button release for other models? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: button release for other models?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I haven't heard or seen anything about a push button on the other models....I hope not though, like everyone else I'm 100% for the paddle release. Paddle is life.
    WolfieRules likes this.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

No more buttons.

Only,paddles are real!
    FAMILY, faithfulness, compassion, honesty, empathy, trust, hockey, single malt Scotch 21+, Heavy Metal music, German, Irish, Belgian, English bier, what else is there...?

If you squeeze my lizard...

Jody Arias, ......Iím single
    Bob Markunas is a human scumbag!

Lee Grace Dougherty, find me when on parole.
    I neither confirm nor deny owning any firearms, you must kick in my door to find out.
    (We have to pass it to see whatís in it) Pelosi & Schumer scum!
    TRUMP 2020 !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

To actually answer the OP's question, no, I have not heard anything about them offering a button release on other platforms.

To go along with the crowd here, shame on you OP

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

The reason the button was made was for police contracts that specify the push button mag release in a striker fired pistol. If you where to read the FBI last request it specified a push button magazine release. I don't see HK Changing any other models at this time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

#leavemyleveralone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    bp1 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I started with a paddle release as HK was my first semi auto. Added a few more since then. I only have one pistol with a button release. I don’t think it’s as ergonomic or intuitive, but since that pistol is just a .22 and I can shoot it cheaply it has a home. Until HK comes out with a USP .22 (not holding my breath)

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jck397 View Post
    Iím assuming if they did, it would supplement existing lines, not replace, like with the VP.

I really like the paddles on the USP/P2000 series, but I drop mags under recoil with the longer paddles. I realize itís a hand size/grip issue, but it makes the P30/HK45 series a no-go for me. Itís rare, but I have heard of a few others with the same issue, so it would be nice to have the option.
    Make the grip as large as you can to reduce the amount of your trigger finger that comes around the trigger. If you're pressing your trigger with or pass the 1st bend in your trigger finger that's what's causing the mags to drop when the trigger is pressed.
    (my little bag of tricks) (my road dogs) (words can not express a few things nicely dressed),
    {And a Presa Canario that loves his people . He won't stop unless I tell him to).
    Use your imagination.

(The Phantom Brigade)
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division

GJM
    Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfieRules View Post
    After shooting some of my friends button guns, I don't see how people prefer a clearly inferior method of releasing mags.
    What makes HK pistols great has nothing to do with the paddle magazine release. HK pistols are accurate, reliable, durable and arguably have the best OEM magazines made.

The paddle release may genuinely be a better solution for some people, but the reality is the FBI, military and CBP did not prefer a paddle release. A paddle release is likewise not highly regarded by most competitors, and there basically no serious competition pistols with a paddle release. So, while the paddle is not favored by mil/LE nor competitors, it is beloved by an even smaller segment of the shooting market — HK traditionalists, aka “fan boys.” 🙂
    zart312 likes this.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What makes HK pistols great has nothing to do with the paddle magazine release. HK pistols are accurate, reliable, durable and arguably have the best OEM magazines made.

The paddle release may genuinely be a better solution for some people, but the reality is the FBI, military and CBP did not prefer a paddle release. A paddle release is likewise not highly regarded by most competitors, and there basically no serious competition pistols with a paddle release. So, while the paddle is not favored by mil/LE nor competitors, it is beloved by an even smaller segment of the shooting market — HK traditionalists, aka “fan boys.”
    If you say so, clearly I disagree, but if you like buttons go with it....tell me how you release mag with a button without changing your grip?
    VP9 - all 4 of them :-)
    VP9SK
    P30SK v3
    HK45 V1 German Made
    HK45 V7 US built
    HK45 V1 US built
    HK45C V7 OD
    HK 45C V1 German Made

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Since when did administrators (aka desk bureaucrats) become the be all end all with weapon function and efficiency.
    Competition... they don’t show up because traditional paddle/hammer HK’s are fundamentally combat/war weapons, there are other preferred features before a mag release design.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links