Bought never used VP9, new to guns - Page 9
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Bought never used VP9, new to guns

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jrandall View Post
    Friend, do me a favor, read the answers to my thread there and tell me what they say.
    Thanks buddy.
    There are zero replies to your thread.
    320737, Kost and Cheignsaw like this.
    Do you even HK, Bro?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This video gives a quick disassembly of the VP9 / SFP9 at about 40 seconds in. Also shows how accurate the gun can be.

hvrnaut likes this.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kost View Post
    *All guns are always loaded.
    *Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    *Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    *Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

(Sorry, couldn't resist)
    =)

Couldn’t resist?
    Truer words have never been spoken!

Except by our commander in chief!

The basic of all firear safety.
    I’m teaching my son , mnay of these.

FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER, UNTIL YOUR READY TO USE IT.
    muzzle to the ground
    NEVER, EVER raise the barrel when in a crowd and moving side to side in the vicinity of people.
    Not a toy, this is real, you can hurt someone. Granted, it’s a spring loaded break barrel BB gun, still, good gun control starts young , and continues into adulthood.

In no way was it arrogant, it is the common sense of gun control,and safety, which will last a lifetime.
    FAMILY, faithfulness, compassion, honesty, empathy, trust, hockey, single malt Scotch 21+, Heavy Metal music, German, Irish, Belgian, English bier, what else is there...?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It shouldn't have any issues with 147 grain fmj...my department only issues 147 gr for duty ammo and our fmj practice ammo. My VP9 has passed 5000 rounds, with the bulk being 147 gr, and never had a single malfunction or issue in running 147 gr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ach2068 View Post
    It shouldn't have any issues with 147 grain fmj...my department only issues 147 gr for duty ammo and our fmj practice ammo. My VP9 has passed 5000 rounds, with the bulk being 147 gr, and never had a single malfunction or issue in running 147 gr.
    Just curious, is your VP9 department-issued or did you purchase it yourself? asking because I haven't heard of many departments even considering the VP9.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PorterM View Post
    Just curious, is your VP9 department-issued or did you purchase it yourself? asking because I haven't heard of many departments even considering the VP9.
    Bought myself. My department has an approved firearms list for on/off duty carry. They issue the P320 to new officers now, was the G17 when I got out a few years back. I've spoken with my range staff about it and they said they considered the VP9, especially after the push button released but price tag was way too high compared to the 320 or G17. Probably half the department I'd say still runs their G17's, probably another quarter or even a third run the 320 and the rest are a mix of different Glocks, Sigs, Springfield, S&W, etc. I only know of 5 (out of 1200) of us that carry the VP9.
    PorterM likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A great choice, my agency started issuing the P320 last yeat (they wanted to stay with the .357 sig caliber) and it's a decent gun but I carry my SK when I am in plain clothes. Sadly we never even looked at HK, we've been with Sig since 1993 so it wasn't really a shock when we went to the P320. We don't have an approved list for uniform carry, just the issued weapon. I wish the VP9 would get more LE attention, it's such a great platform.
    Last edited by PorterM; 05-17-2019 at 01:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jrandall View Post
    Take a course and read the manual? I was looking for more help than this. Thanks anyway.
    YES! Take a course in firearms safety, use, and safe handling. You're not smart enough to do a YouTube search on how to clean your VP9, you're probably not smart enough to handle a loaded weapon safely!

https://youtu.be/qUwoNnberQA

https://youtu.be/We29jWcJWPA
    Kost, 320737 and WolfieRules like this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PorterM View Post
    A great choice, my agency started issuing the P320 last yeat (they wanted to stay with the .357 sig caliber) and it's a decent gun but I carry my SK when I am in plain clothes. Sadly we never even looked at HK, we've been with Sig since 1993 so it wasn't really a shock when we went to the P320. We don't have an approved list for uniform carry, just the issued weapon. I wish the VP9 would get more LE attention, it's such a great platform.
    That sucks...but the P320 is still a great gun! A bit heavy on the hip I think but it's still a great duty weapon. Your department's Sig deal is about like mine with Glock, we've been approved for whatever we want for a very long time but the department itself has always issued Glocks so it was a pretty big "controversy" when they announced the issuing of P320s for now. I just spoke to someone about it too and apparently now they're moving to the P320 Pros, kind of cool I guess. So you guys are still with the .357 Sig round? Do you like it? Our SI weapons are 9mm, they've bounced from .40 to 45 to 9 the last 20 years. Same as firearms though we can carry any of those 3 calibers although they seem to frown a bit on .40 S&W like the rest of the gun world these days.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

This thread is veering into Sig P320 talk.
    WolfieRules and PorterM like this.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links