Trijicon RM06 finally mounted on my VP9! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Trijicon RM06 finally mounted on my VP9!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gpark09 View Post
    I don't know if it's your first RDS on a pistol or not. If it is, man... you will have whole new training coming in. Nice barrel color. Like it.
    It will be a learning curve, no doubt but I'm excited to give it a shot. And thank you, the barrel is a Stainless Steel SilencerCo.

Quote Originally Posted by ACR6 View Post
    Looks good Brock, do you know how the cut was done. Does the pocket have the 2 screw holes and the recoil bosses or is it just the 2 screw holes?
    I believe it has the recoil bosses and has 2 screw posts. I will get a pic of the cut uploaded tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotshot10 View Post
    That looks great. I wish HK had an OEM option for an RMR.
    As do I! you would think at least the VP9 Tactical would...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looks good Brock, do you know how the cut was done. Does the pocket have the 2 screw holes and the recoil bosses or is it just the 2 screw holes?
    Ok so I misspoke, it in fact has the screw holes and what i believe are the recoil bosses towards the front. Not sure why I thought it had posts.

No.body likes this.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Looks great. What did they charge for the machine work?

I was thinking of having this done to my long slide kit.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by awiner View Post
    Looks great. What did they charge for the machine work?

I was thinking of having this done to my long slide kit.
    Thanks, I'm very pleased. I paid $60 shipped for uncoated. They offer an option to have it cerakoted to protect from rust etc but I love the factory slide finish so I'm going to coat the bare metal myself.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Trijicon RM06 finally mounted on my VP9!

Quote Originally Posted by BrockDM View Post
    Thanks, I'm very pleased. I paid $60 shipped for uncoated. They offer an option to have it cerakoted to protect from rust etc but I love the factory slide finish so I'm going to coat the bare metal myself.
    Totally reasonable. Agreed with not having the factory finish changed. I’d mask the slide and just spray the machined area with some flat black combo primer/paint or use a cold blue and then mount the RMR.
    Last edited by awiner; 05-16-2019 at 01:19 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Thanks for taking and posting those pics Brock. I'm also looking to do to an RMR cut on my longslide and the recoil bosses are a criteria of mine. $60 is a steal, anything I've seen near that price only gets the one big pocket machined vs the detail for those bosses.

Congrats again, good looking setup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by awiner View Post
    Totally reasonable. Agreed with not having the factory finish changed. I’d mask the slide and just spray the machined area with some flat black combo primer/paint or use a cold blue and then mount the RMR.
    That's exactly what I'm doing. I have it all masked off, I just need to apply a few coats when I get off tonight. I can update this thread when I'm finished.

Thanks for taking and posting those pics Brock. I'm also looking to do to an RMR cut on my longslide and the recoil bosses are a criteria of mine. $60 is a steal, anything I've seen near that price only gets the one big pocket machined vs the detail for those bosses.

Congrats again, good looking setup.
    Thank you very much.

My goal with this thread was to try and address the unknown variables pertaining to the RMR process, specifically the depth to which its cut. I couldn't find much information aside from a few photos and the companies that did the work.

I plan to 1/3 co-witness my sights as well so I can update this on the height and models of sights that I choose. I need to do a little more research before then though.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Just need to add some #gripstubble like we did for Fatmat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheJerkman View Post
    Just need to add some #gripstubble like we did for Fatmat
    Wow look awesome! I love the brushed/battleworn slide finish.

I plan to have it fully stippled in the near future. I had a local guy do my SK, I've been trying to decide if I want to go back to him or give MLS a shot.

TheJerkman likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

All I can take credit for is the grip work but I agree that is definitely one fresh looking piece. Normally I'm not one for the battleworn look but his gun definitely rocks it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links