The very scarce HK elite 9mm
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: The very scarce HK elite 9mm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The very scarce HK elite 9mm

I purchased my first H&K a couple of months ago - P30SK. I have other pistols but after a lot of viewing of videos and reading article reviews, I got the P30SK DA/SA with manual safety. I am a leftie so appreciate the ambidextrous controls. This is my ECG. Unlike some other DA/SA brands, I can load a round in the chamber, decock it and put the safety to safe position. This extra bit of safety gives me peace of mind. But this is a carry gun. I want to get ahold of a USP Elite in 9MM, but they are not readily available in the U.S. i.e., I can't find one. This will be a range gun. I don't compete but could be tempted if I can get a suitable pistol. On paper the Elite seems ideal - long barrel (more accurate), obviously well made, and with the features that I like. So, can someone recommend how I might obtain one of these? It may be as easy as talking to my local dealer - I don't know. It may be that the dealer has to order it from overseas? I didn't want this post to be a WTB, since I want advice about how to acquire one and I'm not really interested in pre-owned. Thanks.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Welcome to the forum.

Well the elite in 9mm is a very sought after gun. That ever so often come up for sale. And when they do expect to pay $$$$.
    Some options to purchase: WTB ad here (WTB section), Gunbroker (stalk it and look for one), call Hk and order a 9mm elite conversion kit for the Usp 45, or find an importer to procure and import one for you.

Those are a few options. Other could chime in more but just getting you started

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

….or you can steal one if it is left unattended. No seriously, Sean415 has it right. You have to be persistent and vigilant to score a USP9 Elite, and be willing to pay buck$$ for one. And if you do, please post pics, so we can envy you. Welcome and good luck in your search!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do you have any idea what an elite 9 mm conversion kit for a .45 would cost?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Congrats. One of the few pistols I'm sorry I sold.
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it.
    You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good.
    Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy.
    Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

"If you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat" Ronald Reagan

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I agree with Sean. Check all of the gun auction sites every day. Or also as he suggested purchase an Elite 45, call HK and order the 9mm upper. Expect to wait 6 to 9 months and then you have both.

If you buy the kit from and importer about 1100 to 1300
    If you buy from HK and don’t mind the wait, about $900

My kit will be here in July.

But my wife bought me a full 9mm at Christmas. So I will have both. And plan on shooting them all I can.

Doc
    Last edited by Doc44ga; 05-02-2019 at 09:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks to all for your quick responses. Gun Broker has a couple of Elite 45's at about $1k or a bit more. So if I understand correctly, I can buy a 9mm conversion kit for about $900 more. Well, I've been looking at some CZ customs and they are in the $1,500 to $2k price point also. I prefer the HKs because of the polygonal rifling in the barrel and the ambidextrous controls, and because the guns have safety/decocker. With the CZs, you can't chamber a round and then put the safety on - you can carry either cocked and locked (which I'm trying to avoid), or get the decocker version. I also like the o-ring and match trigger out of the box with the HKs. No need to send off for a trigger job. I could always buy the 45 then get the kit whenever.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

You pretty much summed it up. Then you could have twice the fun. 45 acp and 9mm.

The 9mm’s come along, but you have to be fast and ready to spend at least $2200 to $2500 as soon as you see it because someone else is waiting for one that won’t hesitate.

Doc

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

Welcome to the site--- hope that you acquire one!!!

Tony

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

The very scarce HK elite 9mm-20190430_152735.jpgThe very scarce HK elite 9mm-20190430_172246.jpg Middle is the USP elite 45, top is the HK45, bottom is the USP match 45. I just picked up a new USP Elite 45 on Tuesday and was surprised to find that it is not the same slide profile as the USP 45 line. The top of the slide is exactly like the HK45. I will shoot it this weekend. BI date code? weird. The pictures of the USP expert seems to be the same on top just longer. I cant say I'm not a little disappointed.
    Last edited by GuntherRommel; 05-02-2019 at 11:25 PM.
    Doc44ga likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links