Lem reset
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Lem reset

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Lem reset

Venturing into the Lem trigger world. Some have suggested the reset is a little long? Would like to hear from actual folks with experience with this trigger system. What’s your point of view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Funny, I was just thinking about this today after shooting my LEM P30L and DA/SA USP side by side.

The LEM trigger reset IS a bit long. If you're real big on double-taps and split times, it might not be for you. As a long-time DA/SA CCW guy, and a guy that just can't get into striker-fired pistols -- the LEM is heaven.

Just tonight I went searching the usual sites, and found that Gray Guns does a reduced reset mod for LEM triggers. I am going to be sending my P30L off to them for some love this summer, as soon as I complete a move and get settled in at the new address.
    Own: HK91, SR9, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, P8, 2x P8A1, USP9
    Future: Done, until HK comes out with something new & nifty. Might start building an FNH collection.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I LOVE the LEM trigger. I have a P30SK, P30L and a USP full size. The p30’s are lite LEM. The usp is a heavy LEM. Reset is a bit long in the P30s, but you can train for it. It’s perfect in the USP. I prefer the lite LEM. Going to convert a USPc to it from V1 as soon as kits are more widely available.

Happy Shooting!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

A standalone short reset modification can be done for a reasonable price. Contact me for details.
    Bill
    Home

Tug
    Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I have shot 1000s of rounds with a LEM .45 full size. I don't mean to be trite, but the reset is what it is. Meaning, that is what comes with the system. So if you need something else, then find another gun and or trigger. I like, but do not love the trigger. But there are other attributes, that on balance, make it something that I understand and can use with confidence. YMMV.
    WolfieRules likes this.

PC7
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

For a carry/defense pistol it is not an issue. However if you are trying to make GM in USPSA then it may be an issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What type of triggers do you have experience on? In my experience, those that come from a da/sa or revolver background seem to transition well. Folks who have only used SF seem to struggle a bit more. The USPc has the shortest reset of the LEM family.
    FergusandCo likes this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I shoot several HK USP's with a V7 match/hybrid trigger. When dry firing the pistol, the reset will feel different than when actual live fire due to recoil. Using an HK Light TRS, FPBS, nickel flat spring and Match Hammer Spring will yield a very nice break and crisp reset. I find the Match/Enhanced TRS and FPBS too light and don't get the feedback I require for my burn scarred fingers and hands. Shoot it before you make a final decision on what combo works for you. Much better litmus test than dry fire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kilmore View Post
    I shoot several HK USP's with a V7 match/hybrid trigger. When dry firing the pistol, the reset will feel different than when actual live fire due to recoil. Using an HK Light TRS, FPBS, nickel flat spring and Match Hammer Spring will yield a very nice break and crisp reset. I find the Match/Enhanced TRS and FPBS too light and don't get the feedback I require for my burn scarred fingers and hands. Shoot it before you make a final decision on what combo works for you. Much better litmus test than dry fire.
    Great insight. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have no issues whatsoever with the OEM reset in my P30L V1.5. It's a tad longer than that on my Glocks, but hardly objectionable or of any operational consequence. While there are certainly aftermarket kits and services out there to reduce it, my thought is that you'd be better off simply sinking those funds into training and practice with the OEM setup (unless, of course, that you already have the requisite skill-set and experience to actually discern and quantitatively benefit from such shortened reset work/components).

Best, Jon

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links