firing pin, and the gun shoots every time. All I can expect for a production pistol.
    Last edited by Kilmore; 04-29-2019 at 10:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I did, and you quoted HK's excuse for poor QC. Not sure why you want to keep trying to explain this to me??
    I get it, you are OK with it cause it goes bang, and only custom pistols should be expected to have straight hammers!!!
    Whatever dude, it's your story, you tell it anyway you want.
    Last edited by ralphhh; 04-29-2019 at 11:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kilmore View Post
    I have installed a dozen LEM kits in the last few months. Two had the same issue, hammer was slightly off center (actually canted a little to the side). Nothing rubbed, and everything worked as designed. One of the pistols I installed an LEM Universal Kit in my stainless compact 9mm EDC and it has about 1000 rounds after the installation of the kit. The hammer that once was slightly off center (canted) now sits in dead center in the cut it is designed to fit in. Maybe shooting the hell out of it got the parts to seat better. I just sold a USPC 9mm V7 that was a factory built original V7 LEM. The hammer on it was also slightly off center. The hammer hits the firing pin, and the gun shoots every time. All I can expect for a production pistol.
    Thank you, you said it better than I could, I had installed a LEM kit in my HK45c with results like the OP's, years later I installed the same kit in a USPc, hammer is much straighter, not perfect, but much better, Funny how that works is'nt it?
    Last edited by ralphhh; 04-29-2019 at 11:22 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Slightly off topic, but are those sights standard on the CT now? I am about to pull the trigger and order a 45CT but none of my local vendors can confirm that these are standard on the CTs. I really like the look of the low profile tru dot and won't be mounting a suppressor, so there's that lol. Thanks in advance guys.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mannymedico View Post
    Slightly off topic, but are those sights standard on the CT now? I am about to pull the trigger and order a 45CT but none of my local vendors can confirm that these are standard on the CTs. I really like the look of the low profile tru dot and won't be mounting a suppressor, so there's that lol. Thanks in advance guys.
    Yes, the TruGlo 1-front-dot night sights come standard on all US-made HK45Ts and HK45CTs. They are also standard sights on all VP9Ts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links