mk23 and trijicon rmr - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: mk23 and trijicon rmr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That look great! I would've definitely used a replacement slide also.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FRA67 View Post
    After reading this thread, I purchased an adjustable Trijicon RMR without a base, second Mark23 slide (I didn't have the stomach to modify my original slide) and sent everything to Mark at L&M Precision. Mark did a fantastic job and everything is seamless. RMR and original sights have a lower 1/3 cowitness with enough glass above if you don't have to use irons.
    Attachment 253854, Attachment 253856
    Awesome I'll cut my original slide w/o hesitation I don't see this as devaluing anything and they still make Mark 23's they aren't all "rare"

I'll bet slides aren't cheap and I only paid $1600 for my latest NIB Mark 23

add a good muzzle brake and run 45 Super and thats one helluva combo

Can you share what your costs were on the project ? Thanks for posting btw
    The Song Remains the Same

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

yeah, what did the slide and job cost?
    AutoLode likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MaD HuNGaRIaN View Post
    yeah, what did the slide and job cost?
    Please I would love to hear the build costs and any further details or info you may have on this conversion I have been wanting to build a monster Mark 23 like a 460 Rowland etc but I might be happy with the 45 Super but I want the Trijicon and I meed a good muzzle brake

Also does anyone know where you can buy Mark 23 slides ?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AutoLode View Post
    Please I would love to hear the build costs and any further details or info you may have on this conversion I have been wanting to build a monster Mark 23 like a 460 Rowland etc but I might be happy with the 45 Super but I want the Trijicon and I meed a good muzzle brake

Also does anyone know where you can buy Mark 23 slides ?
    +1 to the request for additional slides. This build has me intrigued...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Finally made it to the range. Unfortunately, only had time to try this new setup with 5 rounds at 10 yds. May need to tweak the RMR after some additional groups at 10 and 25 yds, but I'm a convert. mk23 and trijicon rmr-img_3715.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just saw the questions about cost for this build. New stripped slide and slide parts were sourced from HK with the firing pin block from Numrich for a little less than $500. RMR from EuroOptic for about the same price as the slide and parts. Labor and Cerakote from Mark at L&M Precision was $365.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AutoLode View Post
    I'm sorry for the late reply and hope it is still of use.

I had seen claims that Starline 45 Super brass was actually the same as their 460 Rowland brass except for headstamp and length -- exact same thicknesses and metallurgy -- but didn't want to assume that was true, so I cut down their 460 Rowland brass to 45 Auto length for my 460 Rowland loadings.

(Relative to the bottom of the case, the bullet sits the exact same height for 460 Rowland as 45 Auto so there is no issue of creating a difference there.)

However that was a waste of effort.

When I decided finally to give a shot to just asking Starline, they answered immediately and stated that their 45 Super is indeed exactly equal to their 460 Rowland except for the above.

So, while not recommending loadings myself or any aspect of handloading, one can use published 460 Rowland loadings just as well in Starline 45 Super cases. No need to modify chamber or trim cases.
    THRLSEKR likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links