New member, new to me HK from Summit
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: New member, new to me HK from Summit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default New member, new to me HK from Summit

Been a long time gun lover, ever since I first got old enough to hold a firearm. Mainly been a Beretta fanboy for the longest time, with a few Glocks & M&Ps thrown into the mix. But recently was going through my buddy's gun safe and handled his HK USP and fell in love. Granted, I always knew about HK but had never fired one, held one, or shown much interest in them. Had an opportunity to buy a friend's when I was in the Army, HK USP 45 but I just didn't have the money at the time (between pay periods and I was in process of discharging so needed to save the funds and didn't have anything to sell). Their high price had also kept me away, but after handling my friend's you really do get what you pay for.

I think what pushed me over the edge in finally wanting to get one was stumbling across some HK fanboy videos on YouTube made by Frontier Setter, not only were they hilarious but also provided me with alot of useful knowledge. Then watched a few of DevilDolphin's (I know he is a member here), and decided I'd go for it. Plus had just sold a Glock 26 so I was sitting on some cash but knew I'd have to kick in some more unless I found a steal.

Went looking around locally on armslist and gun shops. My favorite shop had several of different variations, so I spent some time looking them all over. Decided I wanted to start with an USP, and mainly handled those they had in stock. They had a USP Compact in 9 (box and two magazines $800), 40 (gun one magazine $750), and 45 (gun magazine $675). Almost jumped on the HK USP Compact in 45ACP, but they wouldn't budge on the price any. Decided I'd do some more research and see what else I could find.

Glad I did, stumbled across a post on ar15 about the ones that Summit had. Called Mark up (super nice guy) who answered all my questions I had and then some. Originally was going to get just the pistol and one magazine, but decided I'd treat myself and get the extra magazine and case just to have. Ordered yesterday, Mark said I should have it at my FFL (deputy I work with) by Friday. Unfortunately I'm out of town until Monday, so will have to wait until then to get it.

While browsing through AR15, found an ad from a guy selling HK USP Compact 40 magazines for $15 shipped. Ordered x4 of those so I can have plenty of time at the range without having to reload.

Anyone have any holster recommendations? I'm wanting to get one OWB for the winter months and for when I go to the range, then one IWB for the other occasions I want to carry it.

This is going to be an expensive habit, but I think alot cheaper in the long run than getting a Glock and having to upgrade everything. Think the only thing I'd want to upgrade right away is the sights, depending how dead they are on the gun when I get them.

Now if I can only stop looking at the HK USP full size that he has listed.
    bp1 likes this.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

Welcome to the site, and congratulations on the acquisition!!!

Tony

bp1
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crazysarge16 View Post
    Now if I can only stop looking at the HK USP full size that he has listed.
    You won't be disappointed. The FS which I got had slight holster wear on the slide and stippling, otherwise very good condition.
    Hard to believe that I waited so long to get one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

bp1
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Check out Garrett holsters; gi holsters.com (Leather-lined Kydex). I just got one for P2000sk IWB.
    4 wk wait.
    Kost likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bp1 View Post
    Check out Garrett holsters; gi holsters.com (Leather-lined Kydex). I just got one for P2000sk IWB.
    4 wk wait.
    Garrett Silent Thunder holsters are superb ^^^^+++1

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the comments, definitely looking into those holsters.

Might pick up a Safariland holster to carry it out hiking or on my family land.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Patriot Holsters, JM Custom Kydex, Lenwood, or Vedder Holsters are the best IMO. Take a look at any of these. Of the above mentioned the best for the money and most minimalist is the Lenwood. Not many people know about them but they are fantastic, HIGH quality holsters and I love the clip system they use on the IWB. Plus super awesome people to work with. But... all are great companies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welcome and congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Kramer holsters. Horsehide.
    bp1 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is addicting, already trying to trade for a HK USP Compact 45