HKPRO Forums banner

P30 Front Sight removal

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  WolfieRules 
#1 ·
Hi All,

New to this site and hoping to find a link or info on removing the front sight on a P30 and replacing it with a flush dovetail insert. Ive looked but can't seem to find one. I removed the rear sight and replaced with a mepro sight which is legit. I dont want to remove the front sight to leave a depression and want to just find a flush insert. Thanks in advance for your help :)

#5 ·
He’s mounted a red dot and feels he has no further use for his front sight, and would like to remove it but doesn’t want to leave an empty dovetail. He’s asking if anyone has a source for something to fill the front sight dovetail with. I would just grind down the factory front sight and cold blue it..

#9 · (Edited)
If there was a flush insert, i am not sure how you would push it in the dovetail without damaging the slide. Even with a front sight installed, the sight doesn't fill up the whole dovetail anyway, i guess you could have something custom made, but seems unnecessary IMO.
And before anyone says mine looks off center, its just the angle of the picture.
I added another one just for clarity.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.