Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Bought never used VP9, new to guns

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTICDETH View Post
    Welcome.

Believe me, the way I threw myself in here, I had probably the most hazing any member has had, and yes, if you all remember, I was hazed like crazy, yes, you all remember.

Hang in there, learn, read, use the search function.

I came in here like a know it all bat out of hell, like a dog ****+ing glass, and I was set straight.
    I learned to be patient, read, ask the correct questions. And not be a schumck, I知 sure your not a schmuck, but for me, it was a miserable first couple months, until I posted pics, then things settled down a wee bit, o one believed me I was an HK fan, owner, etc etc
    After the pics were posted, everyone was cool.

And honestly I知 still not quite sure I知 still not excepted here :)

But I致e been here for only a couple years, and everyone was reluctant to accept me, but time has passed, and I think I知 welcome in here finally.
    We are diehards, that will not change.

Read your heart out in here, there is a massive wealth of info from so many professionals, and just good people, it will be hard to not accept your position in here.

Cheers
    I don't know....I watched your entrance. It was entertaining as well as the reactions. I'm an old codger now, but one thing I've learned is that life is boring without variety. It takes all types to achieve the full flavor of a culture. I don't see anything wrong with youthful enthusiasm. What made you a valued member is that you did not get bellicose and offensive. You found your groove and moved with it.

To the OP, please try to understand that no one knows about you what you do. All we see is what you allow us to see. Any advice we offer is meant with good will even if it reads dismissive. We have been asked these same questions by beginners many, many times. So a short answer is better than none at all. You asked about a manual safety. For a combat weapon I prefer no manual safety at all. Imagine the stress of an imminent and advancing threat. You draw your weapon and with fractions of a second to fire, you squeeze the trigger and forgot to release the safety. Now the threat is on you. Seizes control of your weapon and renders you lifeless. I can't tell you how many times I have drawn a weapon and forgotten to move the safety lever only to have nothing happen. I realized over the years that I was the safety. Me. My self control and careful adherence to the four rules of gun safety. I have plenty of handguns with a safety lever, but I carry my guns that do not have them.

Hope this helps some. Also, I've recently learned to keep my wife away from any gun I really like. This might be useful to you too someday.
    bp1 likes this.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azimuth View Post
    I don't know....I watched your entrance. It was entertaining as well as the reactions. I'm an old codger now, but one thing I've learned is that life is boring without variety. It takes all types to achieve the full flavor of a culture. I don't see anything wrong with youthful enthusiasm. What made you a valued member is that you did not get bellicose and offensive. You found your groove and moved with it.

To the OP, please try to understand that no one knows about you what you do. All we see is what you allow us to see. Any advice we offer is meant with good will even if it reads dismissive. We have been asked these same questions by beginners many, many times. So a short answer is better than none at all. You asked about a manual safety. For a combat weapon I prefer no manual safety at all. Imagine the stress of an imminent and advancing threat. You draw your weapon and with fractions of a second to fire, you squeeze the trigger and forgot to release the safety. Now the threat is on you. Seizes control of your weapon and renders you lifeless. I can't tell you how many times I have drawn a weapon and forgotten to move the safety lever only to have nothing happen. I realized over the years that I was the safety. Me. My self control and careful adherence to the four rules of gun safety. I have plenty of handguns with a safety lever, but I carry my guns that do not have them.

Hope this helps some. Also, I've recently learned to keep my wife away from any gun I really like. This might be useful to you too someday.

I had a slight tude, but not over the top rude, or arrogant, that’s just not me,which is why I’ve been walked over and been used as a doormat, I’m a nice dude, when I’m screwed, used, abused, y’all it up as “whatever”
    If I didn’t have a child, and legal gun card, (Illinois)
    I would hit a road trip.

There’s another 20 years for that ;)

Mom taught me well —(do unto others, as you would have them do unto you”
    Still rings true.
    azimuth and Rockets like this.
    FAMILY, faithfulness, compassion, honesty, empathy, trust, hockey, single malt Scotch 21+, Heavy Metal music, German, Irish, Belgian, English bier, what else is there...?

If you squeeze my lizard...

Jody Arias, ......I知 single
    Bob Markunas is a human scumbag!

Lee Grace Dougherty, find me when on parole.
    I neither confirm nor deny owning any firearms, you must kick in my door to find out.
    (We have to pass it to see what痴 in it) Pelosi & Schumer scum!
    TRUMP 2020 !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dwillHK View Post
    There are zero replies to your thread.

OMG, so funny! I really should participate here more often.
    "Let dogs bark, the caravan is moving"
    USPc 9mm
    USPf 45acp

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I took class from an expert and afterwards in eagerness showed him my post here and after reading the replies he told me not to waste my time on this forum. I asked him why? And he said he found lack of professional expertise and incorrect advice/information being given here. Since I am a newcomer, I did not know what it was he was referring to and did not want upset him by questioning him and left. Anyway, Thank you guys for your help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Define "expert."

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jrandall,
    The best way to evaluate the advice and “expertise” found on this board is to read. Look at the posts from ones who have been members for a long time as well as newcomers.
    I joined HKPro quite a while ago as a new HK USP 45F owner. (That caused the expensive addiction.) I have discovered that no one knows HK like an HK Owner. Duh.
    There are many here who have incredible knowledge and who are willing to share that knowledge . Many times folks like Marine 0303, TooSixy, Big Bore, Straightgrain, LSP972, Loupav, Mew, Three Feathers and many others have helped me via the pm message board as well as on the forum concerning my HK pistols and questions not HK related. Ask yourself: do you trust the off-handed word of a so-called expert with possibly no experience with HK or the knowledgeable people here?
    PorterM likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PorterM View Post
    Define "expert."
    Someone he paid for 'advice' vs. the collective free information from real HK owners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PorterM View Post
    Define "expert."
    Certified, experienced police firearms instructor since early 1970s...
    PorterM likes this.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jrandall View Post
    I took class from an expert and afterwards in eagerness showed him my post here and after reading the replies he told me not to waste my time on this forum. I asked him why? And he said he found lack of professional expertise and incorrect advice/information being given here. Since I am a newcomer, I did not know what it was he was referring to and did not want upset him by questioning him and left. Anyway, Thank you guys for your help.
    So you have endless basic questions here that could have been solved by a simple google search, you take a class from an expert who says people here "incorrect advice/information (is) being given here" and suddenly you have no interest in what the 'correct" answer is concerning your firearm FROM A PERSON WHO YOU TOOK A COURSE from because you did not want to 'upset" him.

Yea, I buy that, you seem so shy about "questions."

Troll much?
    mew and Cheignsaw like this.
    HK USPc 357 Sig (match trigger)
    HK VP357 Sig (match trigger)
    HK USP Expert 40 (match trigger)
    HK USP 40 (match trigger)
    Walther PPQ 9mm
    Walther P99 AS (Many 9mm and 40)
    Class 3 Colt M4
    Class 3 Colt Commando
    Class 3 HK MP 5

mew
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

what really bugs me is recently, and not just this forum are people who ask questions but don't really want answers!! they then complain about the answers to
    the questions by being snarky and condescending. then it proceeds to 10 pages of basic nonsense, kind of like this thread. why am I even replying? cause I care,
    really care, it's about the children, the little HK children(muffled cry) STOP THE MADNESS
    Rockets likes this.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
    Edmund Burke

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links