button release for other models? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: button release for other models?

PROUD ASA MEMBER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What makes HK pistols great has nothing to do with the paddle magazine release. HK pistols are accurate, reliable, durable and arguably have the best OEM magazines made.

The paddle release may genuinely be a better solution for some people, but the reality is the FBI, military and CBP did not prefer a paddle release. A paddle release is likewise not highly regarded by most competitors, and there basically no serious competition pistols with a paddle release. So, while the paddle is not favored by mil/LE nor competitors, it is beloved by an even smaller segment of the shooting market – HK traditionalists, aka “fan boys.” 🙂
    Look, it's not our fault that literally every group you mentioned is wrong. But as it is with many things in life, we as Americans fall behind the rest of the world because so many balk at change. "We want a button release because that's what the 1911 had" or whatever. Like many here, I started shooting with an American style button. For awhile that's all I knew but once I began using paddles, it didn't take long for me to discover they're superior. In both ease of use and speed. Also, use paddles when you're performing one hand drills. They're a huge benefit. It also didn't take long for me to pick up the squeeze cocking action of a P7 and realize that weapon is vastly superior to most combat handguns. But I am open minded and a quick learner I guess.
    Last edited by HKSIGslinger; 05-15-2019 at 05:00 PM.
    LCSO264 likes this.
    HK addict in constant search for a cure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GasGuzz View Post
    Since when did administrators (aka desk bureaucrats) become the be all end all with weapon function and efficiency.
    Competition... they don’t show up because traditional paddle/hammer HK’s are fundamentally combat/war weapons, there are other preferred features before a mag release design.
    I think he was referring to the 96% vs. 4% claim made earlier in the thread. Whereas one member believed we fanboys are the 96%, GJM was stating that we are actually the 4%. Regardless of who is right and wrong.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

natty99... Well, I'm referring to #28.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

They're not mutually exclusive, but ok

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I understood the 96/4 analogy. Obviously we’re on different pages.
    Nevertheless, folks looking for buttons on an HK hammer (or modern single stacks) is not HK’s philosophy.

YVK
    Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfieRules View Post

If you say so, clearly I disagree, but if you like buttons go with it....tell me how you release mag with a button without changing your grip?
    1. Changing vs not changing grip or dropping the mag doesn't define reload speed. It is nice when you can but is nothing crucial. It is simply not a rate limiting step in a reload.
    2. Half of currently available HK models have paddle design that requires grip shift or at least grip release.

There are two advantages to paddle. It is the best ambidextrous option. With gun in hand, it is hard to accidentally drop the mag. Everything else is work of imagination of paddle fan base.

Standing by for videos of HKPRO members nailing 0.8 sec reloads with their paddles to prove me wrong.
    Last edited by YVK; 05-15-2019 at 06:23 PM.
    zart312 likes this.
    “When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?"
    "What's for breakfast?" said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?"
    "I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet.
    Pooh nodded thoughtfully. "It's the same thing," he said.”

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I firmly prefer the paddles purely for ambidexterity. But what's the problem with having H&K have both, especially when it can help H&K win more contracts and sell more guns? I wouldn't want them to focus on the button to the detriment of paddles, but no one is suggesting that. I also have extremely strong doubts that anything already existing will see a button option outside of the VP series.
    zart312 likes this.
    Hidden Content

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得 箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I expect HK is looking closely at how well the VP9-B sells compared to the original VP9. When Walther offered the PPQ M2 reports from Walther is that it outsells the original PPQ with paddle magazine release about 10-1. At least some in this thread seem to fear that HK wll quit making pistols with paddle style magazine release and I don't think that would be their intent, but to instead offer a button release for those that prefer it. IMO anything HK can do to increase their sales and financial strength is a good thing.
    Last edited by grumpy1; 05-15-2019 at 06:46 PM.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    ― Thomas Jefferson

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I prefer paddles but what I really prefer is that HK succeed in the marketplace. Whatever that takes is fine with me, provided quality stays where it is.

My main personal concern is that I don't want a mix of paddle- and button-style releases among my carry guns. I do own a Shield and going back and forth between that and my HKs is only tolerable because of the other differences between the Shield and any of the HKs. I do not want to find myself in a situation where I need to reload and have to think about whether the VP9SK, or P30, or whatever it is has the paddle or the button or some other sort of pseudo-clever mag release. This would only become an issue if HK releases some new must-have gun in button-only, or perhaps if it discontinues the paddle versions of its current products.
    Last edited by Refired; 05-19-2019 at 04:15 PM.
    WolfieRules and LCSO264 like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Refired View Post
    I prefer paddles but what I really prefer is that HK succeed in the marketplace. Whatever that takes is fine with me, provided quality stays where it is.

My main personal concern is that I don't want a mix of paddle- and button-style releases among my carry guns. I do own a Shield and going back and forth between that and my HKs is only tolerable because of the other differences between the Shield and any of the HKs. I do not want to find myself in a situation where I need to reload and have to think about whether the VP9SK, or P30, or whatever it is has the paddle or the button or some other sort of pseudo-clever mag release. This would only become an issue if HK releases some new must-have gun in button-only, or perhaps if it discontinues the paddle versions of its current products.
    Be glad you're not me, I have three types of mag releases. Realistically, I don't carry a spare mag so none of this matters, probably true for many here.

My primary carry gun has a heel release. Guaranteed not to drop accidentally as I've had button releases do.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links