Bought never used VP9, new to guns - Page 7
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Bought never used VP9, new to guns

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Granted the best safety system rests between your ears, it relies largely on um uh oh common sense.
    redpill makes a very good point on the mechanical difference (benefit) of the Block, the ‘DA’ adds another level of safety vs. inertia trigger tab safety of the VP9/PPQ et-al.
    As for the Mil thumb safety doctrine, they still have AD’s with AR’s (and pistols are easier to point).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What method do you use to release magazine on vp9. It has some kind of push buttons attached to trigger guard to release the magazine. Very unusual way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jrandall View Post
    What method do you use to release magazine on vp9. It has some kind of push buttons attached to trigger guard to release the magazine. Very unusual way.
    Those are called paddles. Typically, there are three methods. Strong side thumb, strong side index finger, or strong side middle finger.

It is important to be cognizant if using your trigger finger that you are pressing down on the paddle and not back on the trigger inadvertently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jrandall View Post
    Take a course and read the manual? I was looking for more help than this. Thanks anyway.
    I have been carrying firearms for about 24 years, both privately and professionally. About a month ago I bought my most recent HK, and guess what—I read the manual. So, I'm not sure why you are scoffing at this excellent advice, especially since the manual directly answers several of your questions.
    WolfieRules and PorterM like this.
    In a world of compromise, some procrastinate.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Faustus View Post
    I have been carrying firearms for about 24 years, both privately and professionally. About a month ago I bought my most recent HK, and guess what—I read the manual. So, I'm not sure why you are scoffing at this excellent advice, especially since the manual directly answers several of your questions.
    Some people just want stuff done for them....now if RTFM, and have questions that need clarification or aren't addressed, that's a different scenario.
    grumpy1 and PorterM like this.
    VP9 - all 4 of them :-)
    VP9SK
    P30SK v3
    HK45 V1 German Made
    HK45 V7 US built
    HK45 V1 US built
    HK45C V7 OD
    HK 45C V1 German Made

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Reading through the owner’s manual was always something I looked forward to, whether it was for an automobile, firearm or whatever. Skipping this important step is like building a home on a faulty foundation. Start at square one, don’t rush the process as guns can be very dangerous if not handled properly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    They are technically double action since pulling the trigger finishes cocking of the striker. I believe the ATF considers it double action for importation points.
    The slide cycling presets the striker. If the slide doesn't cycle the gun won't fire. You can't pull the trigger on a Glock and then pull it again, which is a requirement for double-action. So, no double-action.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It is your first, but it won't be the last

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rizza32 View Post
    The slide cycling presets the striker. If the slide doesn't cycle the gun won't fire. You can't pull the trigger on a Glock and then pull it again, which is a requirement for double-action. So, no double-action.
    Restrike capability is not the definition of double action. Double action means just that, that the trigger does two actions, namely, cocking the firing mechanism, and then releasing it.

A Glock (and many other striker fired guns) has the trigger cocking the striker the rest of the way, and releasing it. The ATF considers it to be a double action gun, even if it doesn't have the restrike capability of my USP.
    PorterM likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What happened to thread I started asking about NATO spec and SAAMI spec ammo?

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links