Bought never used VP9, new to guns - Page 11
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Bought never used VP9, new to guns

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockets View Post
    So you have endless basic questions here that could have been solved by a simple google search, you take a class from an expert who says people here "incorrect advice/information (is) being given here" and suddenly you have no interest in what the 'correct" answer is concerning your firearm FROM A PERSON WHO YOU TOOK A COURSE from because you did not want to 'upset" him.

Yea, I buy that, you seem so shy about "questions."

Troll much?
    hello WHERE DID I SAY ———have no interest in what the 'correct" answer is concerning my firearm FROM A PERSON WHO I TOOK A COURSE FROM?
    Those are your words.
    Yes it s correct that out of respect for him I did not say anything when he said what he said about replies to my question in this forum. Buts thats all. He has different view and others have different view.
    Like You guys been saying there is no need for manual thumb safety but the expert differs and told me his reasons I respect that. And who knows I might have same opinion later on after I get lots of experience?
    Btw I am branching out to huntng guns. I don’t find pistols that much fun anyway.
    Last edited by Jrandall; 05-30-2019 at 10:12 PM.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jrandall View Post
    I took class from an expert and afterwards in eagerness showed him my post here and after reading the replies he told me not to waste my time on this forum. I asked him why? And he said he found lack of professional expertise and incorrect advice/information being given here. Since I am a newcomer, I did not know what it was he was referring to and did not want upset him by questioning him and left. Anyway, Thank you guys for your help.
    I'm finding that too many 'experts' have big heads and pea sized balls (if you get my drift) and I wouldn't think twice about 'upsetting' them. He probably gave you some valuable pointers on your slide release and open carrying while he was at it. I'm an old codger myself and don't care who I piss off but I piss on nobody. I wouldn't give that 'expert' another penny and scout out a new one. Find one who gives you options and says, "do what works best for you", the guy who's ways are better than anyone else's isn't worth a second look.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

hello WHERE DID I SAY ———have no interest in what the 'correct" answer is concerning my firearm FROM A PERSON WHO I TOOK A COURSE FROM?
    Those are your words.
    You might try to read it in context, you are newbie curious here but won't ask a person you take a course from how people in this thread have been wrong (but go to the effort to show him this thread).

Some people have a knack for pretentious comments, backhanded comments toward the members and obtuse questions.

Troll Away.......
    WolfieRules likes this.
    HK USPc 357 Sig (match trigger)
    HK VP357 Sig (match trigger)
    HK USP Expert 40 (match trigger)
    HK USP 40 (match trigger)
    Walther PPQ 9mm
    Walther P99 AS (Many 9mm and 40)
    Class 3 Colt M4
    Class 3 Colt Commando
    Class 3 HK MP 5

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

bp1
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Btw I am branching out to huntng guns. I don’t find pistols that much fun anyway.
    Seen all there was to see in the pistol hobby in less than a month? Picked it up May 11, dropped it before the end of the month. Feel sorry for the guys over on the "huntng guns" forum.

Oh, those guns have manuals, too.
    WolfieRules, PorterM and Rockets like this.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

‘Experts’ are full of differing opinions more than anyone. This is a world where you seek training and info from many and select what makes sense to you. If an ‘expert’ tells you to carry your pistol without a round in the chamber or something like that you’re allowed to make up your own mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockets View Post
    You might try to read it in context, you are newbie curious here but won't ask a person you take a course from how people in this thread have been wrong (but go to the effort to show him this thread).

Some people have a knack for pretentious comments, backhanded comments toward the members and obtuse questions.

Troll Away.......
    Hello
    I am not trolling you are. I showed him the thread. After that he gave me his opinion, He has solid credentials like I wrote.
    I might take another class with him. I as newbie you see have no expertise to question his judgment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bp1 View Post
    Seen all there was to see in the pistol hobby in less than a month? Picked it up May 11, dropped it before the end of the month. Feel sorry for the guys over on the "huntng guns" forum.

Oh, those guns have manuals, too.
    I did not say I dropped out from pistols. I am just branching out.
    Rifles seem to be more fun and especially long distance hunting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Your “expert” didn’t really provide you any solid credentials it doesn’t sound like.

Being a “certified” instructor? “Certified” by whom? There is no governing body of firearms instruction, therefore who “certified” him matters more than the certification. Literally, anybody that pays can be “certified” by some groups.

Police instructor? What police department? Who did he train under? What is the size of the agency? How many hours of outside instruction does he log a year and under whom?

Since the 1970s? That can go either of two ways. Either he’s a geezer stuck in his ways that hasn’t changed as tactics, technology, and doctrine has or he can provide you with up to date training and experience because he’s constantly looking for cutting edge training.

The comment about not carrying a gun without a manual safety leads me to believe this “expert” isn’t. He’s an old geezer who has spent more time touting his experience, hasn’t kept himself up to date, and he already “knows everything” and feels he has nothing to learn from others, and probably hasn’t learned anything since the 1970s. Perhaps I’m off the mark, but I’ve run into his type time and time again beaten them in competition, provided faster times on standardized drills, and proven to be more accurate. But who knows? Maybe you found the one guy that is the end all be all expert and everybody else is an idiot.

That’s ok, garbage in, garbage out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Do I need to clean and lube it before using it on range? How do I disassemble and clean and lube it?
    What are best products to use to do this?
    What type and grain of ammo should I shoot through it?
    Does it need some specific type and grain of ammo to break it in?
    Long distance hunting, huh?
    bp1 and Rockets like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redpillregret View Post
    Your “expert” didn’t really provide you any solid credentials it doesn’t sound like.

Being a “certified” instructor? “Certified” by whom? There is no governing body of firearms instruction, therefore who “certified” him matters more than the certification. Literally, anybody that pays can be “certified” by some groups.

Police instructor? What police department? Who did he train under? What is the size of the agency? How many hours of outside instruction does he log a year and under whom?

Since the 1970s? That can go either of two ways. Either he’s a geezer stuck in his ways that hasn’t changed as tactics, technology, and doctrine has or he can provide you with up to date training and experience because he’s constantly looking for cutting edge training.

The comment about not carrying a gun without a manual safety leads me to believe this “expert” isn’t. He’s an old geezer who has spent more time touting his experience, hasn’t kept himself up to date, and he already “knows everything” and feels he has nothing to learn from others, and probably hasn’t learned anything since the 1970s. Perhaps I’m off the mark, but I’ve run into his type time and time again beaten them in competition, provided faster times on standardized drills, and proven to be more accurate. But who knows? Maybe you found the one guy that is the end all be all expert and everybody else is an idiot.

That’s ok, garbage in, garbage out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    May I know your credentials in regards to expertise in pistols?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links